Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Debi & Tia's Grand Wedding Adventure

Started by Anne Blake, August 02, 2018, 06:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Donica

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 29, 2018, 04:36:35 PM
Tia, Debi and I went for a visit to historic Annapolis Royal, one of the first European settlements in North America.  We had a great lunch out on the patio at the restaurant.  We had good food and lots of good conversation. 

I played tour guide while they visited the museum, which is in the second-oldest wooden building in Canada.  (The restaurant is in the third-oldest wooden building.  If you are wondering about the oldest, it is right around the corner.) We also visited the Fort Anne historic site.

Tomorrow, the plan is to look at second-hand clothing stores.

Lovely pictures ladies. Wow Kathy and Wendy! What a wonderful place to live. The oldest wooden buildings in North America and they look to be in very good shape for their age. Ah yes, I see where you got your lovely new avatar picture Kathy. Tia and Debi, I'm so glad you two are having such a wonderful trip. Is that a telescope Tia and Kathy are standing in front of? Please do tell? Yes, you can call me the Cosmo's girl. I'm such a nut about the Cosmo's. Have fun ladies!

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Donica on August 31, 2018, 11:43:22 AM
Is that a telescope Tia and Kathy are standing in front of? Please do tell? Yes, you can call me the Cosmo's girl. I'm such a nut about the Cosmo's.
Yes, that is my observatory.  I gave Tia and Debi the 10-cent tour.

I have several telescopes, but only one is in use at any one time.  My main hobby is astrophotography.  You can see my pictures at: http://www.dulcemelos.ca/en/catalogue.asp
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 31, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
Yes, that is my observatory.  I gave Tia and Debi the 10-cent tour.

I have several telescopes, but only one is in use at any one time.  My main hobby is astrophotography.  You can see my pictures at: http://www.dulcemelos.ca/en/catalogue.asp

Wow!!! me too Kathy. Cool! Another Astro girl. I don't have any of my equipment any more. I wanted to build my own Observatory so I wouldn't have to carry everything in and out every night. A 12" reflector can be quite heavy. I used to set up my Meade 10" cassegrain and record the moon hoping to catch an impact. Apartment life has ended those days  :'(. I bookmarked the Hall's Harbour Observatory. I used to be a member of the Bradford University robotic telescope group. They seem to full up these days as I can't get signed up anymore. Maybe one day I'll pick up a 4" cassegrain and set it up on my balcony. I'm not sure how I will align it because the north star is not visible from my balcony. Keep gazing the heavens Kathy!

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Anne Blake

Just a brief intrusion into the galaxy watching conversation. By the way, the photos on Kathy's site are just plain awesome and worth perusing.

Deb and I just left Nova Scotia this morning and I wanted to make a comment on an observation from our time with Kathy and Wendy from yesterday. Yesterday we spent time wandering the streets of Wolfville, not too far from Kathy and Wendy's home. While walking and talking I noticed several folks that belong in our LBGTQ+ alphabet soup mix. Some were obvious and some were subtle, blending in fairly well. What was beautiful to see is that no one on the streets looked or commented or stared or pointed or anything, they just went about their business as if it were the way life is meant to be. I have not found many places in the states that are as openly accepting as what we saw in Kathy's community. So far on this trip we have passed through five provinces of Canada from Ontario east and we have not had one uncomfortable experience due to gender identity issues and I definitely can't say that about traveling like distances back home.

Ok, that has been said, bring back the star gazing talk...it is neat stuff.

Tia Anne

And Steph, time to update the travel map, tonight we are in Saint John New Brunswick and tomorrow we will be visiting Bar Harbor and the Acadia national park in Maine
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Anne Blake on August 31, 2018, 07:12:04 PM
they just went about their business as if it were the way life is meant to be.
Two things have made my transition as smooth as it has been.  One is the support of my wife.  And the other is the acceptance of the community.  We haven't done much travelling since this adventure started, so it is interesting to hear how you have experienced acceptance on your travels.

And speaking of neat stuff, you and Debi are a truly neat couple.  We thoroughly enjoyed your visit and having a chance to get to know you.  Anyone who is on your schedule for a visit is in for a treat!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Debi

Hello my star-gazing friends,
This is earth log, DAY 11 and we are now back to earth and enjoying a room at the Hampton Inn in Saint John, New Brunswick. This will be our last day/night in Canada. Tomorrow the "plan" is to cross into Maine and run down to the Acadia National Park.

Our ferry ride from Digby, Nova Scotia was enjoyable. Good weather, stable boat and a place to sit back with my feet up listening to some great music for two hours. I even took some great photos of the ferry and Tia and I can't prove any of it because when I got ready to down load I found my memory card in the computer and not my camera. This was always my greatest fear as a wedding photographer. Luckily when it really mattered, it didn't happen. So to those who need pics as proof here is one of the paperwork I picked up along the way today.

Everything seemed to go well today until we got off the ferry and promptly got lost. It took three different stops for directions before we found our hotel. So we told our woes to the nice young gentleman at the front desk along with the information that we are on our honeymoon and he took pity on these Colorado crazy ladies and upgraded our room to one with a jacuzzi tub. The jets felt wonderful. Now it is coming close to time to be sleeping so I will end this missive for tonight. Hope you all enjoy your star-gazing. Kathy's shots are amazing and beautiful.

As a famous Star traveler use to say "Live long and prosper."

Debi
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Anne Blake on August 31, 2018, 07:12:04 PMSteph, time to update the travel map, tonight we are in Saint John New Brunswick and tomorrow we will be visiting Bar Harbor and the Acadia national park in Maine

Done! Even one day ahead!

Debi and Tia Tracking Map

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Debi on August 31, 2018, 08:00:21 PM
Hello my star-gazing friends,
This is earth log, DAY 11 and we are now back to earth and enjoying a room at the Hampton Inn in Saint John, New Brunswick. This will be our last day/night in Canada. Tomorrow the "plan" is to cross into Maine and run down to the Acadia National Park.

Our ferry ride from Digby, Nova Scotia was enjoyable. Good weather, stable boat and a place to sit back with my feet up listening to some great music for two hours. I even took some great photos of the ferry and Tia and I can't prove any of it because when I got ready to down load I found my memory card in the computer and not my camera. This was always my greatest fear as a wedding photographer. Luckily when it really mattered, it didn't happen. So to those who need pics as proof here is one of the paperwork I picked up along the way today.

Everything seemed to go well today until we got off the ferry and promptly got lost. It took three different stops for directions before we found our hotel. So we told our woes to the nice young gentleman at the front desk along with the information that we are on our honeymoon and he took pity on these Colorado crazy ladies and upgraded our room to one with a jacuzzi tub. The jets felt wonderful. Now it is coming close to time to be sleeping so I will end this missive for tonight. Hope you all enjoy your star-gazing. Kathy's shots are amazing and beautiful.

As a famous Star traveler use to say "Live long and prosper."

Debi

That's ok Debi. Kathy and Wendy have proof of your visit to Nova Scotia. Sorry to hear the memory card was in the wrong place. I'm sure the ferry ride was a wonder experience. Wow! A jacuzzi tub! How relaxing. I trust it was a two person tub? Nothing better than a relaxing jacuzzi bath with your SO. Thanks for the updates you two love birds.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

HappyMoni

I'm jealous, I visited Acadia as a child. What a beautiful place. Oh, I'm jealous of the hot tub too.  ;D Stay safe.

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Anne Blake

Day 12 of these wild adventures

Deb and I traveled back to the states this morning and are currently lodging in Millbridge Maine after a quick visit to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor this afternoon (going back for more in the morning).

Crossing the border was very eventful with a clear and uncomfortable case of mis-gendering. Deb wrote of it in her diary so I will just put it into her words (paraphrased a bit by me because I can).

"Back in the USA! AWK! AWK! AWK! Border patrol surrounding the car with hands on their guns! I think that they are as surprised as we are. Next they politely ask us to park the car and come inside and sit on the hard stone bench (we both thought of the "group w bench scene from Alice's Restaurant"). An hour later they finally call us up to the counter and tell us that problem was Deb's very common name (Debi Smith) mixed with her birthdate. It seems there is a very bad MAN who also has a name that is close (reported to be Dean by the agent) and the same birthdate and they had to be sure Deb wasn't Dean! Tia Joked that they could have at least cuffed us so that we would have a story to tell our granddaughter and they said that it was touch and go as to us being dragged out of the car, thrown on the ground and cuffed. The cuffs would never have worked as they were just chrome steel and not the fuzzy pink ones that Michelle keeps recommending. After the cuff's were applied and us thrown in a holding cell, they would have checked my (Deb's) gender to be sure that we were safe enough to enter the country. I think that being a couple of old grandma types saved us, Tia thinks that it was her sweet countenance. Whatever the case they let us go and we got back on the road and we have a story to tell.

A couple of side notes: While I (Deb) was talking with the woman agent and Tia was locking up the car, the agent asked, because we have the same last name, if we were sisters and was pleasantly surprised when I said she was my wife and that we were on our honeymoon. The second comment was that Tia pulled what Stephanie would call a Tia thing as she slowed our exit from the station to stop and make small talk with a couple of the boarder patrol women agents (the same ones that were prepared to pull their guns on us an hour earlier). By the time we left, all four of us women were chatting and laughing together."

This may or may not have happened because we did not have the thought power to attempt photographs in the Homeland security office and it did not get to the point of mug shots.

Enough excitement for one day, more postings tomorrow.

Tia Anne
  •  

HappyMoni

Wow like an episode of cops! 'Bad girls, bad girls!'

]
  •  

KathyLauren

Holy crap!  It kind of reinforces my reluctance to cross the border.

It is so easy to mistake a Dean for a Debi that I suppose there was good reason for them to pull you over.  People get those names and genders mixed up all the time.  ::)
  •  

Laurie

That's terrible Debi and Tia! Oh not that you got pulled aside and investigated but that I don't even have as good a story to tell in my repertoire. We outside of being jealous I guess I am glad they let you two bad senoritas back into the country so Michelle and I will have a place to stay when you finally stop gallivanting around the country.

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Anne Blake

•  

Donica

Oh my God!! What? Did they think the movie "Thelma and Louise" was a real thing? Well, I guess they have their job to do  :police: Ya, I don't think breaking out the camera would have gone over very well. I'm glad you gangsta gals were able to escape ;D. Thanks for the update you jail b... oops! sorry! I mean you love birds ;D. Stay away from the borders :o.

Hugs,
Donica
  •  

HappyMoni

I have a vision of them showing up at my house draped in the Canadian flag with two Toronto Maple Leaf hockey players in the back seat, trunk full of bacon, and the Mounties hot on their tail. All I can think of to say is, "Welcome, Ay!"

]
  •  

Debi

Hello to all our adventure followers,
DAY 13 came and went without a post from me. I think I needed a break. I do want to tell you about a travel mistake that these two Colorado Crazy Ladies, who have traveled all over the world, made yesterday. Actually this mistake probably happened weeks ago. We did not look at a calendar and PLAN! One of the reasons for visiting this area was a desire to see Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, Maine. We pulled into Bar Harbor yesterday around noon. Then spent the next 45 minutes working our way back out of town. My pictures do not do it justice. People everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Cars only moving in one direction and once in the queue it was like being on a conveyer belt waiting for the Fates to hand you a parking spot or prod you to continue following the break lights ahead of you until finally Gargoyle (our GPS) took pity on us and led us back to sanity. We headed on to Bangor, Maine and our hotel. We did take a soak in the hot tub and Tia did some laps in the pool.

Our morning had started out so nice in the little village of Milbridge just an hour north of Bar Harbor. We had spent the night in what was an old 50s style motel which overlooked the community garden and inlet from the bay. Had breakfast at a locals resturant and a nice conversation with our waitress about kids and how fast they grow up, she was also the lady who had checked us in to our motel the night before. The motel and resturant were not connected. Small town and people do what they need to, to get by. While at the resturant we overheard a young transman talking to someone who was trying to counsel him. There are times that it hurts to know that you cannot help but it was not the situation to say anything. We did pray for them and the situation as we traveled away from Milbridge.

Here is the proof that yesterday happened.

Laurie, this is a road we were on in Canada and were wishing for a return to after our lack of planning on when we got to Bar Harbor.

Signing out for yesterday,
Debi
  •  

Donica

Beautiful pictures ladies! Looks like you both are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hey, it is an adventure, after all!  I am glad you are enjoying beautiful scenery and seeing a part of the country that you wanted to see.
  •