Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Why are men incapable of putting the toilet paper on the spindle?

Started by Julia1996, August 05, 2018, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4A-GZE

Quote from: MaryT on August 06, 2018, 01:24:57 PM
Cue for all of us to point at Carly and do the (1978) Invasion of the Body Snatchers scream.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

xD Well, now I'm thinking I may really be the only one!
  •  

Corax

I do that too. It's not that I am incapable of putting it on the spindle it's just that I a) couldn't care any less and b) think it is unnecessary to put it there. It's just bothersome and I can get the deed done even more conveniently without the role of toilet paper being on the spindle.
Only my mum always complains about stupid unimportant stuff like that when she drops by my appartment and I tell her it's my bathroom and I am not obligated to and if she wants to put it there she can feel free to do it as I don't care and am not the one bothered by it hence it's her problem not mine. Just as the guys in your family don't have a problem with it, only you have, so why would they put it on the spindle because you want it to be there when they apparently don't care?   

I'm also really glad that I am gay and won't have to deal with a woman in the future as probably the majority of them are way too stressful and dramatic and bitch about the smallest, unnecessary things like that too often that I don't even blink an eye about and that gets extremely annoying over time.
  •  

MaryT

Quote from: Corax on August 06, 2018, 02:39:17 PM
I do that too. It's not that I am incapable of putting it on the spindle it's just that I a) couldn't care any less and b) think it is unnecessary to put it there. It's just bothersome and I can get the deed done even more conveniently without the role of toilet paper being on the spindle.
Only my mum always complains about stupid unimportant stuff like that when she drops by my appartment and I tell her it's my bathroom and I am not obligated to and if she wants to put it there she can feel free to do it as I don't care and am not the one bothered by it hence it's her problem not mine. Just as the guys in your family don't have a problem with it, only you have, so why would they put it on the spindle because you want it to be there when they apparently don't care?   

I'm also really glad that I am gay and won't have to deal with a woman in the future as probably the majority of them are way too stressful and dramatic and bitch about the smallest, unnecessary things like that too often that I don't even blink an eye about and that gets extremely annoying over time.

That's a healthily male attitude.  I'm not sure that having a gay male partner will necessarily shield you from melodrama, though.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think most men can put the paper on the spindles.
They just choose not too very often!  :)

Seems like they need to complete the job....  and the job is not finished until the paperwork is done.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sephirah

Get one (or twelve) of these, and hang in the bathroom, in a prominent place:

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes people seem to try to carefully balance an additional item on the top of the trash bin, instead of taking the full bag out and putting an empty new kitchen trash bag in the bin.

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: Julia1996 on August 06, 2018, 07:39:53 AM
Ewww. I would never keep a plunger in the bathroom.  Ours stays out in the garage where it belongs. I keep the toilet paper in the cabinets under the sink. The downstairs bathroom has a pedestal type sink so if you run out in that bathroom you have to yell for someone to bring you some or you have to walk out to the garage with a dirty butt. Lol

We keep a plunger and toilet brush behind the toilet, to be sure to keep the toilet clean and working. I have the toilet paper holder attached to the wall directly in front of the toilet. Since I have replaced the walls, it actually looks very nice in the bathroom. Everything needed where one might expect to find it. With no vanity, I put a small plastic storage bin between the sink pedestal and the toilet for the TP.
The only person that will never use that bathroom is my mother, ever since I asked her to please wipe the seat when she gets done. OMG! She threw a fit! She thought it was MY JOB to wipe the seat down after she used it. Now, she uses the toilet in HER bathroom, and the seat is never left nasty. SMH!
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 06, 2018, 05:43:37 PM
Sometimes people seem to try to carefully balance an additional item on the top of the trash bin, instead of taking the full bag out and putting an empty new kitchen trash bag in the bin.

My brother is famous for that! He will place an item on top of the the already full trash can with the skill of an explosives  expert to keep from having to take the trash out.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Kylo

I've a counter-position on this one.

Putting the roll on the spindle when it's new is the worst possible thing you can do - you'll end up trying to tear the first piece off with one hand, then failing miserably, then trying two, then tearing off several layers instead of one in pieces, and eventually end up swearing, crying and assaulting the roll. Better to keep it in hand. It takes a lot of concentration and brain power to get the first sheet off successfully, and then there's the wiping, and after that not much brain RAM left for putting it on the spindle.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Kylo on August 06, 2018, 06:36:55 PM

Putting the roll on the spindle when it's new is the worst possible thing you can do - you'll end up trying to tear the first piece off with one hand, then failing miserably, then trying two, then tearing off several layers instead of one in pieces, and eventually end up swearing, crying and assaulting the roll. Better to keep it in hand. It takes a lot of concentration and brain power to get the first sheet off successfully, and then there's the wiping, and after that not much brain RAM left for putting it on the spindle.

Lol. 😂
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Lisa

Quote from: Corax on August 06, 2018, 02:39:17 PM

Now there's a male attitude if I've ever heard one!   Just keep in mind that no matter who you date, they're likely to care about some things that you find frivolous and vice versa.

Quote from: Kylo on August 06, 2018, 06:36:55 PM

And the funniest post award goes to Kylo!  I almost hate to ruin the mood with a practical answer, but I guess I will.  I totally understand the frustration of trying to get sheets off a fresh roll, but the solution is to always take the first few sheets off at the same time you put a new roll on; that way nobody has to fight with it.  In my experience, public restrooms seem especially bad about that one  :(
  •  

Maid Marion

I carefully release or separate the first sheet from the roll, then place the roll on the spindle
  •  

BrianaJ

Hmmmm...how about a practical reason for doing so; for females anyway.  While you can't catch VD from a toilet seat, it is possible to get a yeast infection from TP that's been handled by many and left on the counter etc.  Slim chance but it does happen.   
~~Be kind~~
  •  

SarahM777

Welll.... As long as one does NOT have diabolical four legged fur balls that have figured out how to unroll an entire mega roll of TP in EITHER direction in which then their human slave is then left to figure out what to do with this rather large pile of unrolled TP which then is much harder to use as one MUST first find the end of the roll in this pile of unrolled TP. Which that in and of itself is an adventure. (And then do you try to reroll it or just leave it in the pile????) :P

Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Devlyn

Half man, half woman here. I put the new roll on, and always do the triangle fold on the end when I'm finished.
  •  

ainsley

Our house is only girls and not replacing the roll is a regular thing. 

It has gotten to be a battle to see if I can pee and use just the very last of the TP and not even get a new role out.  >:-)  I know if I am successful when I here Ainsley followed by my middle name hollered from the bathroom.  It's the little things in life that make me happy, you know?
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Mary1

Quote from: TonyaW on August 06, 2018, 06:54:39 AM
So true about the cat.  Not my preferred way but it beats picking the shreds off the floor. 

I've always been the only one that seems to be able to figure out how to put a new roll on the spindle, so for a long time it was the "male" in the house that always did it, wife and daughters not. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
What?

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

•  

MeTony

Never thought about this. I put the roll on the floor before the other roll is empty. Next one to use it replaces the roll in the holder.

Sometimes I just keep the roll on the floor. I don't think about replacing the old one. I am thinking about other random stuff.

My husband puts the roll in the holder though. He swears a bit about noone doing it but him.

I guess I have too many thoughts in my head to remember stuff like that.

Tony
  •  

Tara P

Quote from: Sephirah on August 06, 2018, 04:47:50 PM
Get one (or twelve) of these, and hang in the bathroom, in a prominent place:

:laugh: That's really funny!  Yet I'm still not sure it would get through to some people :P  It really does seem like such a small effort to me that I just really don't get it.  I can kind of understand not wanting to clean toilets since there is a "gross" factor and it's more effort, but even that has to get done SOMEHOW!  And do you really want to be using a gross toilet?
  •  

ChrissyRyan

They are typically capable, but just lazy or unthoughtful.

Chrissy
  •