Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The call me mom or dad train of thoughts

Started by Shambles, August 28, 2018, 02:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Thank you all for the input, its helped. Can see things are getting a bit heated in the middle there so lets just leave things at that.

Thanks again )))
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Lucca

Well, not having kids myself, I'd say if someone transitioned after the kids were born and the kids were already used to a particular name or pronouns, it's fair to gently ask the kids to address you in a certain way, but they shouldn't be required to. If someone transitioned before they had kids, then they can raise their kids to address them however they want.
  •  

josie76

Hey Shambles,
I have two daughters age 7 and 9. They just call me Josie. Sometimes my youngest calls me mamma Josie.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

emma-f

Hi

I have a 5 y/o daughter and she calls me Emmy. It works for her and I've told her that only she is allowed to call me that, its her own special word. She loves it. To me her mother and only her mother is mummy, but on occasion she'll call me mummy Emmy. I'm not going to stop her as her being supported is absolutely number 1.

I am glad that she calls me Emmy because I think I'd struggle with her calling me daddy in public. Its my all time favourite job, but I dont want embarrassment for her as much as me. However, if she insisted on her calling me it, no way would I stop her.

Em x
  •  

hiddengirlsheila

Quote from: Shambles on August 29, 2018, 08:23:51 AM
Thank you all for the input, its helped. Can see things are getting a bit heated in the middle there so lets just leave things at that.

Thanks again )))

Sorry about that. :-\ :(
I'm my girly self awaiting the day i look like the girl i am through transitioning physically male-to-female in order to becoming more of what is kept inside me so that i feel complete and experience life truly as who i am so that i don't have any regrets.
  •  

Gertrude

The truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •