Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Addicted to a particular show?

Started by SallyChoasAura, August 12, 2018, 07:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyChoasAura

So do you guys ever have a thing where you just got into watching a cartoon or some other type of show and suddenly, you're just absolutely addicted to it? Like recently I just started watching South Park (and yes I know that's not something a 15 year old should be watching but I do it anyway, fite me) and all of a sudden- I'm knee deep in fandom trash. This happens to me all the time whenever I get into watch a show or playing a video game, so I am kinda curious if this happens to anyone else...
  •  

MichelleF82

No hate for SP, under all the fart jokes, they tend to talk about things that, as a society,  we should really talk about, sometimes,  lol. 
  Welcome to the world of binge watching. So many bingeable shows out there. Firefly (rather short), Buffy/Angel, IT Crowd, Futurama, Bones; some good animes like Trigun or Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood) to name a few of my faves from over the years. Of course, depends on the person.
Just beware it doesn't consume you :D :D
  •  

SallyChoasAura

My friend. It is safe to say. That... I am literally fandom trash.🤪
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Anyone else who is trapped in a fandom?
  •  

Dani

OK, I will admit to being a devoted watcher of "A Place to Call Home" on PBS.

It takes place in Australia in the 1950's when homosexuality was against the law and treated with electroshock therapy. The story lines also talk about hatred and bigotry, since a few characters were brutalized by the Nazi and Japanese in WW II.
  •  

sarah1972

Like... "Insatiable" on Netflix right now? Or OITNB before that? Or Dawson's Creek earlier this year? Oh, there was some Nashville in between and a whole season of Madam Secretary.

Thanks for Netflix and the ability to binge watch  ;D

So, yes. It happens. Usually ends in one or two sleepless nights.

•  

SallyChoasAura

I normally have sleepless nights when I drink too much coke or am on the internet for too long. 😆
Which reminds me... goodnight, I'm going to sleep...😴
  •  

DawnOday

I love, love, love The Handmaids Tale. I also spend a lot of time watching Suits and saying "Why can't I look like Donna"
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

sarah1972

Quote from: DawnOday on August 15, 2018, 12:53:59 AM
I love, love, love The Handmaids Tale. I also spend a lot of time watching Suits and saying "Why can't I look like Donna"
My preference was always Rachel... I did go on dedicated clothing hunts to Mimik her outfits. Nothing better than a pencil skirt...

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

BlueJaye

I really liked season 1 of the Apple TV series Severance. I'm looking forward to season 2, whenever that happens to come. No release date has been announced yet.
  •  

big kim

Sons of Anarchy,Mayans MC, Waking the Dead are shows I still watch. I loved the scenes in Sons of Anarchy with Tig, the meanest, toughest member of the club & his trans girlfriend, especially when he realises she loves him despite the many terrible things he's done
  •  

imallie

Starting the day after Christmas I begin probably my 10th complete rewatch of the seven seasons of the West Wing. Finished two nights ago, and started my fourth complete rewatch of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

I've also done countless complete series rewatches of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Breaking Bad, M*A*S*H, Community... and a few others.

So, no... I'm not sure to what this topic refers. 😂
  •  

Jenn104

I won't say addicted and am a little bemused on this one. I watched it with my ex-to-be or struggled through it mostly keeping her company reading while she watched.

Bridgerton.

Kind of liking it lately. I am on season 2.

"I want to be remembered as a woman ... who dared to be a catalyst of change."
                 - Shirley Chisolm

•  

ChrissyRyan

Have you seen the Mr. Bates vs. the Post Office on ITV in the UK?
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •