Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EllenW

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 26, 2024, 01:34:36 PMMy orchiectomy is on February 23 and I am excited.  I'm all set with the insurance and I scheduled time off from work.  Other than my wife and you all, I am not telling anyone because it is none of their business. ;D

Emma,
Wishing you the best on your surgery.

And you are correct, it is none of their business. I only told a handful of close friends that were going to provide support during recovery. My coworkers only knew I was going to be out for a while to recover from surgery. Since

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 26, 2024, 01:34:36 PMMy orchiectomy is on February 23 and I am excited.  I'm all set with the insurance and I scheduled time off from work.  Other than my wife and you all, I am not telling anyone because it is none of their business. ;D

I guess my excitement for the surgery proves to me that I am transgender...as if I really needed any.

It is indeed no one else's business! I know you'll be happy to have one less thing to worry about, well, two things. It also opens up a few more clothing options, and crossing your legs will be much more comfortable. I hope everything goes well.

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Emma1017

Thank you Davina, Ellen and Jessica.  Fingers crossed!!!
  •  

Brooke Renee

Hi Emma and a huge congrats on your upcoming surgery!!!  This has to be an exquisite moment of affirmation for you!  I am so happy for you!!! 

Warmly,

Brooke
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Brooke.  Here among you all is the only place where people appreciate how important that surgery is. 

•  

Brooke Renee

Quote from: Emma1017 on January 28, 2024, 11:03:28 AMHere among you all is the only place where people appreciate how important that surgery is. 

So true girl!  Our desire to cast away the trappings of CIS male privilege like yesterday's taco wrappers is uniquely trans.  While 98% of men are running in fear, we are inquiring about a group rate. 
  •  

REM.1126

I hope it does well and you are happy with the results. 
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Rachel.  Maybe I can play soccer again and not worry :D .
  •  

REM.1126

I hope so.  But at our age, you might consider not playing.  I tore my ACL thinking I was still young. 

But, more generally, I hope that it is as emotionally satisfying as ...I would imagine.
  •  

Emma1017

Thanks Rachel.  It is truly meaningful to me.

Being transgender is truly a unique human experience.
  •  

Emma1017

Today I had to wear a suit and tie to work.  It was for a client's memorial.  It was an honor to do it because we had worked together for 30 years and he was an incredible human being but the suit felt so strange.  COVID changed the work rules and five years on HRT have changed me.  I wear a dress shirt and slacks to work now but the suit felt so much more alien.  It felt like a costume.  I hated wearing it.  It was not me.

I think, like so many of us who have to pass as male every day for so many different reasons, the sense of who I am is hidden in the shadows of who I have to be.  I have chosen this path and I am not complaining, we all have had tough decisions to make, but the suit and tie today drove home the point that I am never going backward again. 

I may have compromised but I have not surrendered.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Kay226

EllenW

Emma,

I know how you feel. Before I was able to transition each time, I had to see a customer or go into the corporate office I felt like an imposter.

I am happy t hear that you have not surrendered.

Lots of hugs

Ellen
2018 - Full Time
2019 - Legal Name and Gender Change
2021 - MDV GCS with Dr. Ng (UCLA)
2021 - BA
2023 - PPT Vaginoplasty with Dr, Gupta
  •  

REM.1126

I empathize with you.  It's one of those things you sort of have to have GD to understand, and if you do have it, you get it. 
  •  

davina61

I had to wear a suit to my first grandchild's christening under orders from the now ex, last time I did as it and all my old gear went to the charity shop. Wore a posh frock to the next ones no problem!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Gina P

I still have my suit hanging in the closet but it and all my male cloths are to be donated soon. I feel for you having to keep switching identities. I had a court appearance 6 months ago and went male(ok endogenous) and felt so uncomfortable. I will never do that again.
Gina
  •  

Emma1017

We all have our "male clothes" stories.  It's amazing how similar the stories are.  I agree, Rachel, if you have gender dysphoria, you understand.

Separately, this was announced yesterday: 

"Will & Harper," a heartfelt and heartbreaking documentary about Will Ferrell's cross-country road trip with his best friend Harper Steele, who recently came out as transgender, sold to Netflix after its Sundance Film Festival debut."

I am looking forward to seeing it!

•  

Brooke Renee

Hi Emma,

Glad you made it through the suit situation.  Like you and the other ladies have said, if you suffer from GD you understand just how triggering these things are. If I have to wear a pair of wingtips one more time I am going to blow an O-ring! 

Thanks for the heads up on the movie, I look forward to watching!

Warmly,

Brooke
  •  

Emma1017

Brooke, I absolutely agree.  Men's clothes, particularly suits, are so triggering!!!  I am looking forward to that movie as well!

I changed my avatar photo because it always makes me laugh.  My friend wanted to take my picture and she was trying to get me to pose.  She kept yelling "Open up your eyes more". I tried and she captured my frustration in that moment.  Definitely not the "Emma" smile that my therapist always notices when I am me...maybe this photo is more realistic... ;D

•  

Brooke Renee

Quote from: Emma1017 on February 04, 2024, 09:47:54 AMBrooke, I absolutely agree.  Men's clothes, particularly suits, are so triggering!!!  I am looking forward to that movie as well!

I changed my avatar photo because it always makes me laugh.  My friend wanted to take my picture and she was trying to get me to pose.  She kept yelling "Open up your eyes more". I tried and she captured my frustration in that moment.  Definitely not the "Emma" smile that my therapist always notices when I am me...maybe this photo is more realistic... ;D

Love the photo Emma!  Very cute, very fun! 

Hugs,

Brooke
  •  

Emma1017

Brooke it is definitely me.  The other photos touch my soul.  This one touches my reality.  She was driving me crazy!!!!

•