Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Without the use of Google, I'll say drunk yokels in bib overalls?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

KatieP

Quote from: TonyaW on April 20, 2019, 02:12:19 PM
Without the use of Google, I'll say drunk yokels in bib overalls?

Two countries separated by a common language...

;D

Kate
  •  

Emma1017

My British friends say I speak English as a second language.
  •  

Emma1017

Thank you Tessa for the kind words.  Unfortunately I now know the answer to which hurts worse, laser or electrolysis OUCH!

Moni I reserve the right to not share a photo of the outfit on Tuesday.  I have a feeling that Donna is going to bully me again...in a very firm, nice way.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Haute Couture in Darwin.

This is what Yobbos look like.

Quote from: Emma1017 on April 20, 2019, 11:01:19 AM
Kim great song, thanks!

Kirsten I am so jealous that you get to dress at home.  It's still impossible for me at this time but Emma is going shopping with Donna on Tuesday pick out an outfit for my trip to the hairdressers later this month!

Moni, margaritas on Kim's lawn??? ;D

Does that mean you get to be Emma in public ? Time in public is my goal!

Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on April 20, 2019, 06:19:11 PM

Haute Couture in Darwin.

Kirsten.
I was originally going to say hillbillies or trailer trash but I thought yokel would be  kinder in case I was wrong. 

•  

Rachel

I am late to the thread, sorry.

Expressing in public is scary, over time it gets easier and then something happens and it becomes enjoyable and then transparent. It becomes part of who we are.

Kirstene, I do not know much about the land down under, nor Darwin. I have no idea what a Yobbos means in Darwin. It the USA it is a reference to woman's boobies.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Rachel on April 20, 2019, 07:23:18 PM
I am late to the thread, sorry.

Expressing in public is scary, over time it gets easier and then something happens and it becomes enjoyable and then transparent. It becomes part of who we are.

Kirstene, I do not know much about the land down under, nor Darwin. I have no idea what a Yobbos means in Darwin. It the USA it is a reference to woman's boobies.

More Yobbos and womans boobies in a blue singlet. A blue singlet can be worn as a substitute for a cocktail dress.(LoL)

Your friendly local Yobbette, Kirsten.
As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on April 20, 2019, 06:19:11 PM

Haute Couture in Darwin.

Kirsten.
Wow, Kirsten, I think I'm sorry I asked. I'm hoping these aren't relatives. They look like Mr. and Mrs. Joe Dirt. (American movie with David Spade)The pregnant woman with the cigarette in hand, nice touch!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 20, 2019, 08:15:36 PM
Wow, Kirsten, I think I'm sorry I asked. I'm hoping these aren't relatives. They look like Mr. and Mrs. Joe Dirt. (American movie with David Spade)The pregnant woman with the cigarette in hand, nice touch!

Ha - love it Moni! No they are not relatives(lol)- I can only dream of having relatives that sophisticated! Come to think of it -that is a close likeness to Joe Dirt.
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on April 20, 2019, 08:22:53 PM

Ha - love it Moni! No they are not relatives(lol)- I can only dream of having relatives that sophisticated! Come to think of it -that is a close likeness to Joe Dirt.
She looks like Heather Locklear, Kirsten.

Emma only pictures if the spirit moves ya. I really want a yaboo picture of you anyway. Heehee
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

KimOct

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 20, 2019, 08:15:36 PM
[/quote

Joe Dirt !!!  Hahahahaha
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

KimOct

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 20, 2019, 12:16:16 PM
Dr. Kim is that Miley Cyrus, Mary Jane Grace, and Joan Jett?

Emma, yes margaritas on Kim's lawn, otherwise known as Woodstock III. We can invite all the beautiful gender affirming people and some we need to convince. Look forward to hearing about Tuesday. Too much to ask for a picture of the outfit?

Hi Tessa, how are you Hon! Emma is our fearless leader. She does seem to have a lot of rowdy friends. I only stay because I'm a calming influence. lol

Yes it is  Miley Cyrus, Mary Jane Grace, and Joan Jett  with the exception that it is Laura Jane Grace not Mary.
She is a transwoman that is the lead singer for a group called "Against Me'  and possibly my favorite trans spokesperson.

I never was a big Miley fan before but after seeing this a couple of years ago I started to appreciate her voice and even more so her social positions.  She fights for the underdog. 

That song to me is so cool for what it says, it is a fun sounding song, and the support of Miley and Joan Jett.

It's fun and it chokes me up at the same time.  I am glad you enjoyed it.

This thread is an important part of the journey in Emma's life and for many following it but keeping it fun sometimes is good for it's longevity.

Edit for any hardcore music fans.  This song is a cover of the song done originally by the Replacements.  I like this version better.  Thought I would mention it before someone else did. ;)
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Just enjoyed a listen as well, Kim. Great sound, great vibe. Loved Joan Jett 30 years ago! Love her now!

Kirsten.
  •  

Emma1017

This used to be a very serious thread about my tortured life.  Now it's all about music, yaboos and Joe Dirt...thank God!!!!! >:

Speaking of yaboos, no Moni I will not do a photo of my junior yaboos.  That will have to wait until I start pole dancing....as if

Kirsten this will be my third time out as Emma. I agree, as Emma I feel tremendous joy.
  •  

KimOct

Yep the thread is evolving and yes I know you were joking/relieved at the topic shift.  As is the same with being trans in relation to life in general not everything is about being trans.  Page after page of the same turmoil would get tiresome even for those of us that are your most ardent supporters.

I do hope you will continue your wonderful authenticity because IMHO it is helpful to you and those following in YOUR footsteps. Your joys, worries, triumphs, concerns, happiness and pain.  It is all you and all part of this.

And yes Emma, you are far enough in this journey that others are now following in YOUR footsteps.  :)
  •  

Emma1017

This is more like starting sophomore year in high school.  What you don't know makes you dangerous.

I saw this quote in an article and I thought it was great. A trans woman, Paula Stone Williams, who recently gave a TEDx presentation. She made a passing comment, which resonated with me. She said, "I didn't hate being a boy, I just knew I wasn't one."
  •  

KimOct

Yeah I saw that TED talk.  It was good.  My best friend a cis guy sent me the link.  I recommend it.

The sophomore year analogy is a good one.  I agree.

Got to go work a short shift dealing poker.  Degenerate gamblers.  :D  Even if I didn't have family I would go to a movie or take a walk.  Sitting playing poker on Easter sunday afternoon.  Yuck.  At least it's a short shift.

Have a good day everybody.
  •  

Anne Blake

Interesting to hear mention of Paula Stone Williams. She is a friend of mine and a pastor at our church. If you have interest in hearing more of her messages you can check out Left Hand Church in Longmont Colorado. Their website is lefthandchurch.org. Paula and the rest of the pastors at our church present a progressive message that accepts and includes all lgbtq+ folks without judgement. I am not preaching or evangelizing, just letting you know more about an interesting member of our community.

I apologize if this offends anyone.

Tia Anne
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Emma1017 on April 21, 2019, 09:47:25 AM
  "I didn't hate being a boy, I just knew I wasn't one."

Was trying to explain (unsuccessfully) how that works to my wife this morning.

We were watching Major League (which was filmed in Milwaukee where we lived at the time) and she asked me about hating the male bonding locker room stuff and would I  have rather been wearing heels on a fashion runway. My answer was I wanted to do both.

It's not everyone,  but applies to a lot of us late transitioners and for me part of the reason I took so long to figure out what was really going on.

And speaking of Joan Jett, we have tickets  to see her on July 11.

•