Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Which hurts less

Started by Emma1017, August 24, 2018, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma1017

O&C, HRT definitely changed me, physically and emotionally.  My wife supports me and, not happy, accepts me.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

Oldandcreaky

My question was whether she's ever been near when someone addressed you as female, and if so, did she react? I ask because the people who've only seen daily, ever-so-slight, incremental change often miss the accumulative, big change.

Back when I was still presenting as male, I attended a workshop with a colleague. Other than her, everyone was else was seeing me for the first time and saw me as female, even though I was presenting as male.

Off to the side, "They see me as female."

"Nah," she replied.

"Just listen," I said.

So, she did, and she heard "she" and "her."

She was astonished. She couldn't see it, i.e. the change in me, but she heard the change in others and understood that they saw it.

I'm wondering if your wife has had a similar experience, because when my colleague did, to the best of her ability, she looked at me anew.

Emma1017

She has and she quietly observes.  After all this time she accepts what I am but she still wants it kept private.  No one has been directly confrontational so it still is deniable.  I haven't gone away and she hasn't asked me to go away. 

We still take joy in each other's company. 

Oldandcreaky

Thanks for answering, Emma. It sounds like you've set a comforting course.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Emma1017 on April 23, 2024, 06:45:49 PMShe has and she quietly observes.  After all this time she accepts what I am but she still wants it kept private.  No one has been directly confrontational so it still is deniable.  I haven't gone away and she hasn't asked me to go away. 

We still take joy in each other's company. 

I am glad your relationship is steadfast.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Oldandcreaky

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on April 23, 2024, 07:59:27 PMI am glad your relationship is steadfast.

Chrissy

I'll tell you what's steadfast: Miss ChrissyRyan!
  •  

Emma1017

I agree O&C, Chrissy is steadfast and always has your back!

The one giveaway for my wife regarding my gender is the size of my breasts.  I do a good job disguising but at home, there is no hiding them.  :D
  •