Main Menu

DO YOU WEAR A WIG

Started by helenmarie, August 26, 2018, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaslineUK

Quote from: MichelleF82 on August 26, 2018, 11:14:32 AM
I killed my first wig by combing standard leave in conditioner into it

Well there's two of us at least  ;D

But I do love wigs as it means I can change my look. I don't wear a wig cap, although have some. As I have short(ish) hair and only wear long hair wigs I can tuck my hair in quite easily so it doesn't show. They do slip a little bit sometimes, so need a quick adjustment, not that anyone would notice.

When I was fist looking at wigs I managed to find a website which allowed you to load a photo and then try on some wigs. That was a few years ago so not sure what the site was, but did help me decide.

As I am now about to come out of the closet I'm thinking about getting some human hair wigs. I think they will look more natural and I also want the feel of real hair. I believe they can be combed/brushed so makes them more manageable. They are just quite expensive and I don't think they last too long.
  •  

debrahelen

I always use a net to keep the hair in place and then the wig fits easily over and stays in place, even in windy conditions.  I mostly wear shorter styles these days.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

When I see a woman with gorgeous hair that I cannot have my hair styled to look alike, sometimes I wish I had a wig that matched her hair.

Plus, I often wished for a face and figure that was just as terrific too!

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenny1969

Hello
Yes I have to wear a wid because I have absoultly no hair.  I curently have 2 wigs and one on order. The first one, the one in my profile picture was kinda expensive at $450 but it is well made and worth the money.   My second wig is a halo type wig that is long and straight that I wear with a hat.  The one I have on order is a long and curly one. These options give me a range of looks that I can obtain for different purposes.  I have a standing appointmet at a local wig salon where the lady helps keep them all in great shape.  It takes about a week of wearig a new wig to train it to do what you want it to do.

Best of luck to you

Jenny :)

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 01, 2019, 10:19:40 AM
Hello
Yes I have to wear a wid because I have absoultly no hair.  I curently have 2 wigs and one on order. The first one, the one in my profile picture was kinda expensive at $450 but it is well made and worth the money.   My second wig is a halo type wig that is long and straight that I wear with a hat.  The one I have on order is a long and curly one. These options give me a range of looks that I can obtain for different purposes.  I have a standing appointmet at a local wig salon where the lady helps keep them all in great shape.  It takes about a week of wearig a new wig to train it to do what you want it to do.

Best of luck to you

Have you seen those wigs with a baseball style cap?  The hair is built in, some with ponytails.
Not sure of the quality, you likely get what you pay for.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jenny1969

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 01, 2019, 10:39:14 AM

Have you seen those wigs with a baseball style cap?  The hair is built in, some with ponytails.
Not sure of the quality, you likely get what you pay for.

Chrissy

Yes I was looking at those but That would limit me to wearing ONLY that one cap......The halo wig I got allows me to wear different hats and change it up.    It works out well for me.

20 November 2018 Got off the fence. 3 December 2018 Initial consult and GD diagnoasis. 28 December 2018 started HRT. 14 Feb 2019 Started Spiro

•  

Lyric

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 01, 2019, 10:19:40 AM
My second wig is a halo type wig that is long and straight that I wear with a hat...

Yes, I think the "halo" type pieces are the best type of removable extension. They're actually made for sit under your top hair and can be worn without any sort of clip or attachment. One should work fine with a hat as long as the bottom edge of the hat is below the halo loop. They do make hairpieces especially for use with wigs. Milano even makes a line of pieces and hats that velcro together.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I always wanted to steal a wig before I came out to see my hair long from a local shopping centre. I never gathered the courage too.
I always thought they would be uncomfortable mind?

Now I used to used extensions a year ago. But left them in Switzerland when I came back to Ireland.
My hair is now down to my bra band. All natural. My goal is my waist.
Has nobody had the miracle regrowth of hair through HRT?
And is it a thing to loose hair even on HRT??

I have a lot of baby hairs that grew into the two corners of my frontal hairline. They keep getting longer and thicker.
They are super cute and feminise my hairline so much. :'3

Tempted to try a blond wig to see would it suit me!

•  

Jenny1969

Ill try the halo under my wig and see how that looks

Thanks

•  

Linde

I never had the problem with hair loss, but I have short hair, and that stuff grows ever so slow!
My avatar picture shows me with a wig, but I hate wigs.  I just go without one for most of the time, and try to make the hair look feminin.  I think my hair will be long enough in the middle of January that a hairdresser can make me a real feminin looking hairdo.  Most older women I see and know, have rather short hair.  I would not mind to let mine grow down to shoulder length (similar to the wig).

And that always looked for hourglass figure.  i was out in a larger crowd last night, with people from all over the country yes, the snowbirds have arrived).  I hardly could see anybody with this hourglass figure.  Almost all people who looked to be genetically based from northern Europe had their hips as wide as their shoulder (similar to me), and their wastes were also not that narrow.  The only people with real hourglass figures I could see, were younger Latino females.

I just wonder how this ieal of the hourglass figure came into being the standard?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

debrahelen

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 01, 2019, 10:01:43 AM
When I see a woman with gorgeous hair that I cannot have my hair styled to look alike, sometimes I wish I had a wig that matched her hair.

Plus, I often wished for a face and figure that was just as terrific too!

Chrissy

That's the cool thing about wigs - if you can find good quality ones you can change your hair to suit your style.  I have two darker blond ones and a light brown one, which really suit my facial structure.  Going to a specialized wig shop/fitter can sometimes pay dividends.
  •  

Allison S

Long hair is definitely feminizing so I've bought many wigs over the past 2 years. I didn't start growing my hair out from a buzz cut since a little over a year ago. I'm sort of in a weird stage where I'm still not satisfied with the length of my hair but it's long enough that it makes me feel like I need to abandon wigs. I hope another year and this weird middle place I'm in will be over.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Linde

Quote from: Allison S on January 02, 2019, 07:49:56 AM
Long hair is definitely feminizing so I've bought many wigs over the past 2 years. I didn't start growing my hair out from a buzz cut since a little over a year ago. I'm sort of in a weird stage where I'm still not satisfied with the length of my hair but it's long enough that it makes me feel like I need to abandon wigs. I hope another year and this weird middle place I'm in will be over.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
If you look around in Europe (at least the northern continental part), you will see many women with rather short hair, young ones or older ones.  My wife always called them the European efficiency do's!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

ramilove

Given my thinning gray hair, a good quality wig which matches my facial structure and skin tone is a definite.
  •  

Julie -2010

Yes I wear a wig.  I am growing my hair out but it is still super short.  Maybe once my hair is long enough I will not use a wig, but I kind of like the different looks. 

Go into a wig shop.  They are use to transgender/CD.  Most really help you get the correct one for your look. (Size, color)  Hair can really make a difference in how you look. 

I have a wig band.  It is a head band but made to hold a wig.  Putting a wig over it and it stops it from getting pulled off easily.  much better than a cap.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Wendi

I wear a wig. I don't wear a hairnet though. I just put it over my natural hair.

Mine were purchased from a wig shop. The owner had me try on some wigs for sizing and then we tried different colors, lengths, styles, etc.

It really makes a huge difference on me. I wouldn't be the same without them. I rarely wear them at home mostly just when I go out. They complete the look.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Jenny1969

I love my new wigs.....I will try and post a picture today.   One of them is in my profile picture.

•  

Wendi

Quote from: Jenny1969 on January 18, 2019, 09:59:56 AM
I love my new wigs.....I will try and post a picture today.   One of them is in my profile picture.

That's a nice looking wig and it looks like it fits you perfectly.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

JaslineUK

Ordered my first real hair wig yesterday and quite excited as I think it will be more manageable than the synthetic ones. Just going to take a while for it to be made.
  •  

debrahelen

Quote from: JaslineUK on January 19, 2019, 03:48:54 AM
Ordered my first real hair wig yesterday and quite excited as I think it will be more manageable than the synthetic ones. Just going to take a while for it to be made.

Let us know how you like it and how it wears differently from synthetic hair.
Deb
  •