News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

6 months post-op, difficulty dilatng

Started by Sonoshee, August 06, 2018, 01:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: sushi776 on August 30, 2018, 01:38:19 PM
>and folks, I need help please - is there an efficient way to remove any pubic hair that's at the apex of the vagina? because my local gynaecologist at the hospital seems not to dare to do it for liability reasons.

I am surprised the surgeon that performed your GCS didn't use a speculum for a followup exam and relied on just a long q-tip, and then asserted there is no hair inside.  My understanding is a small amount of hair can cause a problem, all hair sheds at some point as part of the growth cycle.  I can't imagine any amount of hair would block a dilator but it may have triggered some other complication. 

Douching shouldn't be over-done but I'd be trying that in case it's possible to rinse anything out.  With my GCS I was provided a gizmo with a long rubber tube and a soft end for the spray. 

If your local clinic is not willing or able to permanently remove hair, they should be able to at least document what's inside with a camera designed for this type of exam.  (And a quick reminder don't post that sort of photo, it's just for your own medical records).  Based on your description it's possible you have granulation which is fairly common during the GCS healing process - depends how your particular body heals and responds to this type of surgery.  Your gynecologist will know much more than I do on this, and they should be able to help fix the granulation.

Once you're certain hair has grown and needs to be permanently removed for health reasons, I don't know anyone who does that but try contacting Electrology 3000 in Dallas Texas.  They specialize in transgender electrolysis and have physicians in their office licensed to apply dental block-type anaesthetic. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

sushi776

•  

sushi776

Quote from: Kendra on August 30, 2018, 02:13:33 PM
I am surprised the surgeon that performed your GCS didn't use a speculum for a followup exam and relied on just a long q-tip, and then asserted there is no hair inside.  My understanding is a small amount of hair can cause a problem, all hair sheds at some point as part of the growth cycle.  I can't imagine any amount of hair would block a dilator but it may have triggered some other complication. 

Douching shouldn't be over-done but I'd be trying that in case it's possible to rinse anything out.  With my GCS I was provided a gizmo with a long rubber tube and a soft end for the spray. 

If your local clinic is not willing or able to permanently remove hair, they should be able to at least document what's inside with a camera designed for this type of exam.  (And a quick reminder don't post that sort of photo, it's just for your own medical records).  Based on your description it's possible you have granulation which is fairly common during the GCS healing process - depends how your particular body heals and responds to this type of surgery.  Your gynecologist will know much more than I do on this, and they should be able to help fix the granulation.

Once you're certain hair has grown and needs to be permanently removed for health reasons, I don't know anyone who does that but try contacting Electrology 3000 in Dallas Texas.  They specialize in transgender electrolysis and have physicians in their office licensed to apply dental block-type anaesthetic.

It wasn't just a clinic. It was the gynae at the government hospital. And it wasn't permanent hair removal that the gynae refused to do for me. That one is a definite "no". As in, they will definitely not do that. What they didn't even dare to do was.. They did not even dare to remove the strands even with a tweezer or anything of that sort. They were afraid doing that might result in more infection, if the hair is not a loose strand but rather attached to a follicle.

The recommendation is in the US isn't it? It's going to cost a lot for me to fly over. I live in Asia. Singapore, specifically. Travelling is not quite an option for me if I'm going to have regular appointments to permanently remove hair.
  •  

Kendra

I don't know of any such clinic in Asia that can do this type of electrolysis, but Dena mentioned there is probably one somewhere in the region.  I'm hoping someone spots this thread and knows of a solution near Singapore.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •