News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Donica's She Shed

Started by Donica, September 01, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Hi everyone and welcome to my she shed!

I am starting this thread to help me keep a record of my transitioning progress and to also help those with my experience of transitioning while living with less than perfect health.

Before I started this journey, I did much exhaustive research, with very few results, on the subject of transitioning at the age of 60+ with health issues to help reassure myself that I would get to complete my journey. So far, the only information I was able to find is that, as long as my health issues are well under control, I would get to transition. Not very reassuring so fasten your seatbelts ladies because this ride is about to start.

I came out to my PC doctor in June last year. I got a referral for my therapist in July 2017. Which led to a referral for my Endocrinologist in August 14, 2017. I started HRT on August 22, 2017. My PC doctor, therapist and Endocrinologist are all very reassuring of my journey. My cardiologist was a bit hesitant at first but after talking with him about all the lastest postive clinical research, he admitted that there was definitely a lot of controversy about the dangers of HRT, but was quick to jump on board and is now also very reasuring.

It is far more reassuring for me to have all of my doctors on board with me. I have never been so happy in my life as I am now. It's going to be a long road and I am happily on my way.

It has been a little over a year since I started HRT and I must say, I am feeling much healthier today than at this time last year. I started RLE and came out to everyone, including social medie, a few months ago. I have been going through facial hair removal for the past month and at that time, my therapist and I decided it was time to start voice therapy and, much to my surprise, he also put a referral for FFS. I had no idea that Kaiser now covers that as well as BA too. My therapist is saying he will get me a referral for GCR some time after June of next year. I sooooo can't wait.

No news yet about the pending referrals. Stay tuned. I will give updates as they come in.

Thanks for following!
Lots of Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:  
Your report seems to be all good news.
I will definitely be looking for your updates regarding your referrals.

I am very happy that you started  "Donica's She Shed"  transition thread and journal... 
... it will not only be nice for you but also for your followers to have a lot of your transition progress and information all in one place.... 
But, of course you are still expected to share your transition stuff, thoughts, photos, other comments, etc... on many of the appropriate various threads all around the forums.

Thank you again for starting your thread,
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi Donica,
   It's funny but every time I see your name, I think of Christmas. If we threw your name and mine together we could maybe have something. "on Donica, on Monica, on Donner and Blitzen." Well, maybe not!
   I have enjoyed reading your posts, so I am glad you have decided to tell your story. It is great to hear you are much happier. I think you have already gotten past a lot of hurdles. All you have left is the surgeries? Well, piece of cake. You got this. Best of luck to you. You do seem like an awesome woman.
Moni
Oh, let me show my ignorance (something I exceed at) and ask what a she shed is.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Donica

Thank you Danielle! You are so sweet girl! And yes, I will use this thread to post general updates and save all the juicy stuff for the appropriate forum threads.

Thank you Moni! What? Ignorant? No, I don't see it girl. I think you are very intelligent. A she shed is kinda like a man cave but for girls. Every girl should have her own private space to get away for a bit of relaxing quiet time. But rest assured, this she shed is not meant in any way to be private. Anyone and everyone is welcome here to post anything they wish.

You know Moni? I think you just may be onto something with that Christmas song  ;D.

Thanks for following ladies! I really value your input. Updates coming soon.
Lots of hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Donica,

It is neat to watch your excitement grow as you overcome your hurdles. It must feel great to win over all of your health care providers, and what an advocate your therapist seems to be....lining up all the possible next steps for you. This going to be a fun thread, watching your journey expand. Thank you for making your path visible!

Tia Anne
  •  

DawnOday

I'm glad you are here sharing your story. I too have had a rocky road with health concerns. You are right. I would much rather live the life I do now, than the one I was living two years ago. I do regret I can't have the surgeries. But after a life of confusion I'll take anything I can get. I hope you have as much joy as I have had.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Donica

Hi Tia and Dawn! Thank you both for joining my journey. It means so much to me to know you will be following along.

Tia, I have been following you and Debi on your honeymoon road trip with much delight. I hope Debi is feeling better. I know it can take a lot of time for these things to get better. I'll check in to your thread in a bit to find where you two love birds are today.

Dawn! I'm so glad that you came to visit my she shed. I am proud to know you and I appreciate all your wonderful words of wisdom. Yes, these health issues are a bitch. But as you said, it is far better to enjoy life the best way we can. I hope you are feeling better today girl.

Thanks for following!
Lots of hugs,
Donica.
  •  

HappyMoni

"Donica, oh Donica, my encylcoponica, oh Donica the Tattooed Lady" Oh don't mind me, just working on trying to get you a theme song for your She Shed thread. Guess Groucho Marx is not a good fit huh? Anyway, I thought I would stop by, say hi!
Monica

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Devlyn

I assume everyone has seen the State Farm Insurance she shed commercial?  :laugh:
  •  

Donica

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 02, 2018, 08:40:16 PM
"Donica, oh Donica, my encylcoponica, oh Donica the Tattooed Lady" Oh don't mind me, just working on trying to get you a theme song for your She Shed thread. Guess Groucho Marx is not a good fit huh? Anyway, I thought I would stop by, say hi!
Monica

I was thinking a little about that too Moni. So far I got "on Donica, on Monica, on Danica and Minions."? Yes? Oh,,, too much?

Hugs Moni!
Donica.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Devlyn on September 02, 2018, 09:46:15 PM
I assume everyone has seen the State Farm Insurance she shed commercial?  :laugh:

Oh yes Devlyn. I have to laugh every time I see it. I thing the hubby has a guilty look on his face. The dead giveaway is the trickling garden hose. I mean really? Or was he just watering the plants? Keep that guy away from my she shed lol.

Hugs Devlyn!
Donica. 
  •  

Donica

Ok, I have good news! Well, it has been a busy two weeks. Support groups on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 4 hour electrolysis sessions on Thursdays. Oh,, This just in. My phone is ringing as I write this. It was my first appointment for voice therapy on the 18th of this month. SQUUUEEE!!! I also made contact with the transgender care coordinator nurse of FFS. I just sent in my facial profile pictures. I am SQUEEESPLODING  :D!!!!

Most updates coming soon
Lots of hugs,
Donica.
  •  

Laurie

Hi there Donica,

Laurie the wandering waif of Susan's place here. I just wanted to say hi as i probably haven't done so yet. I've been ummm distracted lately. Thank you for coming in and providing all of us with your cheery encouragement, well wishes, and other merry comments. You do seem to get around the site almost as much as I get around the country. I also noted you have gotten caught up in our own little reality show "Dating with Danielle in the wilds of Alaska" As you know she's a charmer tha is enjoying being charmed herself up in the frozen wastelands of Alaska, The last Frontier.
  I am pleased to find this thread where we can follow you on your own adventures in wonderland. (pssst, Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.) Oh, btw keep an eye out for a rabbit in a top hat and whatever you do, do NOT follow him down that rabbit hole. I did and nearly didn't make it back. (When logic and proportion Have fallen sloppy dead) It sounds like you are well on your way with Kaiser. I just joined Kaiser in Oregon and have an appointment with the Gender Pathways group on the 17th of Sept to see what door may be opened for me there that the VA doesn't provide. Whether I step through them or not is an unanswered question at this point. I love reading about the steps others like you are taking on their own special journeys.

Hugs,
  Laurie

PS  Tha moaning person is nuts best stay away she also has an alias of Tonie, or connie.  possibly Moonie I know it is something like that. I've met her and she have a very nice wife and boys that take care of her. Someone has to do it.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Donica

Hi Laurie! Don't forget the wandering Waif Honey Badgers too. Oh yes, I know you are very busy taking wonderful care of Michelle. You are going to love Kaiser. They are the best. I've read a few other threads about transgender pride groups in Oregon and Kaiser. I've been thinking of moving up there some time in the future. Yes indeed, Danielle is such a charmer isn't she. Wow, all her suitors. How does she do it. Is that morning or Moaning person? I thing I now you are talking about. Thanks for the heads up. Oh, and no rabbit holes for me. I wouldn't be able to climb out anyway lol.

I do have another update! I spent the morning at the Venture Superior courthouse filing all my legal documents. I didn't get home till after 1:pm. Wow, what an ordeal. It was crowded. First go here, then go there. Up stairs, down stairs and finally back up stairs to file all my legal documents for name and gender change. I don't need to go to the gym after that ordeal lol.

Thanks for the warm comments and the heads up!
Lots of hugs Laurie!
Donica.
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Donica.  Congratulations on getting your paperwork filed.  Pretty soon, you'll get the results, and you will legally be you!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 07, 2018, 04:55:26 PM
Hi, Donica.  Congratulations on getting your paperwork filed.  Pretty soon, you'll get the results, and you will legally be you!

Yay!!! I'm sooo excited!!!

Thanks Kathy!
Hugs girl!
Donica.
  •  

Donica

Well, not really an update, but I read a post from Stephanie in her "The Stephanie chronicles" thread about the "I'll still be me". I read it just before leaving for some lab work for my FFS. While I was there, I started thinking about what she had said. I have to admit that I use that phrase, in hopes to, what I think, will ease the shock to my friends when I tell them about me. Truth! I use it because of my fear of loosing them as friends. Stephanie is right in her post. The truth is my not the same person I used to be. I was using that phrase to help ease my own fears of loosing friends.

Yes, I still have the same moral values and for the most part, will still like the same things. But the real truth is, I am different now and my friends see it and they will either accept me or not, regardless of how I tell them.

I usually feel very safe at my doctors office where I get my lab work done. But today was a little different. When I first entered the building, I was deep in thought about Stephanie's post and didn't notice that everyone was staring at my. I checked in with the staff and, as always, they were very warm and friendly. I sat down and waited for my turn and noticed that everyone was still staring at me. As I made eye contact with some of them, they would look away, but others kept staring. I started feeling very uncomfortable. I was so worried that this one guy was going to say something. With my anxiety on high, I think I would of brain locked my self into oblivion.

I usually always get stares and handle them well. Maybe I was feeling a little more vulnerable today after reading Stephanie's post. I mean until now, I always thought I had a fairly decent handle on things. But in reality, I don't have a handle on anything. I will humbly keep moving forward in this wild journey that I have chosen. I appreciate everyone here at Susan's for all the help you give to us all.

Looking forward to my first voice therapy visit next week.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •  

HappyMoni

Donica,
   There is a period  of time where being self conscious goes with the territory. It is not attached to you as an individual, more to the transition process itself. You must have faith that things will evolve for you. This is basic training, Trans 101, whatever you want to call it. The best thing to do is remind  yourself that this will be okay. Positive thoughts are the best thing for crowding out the negativity. You know what you want Lady, don't waiver, go for happiness! It takes some work though. Early on, I got sort of a sense of power by staring back til people looked away. Then I used a smile which I decided I liked better. I kind of saw it as regaining power. I established control of the situation with the smile. Either they were going to look away, smile back, or essentially declare themselves to be two legged skunks. It is a good way to hold the head up high too. People will respond better to warm, friendly, confident people. If you aren't confident, fake it til you make it. Oh, I too have days even now after a few years where it is hard not to worry what others think.
    A word about Laurie. She is a wonderful woman who came to visit me clear across the country when I had GCS. Unfortunately as she was leaving my room to go, my brother opened the door at the same time and smack, that's where the head injury happened. Ever since then Jeanette left and Laurie appeared. The trauma has had two effects. First she is unable to remember my name. Second, she has developed an intense jealously of my best friend Harvey. Of course, you have noticed her fondness for mentioning rabbits? It is now her obsession. Please humor the poor girl, she is capable of crazy thoughts. After all, what sane person obsesses over simply having a pooka?
Moni
@Laurie, there there, it will be okay, Honey!

]
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: HappyMoni on September 14, 2018, 09:51:13 PM
@Laurie, there there, it will be okay, Honey!

And seriously, what's the deal with the obsession with refrigerators?

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Thank you Moni for your encouraging words. I do use the smile and most of the time I get a smile back. But yesterday at the Kaiser building, there was so many people staring at me that I would have had to wear an almost constant smile as I looked at each person while walking through the building. I thought that would have been even creepier than all the people staring. It is suddenly taking alot more of my strength to remain positive and confident. It does help to remind myself that this is ok and that this is me and that I am sooo much happier now. I just need to remember that when things get nasty.

I unstand now. I didn't reallize that there was a head injury. It all makes sence now. All fun aside, Laurie is a wonderful selfless angel to all the help she gave to you and Michelle. God knows how many others she has help. Her kind words on this forum have help me alot. And with all the fun you ladies have back and fourth is very uplifting and helps to lighten the mood in an otherwise terrifying journey we all go through.

And yes! What is the deal with the obsession with refrigerators? I don't know if I should clean it, sit on it, or just leave everything up there and just dust it once in a while? I believe I once asked if there was some kind of hat that I would have to wear if I got sent to the refrigerator? ::)

Lots of hugs everyone! and thanks!
Donica
  •