News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Donica's She Shed

Started by Donica, September 01, 2018, 11:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

@Jessica
Thank you Jess! That is good to know. I will start dissolving them until I go with self injections. My previous Endo wanted me to start injections.

Thank you Faith! I will have to check if they are Sublingual or Buccal. I take the same thing that my friend @AvaNovum takes but still I would only be guessing.

I just found this:
Estrace (estradiol) is not recommended to be taken sublingually (i.e. under the tongue) as it is not intended for that route of administration. Estrace, and the associated generic products, are not manufactured as sublingual tablets and are not designed to dissolve quickly and uniformly under the tongue. This could result in inconsistent dosing and local irritation.

By Dr. Brian Staiger Pharm.D
Medical Content Reviewed By PharmacistAnswers Staff
On Jan 08, 2018
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on February 20, 2019, 11:09:11 AM
@Jessica
Thank you Jess! That is good to know. I will start dissolving them until I go with self injections. My previous Endo wanted me to start injections.

Thank you Faith! I will have to check if they are Sublingual or Buccal. I take the same thing that my friend @AvaNovum takes but still I would only be guessing.

I just found this:
Estrace (estradiol) is not recommended to be taken sublingually (i.e. under the tongue) as it is not intended for that route of administration. Estrace, and the associated generic products, are not manufactured as sublingual tablets and are not designed to dissolve quickly and uniformly under the tongue. This could result in inconsistent dosing and local irritation.

By Dr. Brian Staiger Pharm.D
Medical Content Reviewed By PharmacistAnswers Staff
On Jan 08, 2018

I tried that for a while, but the high amount, and the speed it was absorbed, caused such mood swings that I stopped. I'm fairly certain that some of the meltdowns I wrote about on my own thread were caused by that.

I switched to intramuscular injections of estradiol valerate about three months ago, and despite hating needles, I won't go back.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend reading through Dr. Will Powers' PowerPoint presentation on TG healthcare, especially starting around page 30, where he gets into the differences between oral, and injectable or dermal estradiol. I was experiencing the same thing as about 1/4 of his patients while using the oral. Things are better now with the injectable. YMMV.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B5GqH5rA-mckQmx6NE15SXN4Y0E?usp=drive_open

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on February 20, 2019, 11:09:11 AM...I just found this:
Estrace (estradiol) is not recommended to be taken sublingually (i.e. under the tongue) as it is not intended for that route of administration. Estrace, and the associated generic products, are not manufactured as sublingual tablets and are not designed to dissolve quickly and uniformly under the tongue. This could result in inconsistent dosing and local irritation. ...

not worth getting a new prescription if you're switching to injections soon. Keep swallowing until you do switch. don't try dissolving when the pill isn't designed for it.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on February 20, 2019, 11:39:48 AM
I tried that for a while, but the high amount, and the speed it was absorbed, caused such mood swings that I stopped. I'm fairly certain that some of the meltdowns I wrote about on my own thread were caused by that.

I switched to intramuscular injections of estradiol valerate about three months ago, and despite hating needles, I won't go back.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend reading through Dr. Will Powers' PowerPoint presentation on TG healthcare, especially starting around page 30, where he gets into the differences between oral, and injectable or dermal estradiol. I was experiencing the same thing as about 1/4 of his patients while using the oral. Things are better now with the injectable. YMMV.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B5GqH5rA-mckQmx6NE15SXN4Y0E?usp=drive_open

Stephanie

Thank you Stephanie. Cassandra gave me the link to Dr. Powers presentation a few months ago when you both wrote about it in your threads. I found it to be very interesting reading. I downloaded a copy of it for future reference.

I would have gone with injections months ago but I would have to inject myself in the south (as my previous Endo pointed out). I've heard Kaiser has recently closed down the injection lab here so I would be on my own.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on February 20, 2019, 12:36:53 PMI would have gone with injections months ago but I would have to inject myself in the south (as my previous Endo pointed out). I've heard Kaiser has recently closed down the injection lab here so I would be on my own.

I was instructed to inject into a major muscle, so so upper arm, thigh, and buttox are recommended. Thigh is easiest if you're doing it yourself. Luckily so far I've been able to get others to do the deed in either my arm or thigh.

My doc told me all I have to do is stop by the office and a nurse will take care of it. I've done that a few times with no issues other than waiting a bit for one to be available, but most of the time Cassie is happy to stab me.

It goes something like, "On the count of three: One...TWO!"

So far I've been able to avoid the "euphemism," but Cassie keeps threatening...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

I had my phone appointment with my new Endo yesterday. She seems very sweet and informative! I expressed my concern about my last lad results (E level being so low). When I last tested, it had been 17 hours since my last dose. So of course my E levels will be that low. I am happy and I'm right where I should be. I will meet her in person in three months.

On another note, I sent another email to my FFS surgeon asking for an update on my place in line for my surgery. He had no new news yet except to say "Soon" UGH! The waiting is the worst!

It's looking like My GCS won't happen before the end of the year. I won't be eligible until June. And then there's the HNT in the Netherlands and of course the waiting list. So I'm considering having an orchiectomy and getting off spiro and switching over to E injections. The jury is still out on though.

Decisions decisions, waiting and waiting, patience and patience, ugh! ::)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Donica
Dear Donica:
That is good news about your new Endo... it certainly is nice when they take the time to discuss your concerns and show themselves as friendly.  and not give you the "bum's rush".   
I imagine that you are looking forward to finally meeting her for the first time unless you already have previously.

I "hate"  it when people will only say "soon" without any other time qualifiers....   
For some, soon could mean later today and for others soon could be next year.   
I agree with your reaction: "UGH"

Yes indeed, transitioning, HRT, surgery plans, etc.... 
...all of those things require serious educated decisions and also take immense PATIENCE for sure.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts ... please continue to keep us all tuned in.
HUGS, and best wishes...
Danielle

Quote from: Donica on February 26, 2019, 01:08:18 PM
I had my phone appointment with my new Endo yesterday. She seems very sweet and informative! I expressed my concern about my last lad results (E level being so low). When I last tested, it had been 17 hours since my last dose. So of course my E levels will be that low. I am happy and I'm right where I should be. I will meet her in person in three months.

On another note, I sent another email to my FFS surgeon asking for an update on my place in line for my surgery. He had no new news yet except to say "Soon" UGH! The waiting is the worst!

It's looking like My GCS won't happen before the end of the year. I won't be eligible until June. And then there's the HNT in the Netherlands and of course the waiting list. So I'm considering having an orchiectomy and getting off spiro and switching over to E injections. The jury is still out on though.

Decisions decisions, waiting and waiting, patience and patience, ugh! ::)

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donica

I just got a disappointing call from Dr. Kim's office. They won't be able to get me in for my FFS surgery until this fall, what ever that means. So I'm going to change gears and request an orchiectomy while I'm waiting for my FFS. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on March 11, 2019, 09:10:49 PM
I just got a disappointing call from Dr. Kim's office. They won't be able to get me in for my FFS surgery until this fall, what ever that means. So I'm going to change gears and request an orchiectomy while I'm waiting for my FFS. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

@Donica
Dear Donica:
......... Shucky Darn... that is too bad for sure, but you are making the best of a bad situation by scheduling your Orchi instead.

I wish you well in getting both of your surgeries scheduled as soon as you can get a firm date.

Please keep your thread updated as you are doing...   I am rooting for you.!!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KimOct

Hi Donica - So sorry to read of your set back about the FFS but try to look forward to the orchie.  The recovery time is days not weeks and it does make a difference.  I am limited in my surgical options but I am 100% happy that I had the orchie 2 years ago. 

It's not a be all to end all but I am very glad I did it.  In my mind it is GCS 'lite' because #1 bye bye testosterone and
#2 it allowed me to change my birth certificate to female.  FFS will come eventually for you but for now focus on the next step.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on March 11, 2019, 09:10:49 PM

Donica, I sympathize with disappointment, I know it well. No words really do anything to lessen it. Keep this in mind, We are in March ... fall is near the end of September. It's really not that far off when looking at the whole picture of becoming ourselves.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't help. You can't blame a girl for trying ... can you?  :)

hugs
Faith

•  

Donica

@Alaskan Danielle, @KimOct, @Faith

Thank you for the Encouragement Danielle, Kim and Faith. I got a reply back from Trans Care about the requirements for an orchiectomy. It seems I can't catch a break yet this year.

I qualify for all but one of the requirements for an orchiectomy. I was not aware that I had to be full time for more than 12 months.

My one year RLE isn't until June/July of this year. I also understand there will be a waiting list as well, leaving me at a loss for what to do next. Just an added note, by the time all this is supposed to happen, I will be 2 years HRT and eligible for a BA.

As I stated previously, Dr. Kim will not be scheduling me for FFS until sometime in the fall of this year. This could potentially cause an overlap in surgeries, most certainly leaving little time between surgeries for recovery.

I understand these are the rules but it doesn't make much sense for a women my age to have to jump through so many hoops. After all, I've already been waiting for 50+ years for this. I will be meeting with my therapist tomorrow to discuss further options.

Kim! If I may ask? and if you feel comfortable? As you stated in your post, why are you limited in surgical options? I ask because I am an elder lady with health issues and would like to keep a log of limitations for transitional surgeries, be they health, financial or other related issues.
  •  

Donica

I have great news!!! I just got my FFS surgery date with Dr. David Kim. June 20th 2019. <<<SQUEEEEYAY>>>. I am feeling TRANSTASTIC!!!

I haven't got all the details yet but I'm pretty sure it will be in West LA, the same hospital and surgeon that my very dear friend @AvaNovum had for her FFS. As soon as she is feeling better, we will celibrate :icon_geekdance:

P.S. Obviously I will be putting my orchiectomy on the back burner. I may just wait till my GCS hopfully early next year. Yay!!!

Big warm hugs!!!
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on March 15, 2019, 10:56:40 AM
I have great news!!! I just got my FFS surgery date with Dr. David Kim. June 20th 2019. <<<SQUEEEEYAY>>>. I am feeling TRANSTASTIC!!!

I haven't got all the details yet but I'm pretty sure it will be in West LA, the same hospital and surgeon that my very dear friend @AvaNovum had for her FFS. As soon as she is feeling better, we will celibrate :icon_geekdance:

Big warm hugs!!!

YAY! You're getting your face fixed!!  .. oh wait, that didn't come out right.
YAY! you're getting unnecessary touch-ups to make yourself feel better just like lots of women do.

:)

•  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on March 15, 2019, 11:03:15 AM
YAY! You're getting your face fixed!!  .. oh wait, that didn't come out right.
YAY! you're getting unnecessary touch-ups to make yourself feel better just like lots of women do.

:)

Haha! No, you were right the first time Faith. I'm getting my face fixed. I'm going to be as pretty as Ava and the rest of you girls. Yay!!!
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Donica on March 15, 2019, 11:11:57 AM
Haha! No, you were right the first time Faith. I'm getting my face fixed. I'm going to be as pretty as Ava and the rest of you girls. Yay!!!

When I can wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and think, "I don't need to do anything" ... THAT's when I'll consider myself one of the pretty girls.

•  

Donica

Quote from: Faith on March 15, 2019, 11:23:44 AM
When I can wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and think, "I don't need to do anything" ... THAT's when I'll consider myself one of the pretty girls.

Nonsense!!! You already are one of the pretty girls dear! Anything else you do will be icing on the cake! We all see it. You also have a big heart too.
  •  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Donica!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Faith on March 15, 2019, 11:23:44 AM

Pshaw, I say! Careful or I'll say it again! You're already part of the pretty parade.

Now me... well, I have a nice personality.

Stephanie

•  

steph2.0

SQUEEEful congratulations, Donica!! And very coincidental. It's within a week of when I get more work done at the bump and dent shop. We're gonna knock 'em dead when we're done!

Stephanie

•