Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How do YOU handle the cold?

Started by Lady Sarah, September 03, 2018, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeronicaLynn

I'm the one always turning down the A/C to a perfect 65 degrees...

I love that clothes from the women's section are thinner and cover less skin.  :D

Don't get me started on people that insist on turning on artificial heat when it's not needed, especially sidewalk cafes that have those heat torch things(not sure of proper word) that ruin the entire experience of sitting outside on a cool evening...
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: DawnOday on September 12, 2018, 04:14:40 AM
I have found as I have transitioned I have been moving the thermostat up about 5 degrees. Part of it is because my nipples get sensitive to the cold and I hate it when they throb. I mean perky is one thing.

@DawnOday
Dear Dawn:   Yep... "perky" is the word...
...In the cold weather or a drafty building my nipples don't throb and hurt but definitely the "high beams" come on and will show through many of my bras and thin shirts.   Even at the gym in my gym outfits I my nipples can be quite apparent.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.... I identify completely.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

Back when I was single and my body ran on T, I liked the thermostat set at 20C.  My wife, however, always minded the cold, so I got used to 24C.  I found it warm/hot, but I could handle it.  Now that my body runs on E, 24 seems normal., and even 23 seems cold.

I definitely mind the cold a lot more than I used to.

In summer, I take a sweater to the supermarket, because they keep the AC turned down to North Pole temperatures.  I swear you can see your breath in there sometimes.  It looks weird putting on a sweater on a hot day when you go indoors, but it's what a girl has to do!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Karen

Funny... since losing weight and starting HRT, I get really cold easily.   I wear scarfs all the time now to both look and feel good, and be warm.    I too like my home and bedroom around 23 or 24 C now...

Hugs

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

LizK

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Danni98

It's been hard finding the perfect balance since starting hrt. We used to have to smoke on the porch in the winter, and omg that caused nipple pain that was approaching gall stone level. But we've had a hot summer here and I've pretty much sat inside most of the time, giving up the usual outdoor summer activity's. So I've been sitting directly in front of the ac vent most of the summer with a flannel on. As others have said once it hits about 65 f I start shivering.
  •  

Barb99

I recently moved to southern Nevada and have had the air conditioning set at 82 all summer. Now that the outside temps are dropping to the mid 90's the air conditioner will be shut off and the house opened up.
When the temps drop below 70 the heavy blankets come out!
  •  

Lady Sarah

I enjoy reading these replies. It seems E has a large impact on how well we handle the cold.

My mother loves the cold, but then she is very post menopausal. I'm fixin' to bring out the winter clothes. One cold front after another, and my summer clothes won't be doing me any favors.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Jasminex69

I love being on the colder side.  Whenever it's get really cold, grey and gloomy, all I can think about is a roaring fire and a good scary movie on tube. 

Jasmine
  •  

Allison S

I'm not sure, a fireplace is nice. But maybe a man to warm me up would be even nicer lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Jasminex69

•  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: Allison S on October 09, 2018, 12:01:20 PM
I'm not sure, a fireplace is nice. But maybe a man to warm me up would be even nicer lol

Ah, but that man would turn on the AC in the middle of January. They seem to love the cold.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Lady Sarah on October 10, 2018, 05:59:21 PM
Ah, but that man would turn on the AC in the middle of January. They seem to love the cold.
Hahaha I guess we have to better accommodate for both then.. [emoji23]

•  

Nina

We love the cold, but then, we are Canadians.
We sold our house 8 months ago, and moved so far north in Ontario, there isn't a highway or neighbor for miles. We live completely off the grid.
We looked at properties even further north in the Yukon, but just couldn't find the right one.

☺️

2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried
2018 (January)  - hubby and I moved off-grid
2019 - plan originally was to hike PCT in 2020, but now attempting Appalachian Trail - start date April 3.
  •  

MeTony

I have not even started on hormones yet. My AC in my car is set to 16C (60.8F).

I can't stand the heat. Summer is killing me. I love the winter. It is much much easier to dress for cold weather than hot. You can't dress at all in hot weather. Haha

But I'm in Sweden. I travel to northern Sweden to ski each winter. It can be as cold as -15 to -30 C. (5 to -22 F) but colder than -15C...your face will freeze. You need to protect your face while skiing. And eyes.

•  

Maid Marion

I need to shop for cardigans!  To wear in the office during the summer.
  •  

cassiebythesea

I was born and raised in the mountains of Colorado. And I've always hated the cold and snow. My solution?

I moved to California. That simple.
  •  

DawnOday

cassie. Beware, you will be called a Liberal. ;D
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

MeTony

Quote from: cassiebythesea on October 11, 2018, 10:45:26 PM
I was born and raised in the mountains of Colorado. And I've always hated the cold and snow. My solution?

I moved to California. That simple.

Isn't it great that we all love different weather? And there is a place for us all on earth where we thrive. :)

Tony

•