Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

VFS With Dr Katherine Yung in San Francisco

Started by tgirlamc, March 31, 2018, 10:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BriBriMW

OMG! Ashley, I'm so sorry for the late reply! I'm new to being an actual user on the site and was expecting a notification.

Unfortunately, I'm at the age in my life where I can make all my own decisions, but also can't. That being said, I am unable to go in for consults, but able to research and plan so that as much falls into place as possible when the time comes.

Right now, I know I want the surgery but am afraid they'll deem I don't need it. Anything you can share from your experience on what happened and what they had you do in the steps before you were allowed to get surgery?

Thanks!

BriBriMW

Quote from: tgirlamc on September 13, 2018, 02:46:59 PM
I am a fan of geographic proximity to your surgeon in case of complications or if follow up treatment is needed...

Can I also ask if you've had FFS, if so, with Dr. Beck?

tgirlamg

Quote from: BriBriMW on September 14, 2018, 12:11:33 AM
Can I also ask if you've had FFS, if so, with Dr. Beck?

Hi BriBri...

Since I had done voice work over the years with various people, Dr Yung didn't require anything further before the procedure...But,  I did one preliminary session at UCSF Voice and Swallowing Center and got baselines...

I did FFS in 2015 with Dr Deschamps-Braley and Dr Ousterhout...The pioneer of FFS!

There are a couple of my before and after pics on this page

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,210798.msg2173406.html#msg2173406

I don't know where you are at in your journey but, some of the thoughts I posted under the pics in that thread may be hold some value for you...

All good things to you as you navigate the road ahead little sister!!!

Onward we go!!!

A 😀🌻💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

BriBriMW

Haven't even started yet  :'(

I am definitely the little sister here... Entering junior year in college, not transitioning due to financial agreements with family. Also, my major is pretty intense, so life changes probably wouldn't be a good move on top of that...

But I'm taking the time to save money and plan for everything! I plan to start the journey as soon as possible!

Thank you so much!

tgirlamg

Quote from: BriBriMW on September 14, 2018, 01:38:52 AM
Haven't even started yet  :'(

I am definitely the little sister here... Entering junior year in college, not transitioning due to financial agreements with family. Also, my major is pretty intense, so life changes probably wouldn't be a good move on top of that...

But I'm taking the time to save money and plan for everything! I plan to start the journey as soon as possible!

Thank you so much!

Hey BriBri 😀

Good planning goes a long way in life!!!

Sounds to me you will be successful in your studies... your transition and your life!!!... Enjoy it all little sister!!!

Onward we go!!!

Ashley 😀💕🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •