Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Well, I did it. I came out to someone!

Started by Danielle Kristina, September 03, 2018, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielle Kristina

I set the goal of coming out to a friend today and I did it.  It did not happen the way I expected, but I came out just the same.  My friend is MtF herself, but for some reason I was almost as scared to come out to her as I am to anyone.  I spent the afternoon at her house with her and her family and we had a nice time.  I spent the whole time trying to get the courage to come out to my friend, but I didn't.  Then, once I got home, I texted her and thanked her for having me over.  Then I sent another text telling her my secret.  As a transgender person herself she understands my fear completely.  And she is willing to talk to me about my gender identity should I want to discuss it.  So not only did I come out to someone, now I have a friend I can share with.  And since she's transgender too, there is so much I can learn from her.

Right now I'm still nervous about having just come out to someone, but at the same time I'm floating on clouds and bursting with joy!  Thank you all for your support and encouragement!!!

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

Jessica

Congratulations Danielle Kristina 🌸🌸🌸. You'll find that, on the whole, most people don't have a problem with it.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

randim

I am so happy for you Danielle!  A journey of a thousand miles....  ;D  Congratulations!
  •  

Anne Blake

Congratulations Danielle, it is a big and important step you have taken. I am all about creating and collecting safe places and tribe members. These are so important to finding a sense of wellbeing. Collecting tribal members involves finding people that you can talk with and feel safe around. If they are trans, so much the better. I love having people around that I don't have to explain everything to. So, another big step taken, well done.

Tia Anne
  •  

Sonja

@Danielle Kristina

Well done Danielle! it definitely can be scary but you've done it now and now your friend also becomes your ally!

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

DawnOday

Danielle Kristina.. It is the most scary thing you will do. It is also the most rewarding. All the weight that has been building on your shoulder will now fade away. Best thing I ever did. Find out where your friend goes to support group and go with her. It's not just fun being around people you never knew existed. I look forward to it.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Danielle Kristina
Dear Danielle:
As I mentioned on the other thread that you posted regarding this, and as others have stated.... your act of finally coming out for the very first time is indeed like a big heavy weight has been lifted off of your shoulders.   

Rest assured that you will have many more occasions of coming out to various others in the future AND the really good news is that it will get easier and easier as time goes by and you continue in your journey.

I am so happy for you and so glad that you found the determination to finally do this.... very important step in heading toward your transition goals.

Thank you for sharing and posting.
Hugs and more hugs,
Danielle
  (the Alaskan one)
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

Congratulations, Danielle Kristina!  Coming out for the first time is very hard, it takes a lot of courage, so you have passed a significant milestone.  I am happy for you that you have a friend that you can confide in and get advice from.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Alice V

Congratulations :)
It's wonderful that you have such friend :)
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •  

Kymmie Lorain

Congratulations Danielle, You made the first step. I recently came out to a long time counselor It felt great. It would be nice to have a transgender friend to discuss things with, but alas I don't. Good luck on your journey.

Kymmie
  •  

heather3791

That's fantastic Danielle! The first one is always a little tough. But your confidence builds from that initial foundation. Congrats!!
  •