Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

General feeling of emptiness

Started by CosmicJoke, November 25, 2018, 07:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CosmicJoke

Hi everyone. I am posting this in the post op board because I would like to hear from those who are in that stage of their journey. To give a little info on me, I am still pre op. The only thing I have had done surgically is a bilateral orchiectomy several years ago. Hopefully some time this coming spring, I will be able to get my vaginoplasty.
In a nutshell, alot of times I feel this emptiness, this feeling of hopelessness and have a very hard time enjoying pretty much anything. I feel like this surgery is my guiding light, but the thought that I could end up post op and feeling these same feelings I have listed is a big fear of mine.
I guess what I am asking is, is are these feelings normal, and could these feelings be alleviated by going through the surgery? Physical pain is another story, but to go through the rest of my life feeling this kind of emptiness would be far worse.
  •  

GoneGrl

Do you currently see a therapist?  Or perhaps groups?

I never had any experiences such as this.  I don't know if age has anything to do with it or perhaps the time of my transition didn't allow for it.  Things were more conservative back in my day.

Don't feel alone, there seems to be several people on here that are experiencing the same. Try not to be down because this should be the most happiest time of your life.

Maybe you need some positive influences in your life? 
  •  

CosmicJoke

Quote from: GoneGrl on November 25, 2018, 07:51:59 PM
Do you currently see a therapist?  Or perhaps groups?

I never had any experiences such as this.  I don't know if age has anything to do with it or perhaps the time of my transition didn't allow for it.  Things were more conservative back in my day.

Don't feel alone, there seems to be several people on here that are experiencing the same. Try not to be down because this should be the most happiest time of your life.

Maybe you need some positive influences in your life?

I don't have many positive influences which is possibly the culprit. I do get excited at the idea of new relationships, which would possibly be helpful.
  •  

GoneGrl

Well then that could be a source to at least kick start you but don't become dependent on it.

I personally believe you should be happy without any tools (other than prescribed medication).  I think if you surround yourself with positive people and those that have your best interest at heart you might feel better.

I'm sending you good positive vibes for all of it to turn around *big Hugs*
  •