Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Electrolysis newbie

Started by Jessica, September 14, 2018, 08:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie -2010

Quote from: Jessica on January 17, 2019, 02:49:00 PM
@Wendi @Michelle_P

I'm lucky that my HMO covers hair removal for transgender women. 

I just discovered that my HMO also covers my hair removal but only since I started HRT.  So all those early sessions I can't but about 18 months I can recover.  Yea!!  Nice to get money back that I can use on more sessions.  :)

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Jessica

@Julie -2010

Quote from: Julie -2010 on January 18, 2019, 06:01:10 PM
I just discovered that my HMO also covers my hair removal but only since I started HRT.  So all those early sessions I can't but about 18 months I can recover.  Yea!!  Nice to get money back that I can use on more sessions.  :)

Julie

Congratulations Julie!  If you have a copay like I do, ask if you can have multiple sessions (not even consecutive) on the same day under the same copayment.  I try to have at least two in one day, but there have been days I've had three.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julie -2010

I thought that I would have to do my co-pay but I didn't.  I got my first refund for 2017 and 18 in the mail the other day.  Made my day.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Julie -2010 on January 18, 2019, 06:17:54 PM
I thought that I would have to do my co-pay but I didn't.  I got my first refund for 2017 and 18 in the mail the other day.  Made my day.

Julie

Wow, lucky girl!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Chanteur

My insurance covers hair removal...

But not a single provider in a 3hr drive (from what I can tell) will bill insurance for it...

Right now I paid for laser hair removal (They were having a BOGO sale, so $1200 will get me 6 treatments of face and full Brazilian). When done I will submit to insurance for reimbursement... That is the best I can do for now...

What do you all recommend to do in this situation?

Right now I figure laser followed up by electrolysis to get the straggling hairs.

Laser doesn't bother me much at all. More of a surprise when the laser fires, but no pain. How is the pain with electrolysis?

•  

zirconia

Hi, Chanteur

The pain felt during electrolysis varies from person to person. Many here apparently have needed painkillers or anesthetics. I myself have not been bothered by it, and have often even fallen asleep during treatment. Besides one's personal pain threshold, much probably also depends on operator skill, modality and the equipment used.
  •  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Chanteur on January 25, 2019, 03:31:23 AM
My insurance covers hair removal...

But not a single provider in a 3hr drive (from what I can tell) will bill insurance for it...

Right now I paid for laser hair removal (They were having a BOGO sale, so $1200 will get me 6 treatments of face and full Brazilian). When done I will submit to insurance for reimbursement... That is the best I can do for now...

What do you all recommend to do in this situation?

Right now I figure laser followed up by electrolysis to get the straggling hairs.

Laser doesn't bother me much at all. More of a surprise when the laser fires, but no pain. How is the pain with electrolysis?

Chanteur, 

I have to submit my hair removal to my insurance also.  Not too bad.  Yes, laser first to get a lot of the dark but you can still do the electrolysis during the same time period.  Just make sure they first work on the light hair.  I did a 20+ or more of laser before I started electrolysis but then I was doing mostly electrolysis but then we would do a laser.  Right now she is telling me laser won't help anymore so I just on the E.

I must have a high tolerance.  She does but a numbing cream on that takes some of the pain away.  I feel so good afterwards that the pain is worth it.  I know some ladies that it is awful for them.  So it does vary.

Good luck!!

Julie
  •  

Jessica

I had a new experience yesterday.........3 one hour sessions in one day, two of them back to back.

I survived!

My electrocutioners are now working on my jawline and neck.....oh joy 😆

•  

Julie -2010

Wow Jessica I feel for you.  But like you said, you survived.  :)

I do know of some women that it is multiple hours of treatment.  Longest session I had was 90 minutes.

Julie.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Julie -2010 on March 06, 2019, 06:16:56 PM
Wow Jessica I feel for you.  But like you said, you survived.  :)

I do know of some women that it is multiple hours of treatment.  Longest session I had was 90 minutes.

I've been doing 3-hour sessions once a week for a few months now. My electrocutioner uses the blend method, which isn't as painful as the thermolysis the last one used, but slower. I use BLT and can often fall asleep during the ordeal.

I don't have to shave my chin anymore! Yays!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Julie -2010

Wow, 3 hours sessions.  I guess if you can fall a sleep it wouldn't be too bad.

It does feel great when you don't have to shave much.  I just want to be done with it. 😊
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Julie -2010 on March 08, 2019, 01:34:29 PM
Wow, 3 hours sessions.  I guess if you can fall a sleep it wouldn't be too bad.

It does feel great when you don't have to shave much.  I just want to be done with it. [emoji4]

Ugh. Not much napping today. The main problem is with the 1 1/2 hour drive, by the end of the 3 hour session it's been 4 1/2 hours since I applied the BLT. It gets quite ouchy by the end of the ordeal. I definitely had to fix my eyeliner when we were done. I had a little ocular leakage.

It'll all be worth it in the end.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •