Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Getting this off my chest.

Started by Coffeedrew, February 06, 2019, 09:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffeedrew

I said in my previous post I do not feel gender dsyphoria anymore.
I would like to clarify the meaning of that: when I dress feminine, and I feel womanly.
However, I still feel weird when I present as a male.
I am 5 months in HRT, and I am working towards going full-time.
I only present male at work because I get misgendered wrong, and as soon as I get gendered felmale while presenting as a male then I will go full time.

Now, I did write my boss a letter, and I did tell HR.
I wear a bracelet with both my name's on it to symbolize me. I respect my birth name, but I also have a feminine name.
Two weeks ago my boss wanted to look at it and she told me that was nice.
I really didn't think much of it... until the other night she asked me who the feminine name was.
I told her that's the name I want for my self. She told me that's nice and she liked it. She also said she wants to know more about me, and what being transgender means because she's curious, and then I got called timid by her, for not talking much.
I have a million things going through my head from is she genuinely curious or is this a red flag?
I looked at her social media page, and similar mangers she is not friends with any of the workers, however workers are friends with each other on their separate pages.
I told her I am willing to talk about it openly, however, I mentioned that it was a private thing that I am still working through.
I am very open and honest with people who know me.
So my question is what does everyone think about talking?
I feel I should be very cautious, and careful. I plan to work with this company for a year, and I know in a few months I will be very noticeable. I respectfully let them know in advance because I feel it is the right thing to do.
*** No body has been disrespectful, and all of the workers are very friendly. A lot of us have common interests. My boss is a late 30s or early 40s and the worker bees are 21-32 gamer nerds. I'm not sure about the whole situation, and I cannot tell if me and the boss have common ground because we are both art majors.  I wonder if she thinks I should be more feminine socially? I don't really know how to talk to her, and I guess that would make me timid. I think maybe she might have heard a bad impression, but working around me that might have changed her views on it. These are all my thoughts.
I just want want insight on what people think about this.
I have heard so many bad things, but I have never encountered them, and I am thankful for that, but I am also naive in a sense.
If you bothered to read this: thanks.
  •  

krobinson103

The people I work with are curious what it is to be trans sometimes and I don't hide. I answer their questions. I see it as a duty in a way, I feel I'm in a good space, and to help people in the future its good to help others understand us.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Coffeedrew

After thinking about what you said I feel the same way. It is a rare opportunity to leave a good impression, and not just by words, but by actions aswell. Thank you.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

I think trusting your intuition is a sound approach. Sound out your boss. You already have to a certain extent. Talk and interact by all means but see how it feels. Some people can be quite negative. Others can be the opposite. Use some discretion.

Best regards, Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KathyLauren

One of the things that being part-time for a while taught me was how much I hate hiding!  So if someone is curious and has shown no overt signs of hostility, I am happy to answer questions.  Most questions, anyway.  What is in my pants is off-limits.

Of course, a conversation can take an unexpected turn.  If someone shows signs of transphobia, it is, "Shields up!  Arm photon torpedoes!"  I will give the responses that are appropriate in such circumstances and then leave the conversation at the earliest opportunity.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •