Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

MTF corset before HRT

Started by Maiy13, January 02, 2018, 12:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiy13

Hello, I am new on here, you can call me Maiy ^.^ I was really wondering if anyone can help me with something. I am a mtf but I haven't started horomones yet but before I do start I was wondering if a corset would make me look more feminine? I have thought about getting one but I would like some info about it before I do please.
  •  

Dani

As many of our cross dressing friends can attest, yes a corset will definitely squeeze in your waist to give you a more feminine shape. With continued tight lacing over several years, some people have noticed that their natural waist is now a few inches less than before. It makes little difference if you are on HRT or not. The most important thing is to get your  total body weight down to ideal or even less.
  •  

Kendra

Hi Maiy,

I started HRT last year and have seen gradual changes in shape from HRT - gradual being the key word.  I've only worn a corset a few times, definitely liked the effect while wearing it.  If someone has liposuction to their waist area a compression garment is usually provided to help create the new shape and is worn for a month or two after surgery.

Since this was your first post I'll add information we provide to new members. 

Things that you should read

Maiy, thank you for joining Susan's - glad to see you here!

Kendra
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Thea

I often wear a corset, at least for a few hours each day. I like the shape it gives me but I haven't been doing it long enough to see if it has any effect on my non-corseted waist.

During the day I wear a boned corset that is really tight and kind of restrictive. You shouldn't get a cheapy but you don't have to go top of the line either. I experimented with several and finally found one I like on Amazon.
For a while I was wearing an exercise corset to bed. I haven't worn it for a while because I've been working long days and exhausted, I collapse into bed when I get home. It's not boned or as tight so I can sleep in it.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Devlyn

Hi Maiy, welcome to Susan's Place! The first time I wore a corset I was impressed by how straight it makes you stand.  :)  See you around the site!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica

Hi Maiy 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's!  I've become interested in shape wear lately.  I hope to find tips on this thread.  Thank you for posting!

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

sarah1972

I have a few corsets (some really good ones) and I have been wearing them long before HRT but not very regularly. It does help somewhat in giving you a better posture and can somewhat shape your waist. For some really results you have to wear it very regularly and get a good quality one. The better ones I have are ll from timeless trends (they also have a lifetime warranty, I just had one exchanged after 3 years)

There are a few good videos about corsetry where I learned a lot.

However: Do not expect magic changes. You will need HRT for some of those changes...

Hugs Sarah

Quote from: Maiy13 on January 02, 2018, 12:20:03 AM
Hello, I am new on here, you can call me Maiy ^.^ I was really wondering if anyone can help me with something. I am a mtf but I haven't started horomones yet but before I do start I was wondering if a corset would make me look more feminine? I have thought about getting one but I would like some info about it before I do please.

•  

Phoenix1742

As others have said, it can help but it isn't magic.

When I first really started exploring my female side, I was naturally drawn to the idea of corsets - I've always been a Renaissance festival type, and they are so unmistakeably feminine. But I was a bit overweight, with a classic beer gut, and no amount of corsetry was going to turn that into an hourglass figure.

I've since lost about 50 pounds, and without that excess weight a corset does an incredible amount.

Although with that said - a good corset can do wonders, but it won't be comfortable, and the more you expect from it the less comfortable it'll be. I generally stick with a "heavy duty waist tamer" type garment if I'm presenting female, unless there's some reason I really want the extra curves.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Welcome Maiy [emoji5].

Good question, the easy answer is yes, it'll help!

The next question is why. If it's to improve your shape for a short period presenting,  then a basic corset/cincher would work. As others have said, permanent changes can be achieved with extensive (18+ hours/day) use over a long period; in this sittutation you should invest in high quality custom garments for comfort and your health!

If you're on the taller side, certain shapes or brands may suit best, and you will want to consider if you'd want an over or underbust style.

As Devlyn said, not only shape,  but posture is a big part of the female presentation,  and a corset will help here too.

Good luck and enjoy [emoji4]

Megan. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

I tried many corsets/waist trainers but i read how if can damage internal organs. No thanks. I'd rather slim down, have a tummy tuck/lipo and ribs removed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Dani

Quote from: Allison S on January 02, 2018, 06:43:09 PM
I tried many corsets/waist trainers but i read how if can damage internal organs. No thanks. I'd rather slim down, have a tummy tuck/lipo and ribs removed.

Allison,
I share your concerns about internal organ damage, and I did two of those things and I still feel than an elastic waist trainer has some slight benefit without internal organ damage.

After the tummy tuck, my surgeon gave me an elastic waist garment to wear for two months and I just kept on wearing something like it , but only at night.
  •  

zirconia

I wore a custom made corset almost around the clock for about three years after an accident, and don't think I sustained any damage from it... I wrote about that a bit in  this topic.

•  

Phoenix1742

Internal organ damage only comes from the extended type of wear - 18+ hours a day over many many years.  Look at tightlacing types - they're probably looking at some form of organ issues.  But I tend to think of that as an extreme, and wearing a good corset for a day won't hurt.

For science though, I went ahead and put mine on, with some before and after measurements.  I'm 5'10 and about 190 pounds, and without a corset I'm a fairly square 41-40-40.  With my best corset on, I come in at 42-34-42; much better in my book!  Granted, this brings along some sacrifices in comfort and mobility, so I only wear it for special occasions - I generally only go with a waist trainer. Also worth noting is that this is after some significant weight loss - if I tried this when I was heavier the corset wouldn't fit right, I'd have gapping at the top and bottom, and the reduction at my waist wouldn't be nearly as significant. You just can't squish a beer gut into an hourglass.

And as some people have said - expect to spend decent money for a good corset if you want results.  The flimsy things you see at Victoria's Secret or Frederick of Hollywood aren't constructed well enough to give the results you'll want.  Trying to use one of those will just give you lumps and will pinch, and is a lot less comfortable than wearing a proper corset.  The one I have ran about $100, is made of a heavy brocade, has a full stainless steel busk, and 22 steel bones in it.
  •  

Kendra

Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

elkie-t

A corset isn't very comfortable thing to have on... yes, it might give you a better figure, but you will be unable to shake your butt (figuratively speaking) that well. I came to the conclusion that at least for me (very athletic, 0 extra fat, tall), corsets don't improve my female presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Faith

I sleep in one, unless it's a cuddle night. Daytime is for comfort and it doesn't stop me from sleeping.
Considering the back and neck issues that I have, I do think it's helping those. I don't seem to wake up as 'krinked-up' as I have been.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Thea

As far as shaping goes, there are a few things I do in addition to corsetry.
I lost a lot of weight and got my waist down as much as I could.
I wear underwear that has padding at the hips and butt. Those help to enhance the appearance of a narrow waist.
I'm six feet tall and my measurements are as follows;
Without enhancements, 34-28-34
With, 34-26-36
I'm anxious to get on HRT and maybe get a little boobage too.
Veteran, U.S. Army

First awareness of my true nature 1971
Quit alcohol & pot 10/22/14
First acceptance of my true nature 10/2015
Started electrolysis 9/12/17
Begun Gender Therapy 7/06/18
Begun HRT 8/01/18
Quit tobacco 11/23/18

•  

Katherine

Hi,
I've been on hrt for several years, but did wear a corset before then.  I'm back to wearing one again.  In my experience, the corset will eventually change your body shape.  You have to be consistent in it's use, wearing it at least 3 hours daily.  You can wear it comfortably longer when you get used to it.  Over time you will be able to adjust it, pulling the lace tighter.  At some point, depending on how long to waist-train, you'll be able to take it off and retain your slimmer figure.  How long, will again depend on how long you've waist-trained, but it will happen.  I'm older, transitioning late in life and it has worked for me.
Always running away from myself...
  •