Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

epliating too painful?

Started by MissKatie, September 26, 2018, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R W

I'll chime in if it's ok! I use a emjoi AP-18 the red corded one. I works well but the wheel inside the detachable head gets worn and does not last long-I need a replacement already. It is very effective and works fast when it works.

At first it hurt like the devil! then bit by bit it hurt less. Now I sorta enjoy the way it feels and knowing how smooth my skin will be-oh yes I'm liking this! I breath out when making passes with the epilator and breath in when not making the passes and pain takes a back seat to what is happening. Like I have heard others say-"it's all in the breath"and thats the best way I can explain it. Try it and you will see for youself. I hope it works for you like it has for me!
  •  

LexiDreamer

I must be a freak. I use the Braun Silk-epil 9 and I still have to epilate about every 3 days to stay smooth. I'm so jealous of you ladies talking about epilating once every few weeks. : (
*** Any suggestions I make should never be used as a substitute for licensed medical advice ***
*** All of my personal pharmaceutical experiences I share, have been explicitly supervised by a licenced medical professional ***
  •  

LizK

I use a Remington and don't bother with the "guards" as they get in the way...I would do it about once a month on my face and even less on my legs(because I am slack). I use a Remington which works well all over my body and yes it did sting the first few times. I have had lots of laser and electrolysis so the face is not so bad and I always wait until its fairly long. I also tweeze in the really sensitive area's on my face. 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Iztaccihuatl

Quote from: LexiDreamer on March 25, 2019, 07:59:08 PM
I must be a freak. I use the Braun Silk-epil 9 and I still have to epilate about every 3 days to stay smooth. I'm so jealous of you ladies talking about epilating once every few weeks. : (

It depends on the location. On the chest and upper thighs I have to epilate every 3 days or so, but on the legs and arms about once per week.
  •  

Faith

I used to epilate every other day. Legs and arms, not much hair elsewhere any more. After 1yr HRT, it's approximately once a month or when I think about it. I tweeze out the oddball hair when I see it.  Knees are the worst, aside from 'private areas'.

I picked up a Braun Silk·expert 5 IPL. I really think it took out a lot of the body hair. Now I only use it when I think about it as well. I only used it once on my armpits and haven't seen hair since. I'm sure another round will show up in the next few weeks. Darn those growth cycles!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

LexiDreamer

Quote from: Faith on March 26, 2019, 06:41:58 AM
I used to epilate every other day. Legs and arms, not much hair elsewhere any more. After 1yr HRT, it's approximately once a month or when I think about it. I tweeze out the oddball hair when I see it.  Knees are the worst, aside from 'private areas'.

I picked up a Braun Silk·expert 5 IPL. I really think it took out a lot of the body hair. Now I only use it when I think about it as well. I only used it once on my armpits and haven't seen hair since. I'm sure another round will show up in the next few weeks. Darn those growth cycles!!

That's the thing. My legs and butt have the fastest growth of my whole body and I have been on HRT for close to 3 years now. My T has been less than 20 for years now. It is probably sparser than it used to be (I never let it get long enough to judge), but it hasn't slowed down. Once a week would be a welcome change to the 3 day cycle I try to maintain.
My belly is probably on a similar schedule, with my chest and arms about once a week.
But obviously legs and butt are a lot of real estate . It takes me two silk-epil batteries to clear my lower body.
*** Any suggestions I make should never be used as a substitute for licensed medical advice ***
*** All of my personal pharmaceutical experiences I share, have been explicitly supervised by a licenced medical professional ***
  •  

Faith

Quote from: LexiDreamer on March 26, 2019, 12:35:52 PM
That's the thing. My legs and butt have the fastest growth of my whole body and I have been on HRT for close to 3 years now. My T has been less than 20 for years now. It is probably sparser than it used to be (I never let it get long enough to judge), but it hasn't slowed down. Once a week would be a welcome change to the 3 day cycle I try to maintain.
My belly is probably on a similar schedule, with my chest and arms about once a week.
But obviously legs and butt are a lot of real estate . It takes me two silk-epil batteries to clear my lower body.

In your case, if your skin tone and hair color is a good combination, I'd think about trying a home IPL. I have a lot of gray that IPL won't touch, that's just how it is. It needs color and contrast. Dark skin, light hair - no good.

Epilating will never be a permanent solution. For more permanence go for laser, true permanence go for electrolysis.

Are you on progesterone? My hair slowed/stopped significantly once I starting taking it. The mood swings is what I couldn't handle. I'm trying every other day on it now, seems to be OK. I never epilated my back - no hair there at all now.

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

phydelia

Quote from: LexiDreamer on March 26, 2019, 12:35:52 PM

How long have you been epilating? I also started HRT about 3 years ago, and started epilating around the same time. It's only been in the past year or so that my forearms and lower legs have gotten sparse enough for me to not feel the need to go over them daily (or at least before going out in public).

I went with the Silk Epil 5 since it was the newest one I could find that was still plug-in... I have enough problems with overheating the little motor, never mind fussing with dying batteries. When I was starting out I would have bought a gas-powered one if they made it  :laugh:
  •