Today

Tempo Run

8 Miles
1:21:45
10:13/Mile

Sarah
  •  

Hi Sarah,
Noticed your thread. I competed at a national level in long distance running as a junior (PB is a 2:38 Marathon) but quit due to injury problems. I am currently running between 40-70km a week in a pace that's about 8-9 minutes per mile.
The key to success when it comes to longer distances is quantity. You don't have to run fast but you have to get the distance before running marathon distances.
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: 930310 on December 22, 2018, 10:12:22 AM
Hi Sarah,
Noticed your thread. I competed at a national level in long distance running as a junior (PB is a 2:38 Marathon) but quit due to injury problems. I am currently running between 40-70km a week in a pace that's about 8-9 minutes per mile.
The key to success when it comes to longer distances is quantity. You don't have to run fast but you have to get the distance before running marathon distances.

Yep, my current long run is at 11 miles last week, I'm doing 12 tomorrow.  I have a little under a year to get up to 26.2

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

Good planning. I would however suggest extending your long runs a bit more just to get a feel for the distance early on. Perhaps a 18-19 miler would do you good since you'll be toying with your breaking point there.
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: 930310 on December 22, 2018, 10:21:17 AM
Good planning. I would however suggest extending your long runs a bit more just to get a feel for the distance early on. Perhaps a 18-19 miler would do you good since you'll be toying with your breaking point there.

At the rate I'm planning, I should hit that in February anyway, so I think I'll be ok.  Thank you for the suggestion :D

Hugs, Sarah
  •  

barbie

Quote from: 930310 on December 22, 2018, 10:12:22 AM
Hi Sarah,

I remember you, as you posted about running and marathon about 4 years ago. Your face seems to have been feminized enough to look like a young lady. You may try wearing mascara or false eyelashes to look more beautiful.

I still run, but air pollution has prevented it frequently, especially in winter. In summer, I sometimes ride a mountain bike, which is beneficial for my backbone and waist, but riskier than running. It was memorable that I reached the highest point where biking is allowed here in S. Korea (1,100 m or 3,600 feet). I was a kind of rookie, but finished it anyway at dark night, relying on small 2 flash lights.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sarah1979

Quote from: barbie on December 22, 2018, 12:05:57 PM
I remember you, as you posted about running and marathon about 4 years ago. Your face seems to have been feminized enough to look like a young lady. You may try wearing mascara or false eyelashes to look more beautiful.

I still run, but air pollution has prevented it frequently, especially in winter. In summer, I sometimes ride a mountain bike, which is beneficial for my backbone and waist, but riskier than running. It was memorable that I reached the highest point where biking is allowed here in S. Korea (1,100 m or 3,600 feet). I was a kind of rookie, but finished it anyway at dark night, relying on small 2 flash lights.

barbie~~

Last week I did an intervals run in Santa Rosa, NM as I was on my way home... That was at about 4500 feet, and I was feeling that altitude LOL

Hugs

Sarah
  •  

Sarah1979

Sunday, 12/23/18...

12 Miles
2:16:23
11:21/Mile

On the treadmill, slow as I had not had a rest day between the tempo run on 12/22/18

Sarah
  •  

sarah1972

Wow! You are getting close to the qualification! Congratulations! You are so determined.

I signed up for another 5k in my hometown Dec. 31st - seems like it may be a snow run. And so far my training has been to eat one less Christmas cookie per day...  ;D  ;D  ;D

Quote from: Sarah1979 on December 24, 2018, 06:35:03 AM
Sunday, 12/23/18...

12 Miles
2:16:23
11:21/Mile

On the treadmill, slow as I had not had a rest day between the tempo run on 12/22/18

Sarah

•  

Sarah1979

LOL!  Christmas cookies :D

The guaranteed access run is only 11.04 miles (17.75k), so I'm already past that, now I'm putting my sights on the marathon itself.  I just have to make sure I can get into the run in March.  I wish I could do that 5k, but I'm going to be back on the road by then, gotta make money lol.

Hugs,

Sarah
  •  

sarah1972

I understand about having to work.

I am sitting at my desk today and will have to work between the years to close out some year-end business. I'll mostly shift my work to the night hours so I have some time with my family.

Most of our local "Moms Run This Town" chapter is participating, so I decided to go too. At least this time I'm going to buy good shoes before...

~Sarah

Quote from: Sarah1979 on December 24, 2018, 10:38:52 AM
LOL!  Christmas cookies :D

The guaranteed access run is only 11.04 miles (17.75k), so I'm already past that, now I'm putting my sights on the marathon itself.  I just have to make sure I can get into the run in March.  I wish I could do that 5k, but I'm going to be back on the road by then, gotta make money lol.

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Sarah1979

Quote from: sarah1972 on December 24, 2018, 10:55:51 AM
I understand about having to work.

I am sitting at my desk today and will have to work between the years to close out some year-end business. I'll mostly shift my work to the night hours so I have some time with my family.

Most of our local "Moms Run This Town" chapter is participating, so I decided to go too. At least this time I'm going to buy good shoes before...

~Sarah

Yes, that whole "work" thing really gets in the way of all the fun doesn't it lol...
I'm working on getting my schedule down so I can always get my runs in when I need to.
Good shoes are essential :D

Hugs,
Sarah
  •