Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

My Electrolysis Journey

Started by Charlene2017, October 07, 2018, 09:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

Great thread! I am glad that I am seeing hours in the 100s and not 400s.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: meganatl on March 01, 2019, 01:18:07 PM
I've just started last week myself and am a bit concerned as the redness seems to be lingering for quite some time.  I started with the beard area since it was fairly far down my neck.  Even about 10 days later I still have some redness from the initial electrolysis and did another session about 2.5 days ago that's also quite red and irritated.  I've been using a non-alcohol cleanser and aloe for the most part, not sure what else I can do to help the situation.   

My electrologist keeps some Preparation H towelettes in a refrigerator. Using one to wipe down the areas treated seems to speed up recovery quite a bit, at least for me. Eventually your skin gets used to electrolysis and the reaction (redness) won't be as severe as the initial sessions. As others have said -- this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on April 27, 2019, 07:39:48 AM
My electrologist keeps some Preparation H towelettes in a refrigerator. Using one to wipe down the areas treated seems to speed up recovery quite a bit, at least for me. Eventually your skin gets used to electrolysis and the reaction (redness) won't be as severe as the initial sessions. As others have said -- this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Yep!  Preparation H and witch hazel both work well, shrinking the follicles and pores in the skin to reduce the redness and inflammation. 

For the first couple days after one of my marathon days (two 2 hour sessions each Monday for a year!) I would carefully wash, NOT scrub, then liberally splash on witch hazel.  Once that dried I applied a pure aloe vera gel (no lanolin or numbing agents added!) and let that dry to seal the skin.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Charlene2017

:'( :'( :'(

Looks like my journey as come to a premature end.  Money is pretty tight right now with 2 kids in college, well one finishes this month and is hoping for a job in another province next month.  The other starts again in September.  So I need to save what we can for the oldest to help her move and also help the middle kid with what every doesn't get covered by student loans/grants.  Then there is the 11 year old that seems to need something every week.

Sorry I haven't posted earlier, but honestly I have been too depressed to say anything.  Just seems like one step forward with a couple steps back.  Well maybe not 2 back as the kids needs are way more important than mine right now.  I'd rather see them get a good education and a career that they will enjoy.

Hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to start again.  Who knows, I may just win the next big Lotto Max (crossing fingers...).
;
  •  

snbab

Thank you for starting this thread.
This came at the right time for me. I am currently looking at options for Electrolysis and/or Laser.
The cost is a big factor for me, as well as distance I will need to travel.

Having an idea what to expect is very helpful.

Good luck to you Charlene on resuming your sessions.
  •  

Katie

I ended up buying my own machine out of Canada and finished what laser did not complete. It took me more hours than I can imagine but I did it myself.

These days I occasionally have to fire up the machine to zap a hair or two but its just those fine hairs..........

•