Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Name change...again?

Started by xman, October 08, 2018, 10:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xman

(I posted this in the wrong place so i'm reposting here sorry)

Hello i'm Matt (FtM) and i'm thinking about changing my name again.  :-\

I changed my name about 4 or 5 years ago when i was pre hrt so when i picked it, it suited me. It suited the more girly looking me lol. Since i've been on hrt for near 3 years now i look a lot more masculine and the name i chose no longer suits me. Now obviously a name is a name and idk if you can really look like a matt or a whatever else. Idk if im just associating that name with my pre hrt feminine looking self but either way i just feel like i need a new name that fits more with this masculine look i now have. Also the fact im kinda associating that name with my old self is kinda making me a little dysphoric  ???

I was just wondering if it would be weird to change my name again? And if anyone else has felt like this and changed their name to suit the "new" them lol.

Also...
I'm still looking at names, but one of the names i like and that suits me is "foreign sounding". Im british and Salvador is clearly not a british sounding name, but i found it suits me decent. Would possibly choosing a name thats foreign to where i live be weird? Personally i don't mind it sounding foreign but I'm curious what others think.
  •  

Devlyn

I'll jump first! I hear lots of advice about picking a name that's age appropriate and not too weird. Screw that! Pick the name you like. You owe nobody nothing on this matter.

I'm Devlyn Marie and I approve this message.  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ryuichi13

You can change your name as many times as you want!!!  As long as you are willing to pay for it, after all, its your money.  Don't let others shame you, after all, you are the one that has to sign it on paperwork, see it on your IDs and hear it called when you order coffee. [emoji6]

Don't worry about family and friends, theyll get used to calling you by it. 

About the ethnicity of your name, trust me, people from all over have names from all over!  My name is Japanese, yet I'm African-American.  I've been called Ryu since 2004, and what started out as a nickname from an anime my friends and I loved is now the legal name on my passport.  My middle name is just my old middle name's initial, nothing more. 

Names are yours to do whatever you want with.  If you don't like it for whatever reason, change it.

Good luck Salvador!

Ryuichi

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

•  

StacyRenee

I did the same thing. I went by Joanna for years, but that was before I decided to transition. Once I made that decision, I felt I needed a new name.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

CarlyMcx

Choose the name you want.  Choose a name that means something to you.  It's yours, after all.

My middle name, Emelinda, is a traditional Filipino name, and is very uncommon in the U.S.  It celebrates my wife and children's Filipino heritage.  And I love its sound, power and femininity.

The only downer is going to be changing things with the DMV, social security, passport, credit cards, etc. a second time if you've already done it once.

Hugs, Carly
  •