Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I don't pass at the gym

Started by Angela H, October 13, 2018, 10:32:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela H

Quote from: lostinlonging on October 14, 2018, 08:54:16 AM
I am not a " Guy "   :'(

Sorry Lostinlonging, I didn't mean to say that you were. That's just kind of the way we talk where I'm from; in plural 'guys' is used to mean people of any gender (a girl addressing a group of women could greet them by saying "hey guys").

I didn't even notice I was doing it. I'm not a 'guy' either, so I understand where you're coming from. I think I'll just try to avoid this phrasing from now on.
  •  

Sonja

@Angela H

IMO you should definitely try some brighter typically feminine colours and possibly a head scarf like Shambles has worn - see below link. The head scarf will help overlook your short hair and act as a sweat band without ruining any of your wigs.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,211680.msg2168946.html#msg2168946

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

Angela H

I have an update for everyone!

I went to the gym and I was correctly gendered! The lady at the entrance ma'amed me and a woman inside used female pronouns for me without being asked.

Thanks for the advice and the support everyone! I think using brighter clothes really helped a lot.

My sister told me she doesn't think I pass for cis, but it's clear I'm a girl. That'll have to do, I guess  :D
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: Angela H on October 21, 2018, 06:31:06 PM

I went to the gym and I was correctly gendered! The lady at the entrance ma'amed me and a woman inside used female pronouns for me without being asked.

Thanks for the advice and the support everyone! I think using brighter clothes really helped a lot.

My sister told me she doesn't think I pass for cis, but it's clear I'm a girl. That'll have to do, I guess  :D
@Angela H
Hi Angela,

Thats Great! Happy for you  ;)

Sonja.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Angela H on October 21, 2018, 06:31:06 PM

@Angela H
This is really good news regarding your latest gym venture.   Keep going out and about and remember that each time you pass you will gain confidence.... and in those times that you fail, consider it a learning experience to help you fine tune your appearance and mental attitude.

If first you don't succeed, try, try again.   Each time you will get closer to your "passing" goals.

I will be eagerly following your updates and comments around the forums.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jennifer300

I am sure it feels much better being correctly gendered.  I started taking Yoga classes a couple weeks ago, tougher than I thought but I am leaning to modify my poses until I gain strength.  I am not out yet, and wore running shorts.  I soon realized some of the poses showed more than I wanted up my shorts legs.  I purchased a couple pair of yoga pants, and they really look more feminine.  I even tried them on in the ladies dressing room.  JC Penny is known to be trans friendly, so I figured it would be ok.  I purchased a capri shaped pair which shows my shaved lower legs and it would likely help  your look too.  I wear the shorts over them as many do, but they definitely feel feminine and look great.  I keep remembering the movie "What About Bob" and say, baby steps.  Nails and a light colored lipstick are hard cues for someone to miss too.  Maybe earrings too.
  •  

Angela H

Quote from: Jennifer300 on February 20, 2019, 08:40:43 AM
I am sure it feels much better being correctly gendered.  I started taking Yoga classes a couple weeks ago, tougher than I thought but I am leaning to modify my poses until I gain strength.  I am not out yet, and wore running shorts.  I soon realized some of the poses showed more than I wanted up my shorts legs.  I purchased a couple pair of yoga pants, and they really look more feminine.  I even tried them on in the ladies dressing room.  JC Penny is known to be trans friendly, so I figured it would be ok.  I purchased a capri shaped pair which shows my shaved lower legs and it would likely help  your look too.  I wear the shorts over them as many do, but they definitely feel feminine and look great.  I keep remembering the movie "What About Bob" and say, baby steps.  Nails and a light colored lipstick are hard cues for someone to miss too.  Maybe earrings too.

I didn't know that about JC Penney, thanks for the tip!

I always wear earrings, one of my favorite parts of being a woman!  ;)
  •