Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Opening the cage

Started by Moonflower, October 13, 2018, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonflower

I feel like a midwife as I coax a new life out of a body and into the wide world, and now it's pushing itself out with full force. Such a transformation from getting good at being invisible, to expecting to be noticed, and liking that kind of attention.

I feel like when I was raising my kids, eager to find out who they were. I think of myself as a Mother Bear, ready to protect my loved one. I love coaching her as much as I loved coaching my kids.

I'm afraid that I could never want my husband again. My new wife is so much more attractive and bold. I loved my husband to pieces, and had no idea that anyone could ever be better suited for me.

She didn't cover her brightly colored nails with gloves all day while we were out and about in the city! At one of the stores we stopped at, she picked out a gem tone for coloring her nails, and a brilliant orange! This lady is not hiding behind anything. She wants to go back out tomorrow to practice showing off her nails! She is strutting! I am as happy for her as anyone could be.

I can't wait to see what HRT does to her. I hope it has the affects that she wants.
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

Moonflower

She made her first counseling appointment ever. The trans counselor welcomed both of us. We're looking forward to meeting him.

I realized that I've been reading stories here about people who put enormous amounts of energy into living up to their understanding of society's expectations of them. My honey did that in public, but rarely at home alone or with just me. He avoided being in public. That might be why she is so endearing. I recognized her from the start, and am glad that she is presenting herself to the public.

I put a little eye shadow on her for the first time. Fun!

I painted her nails again today. The bottle looked almost like the International Orange of safety vests, but it is so sheer that it blends well with her skin tones. Lovely! She wants to go somewhere to show them off. Our next trip to the city is Saturday morning.
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: LizK on November 12, 2018, 05:54:08 AM
I change my Avatar frequently and this time I loved the drawing  and used it but alas it will go very soon as my knew pic is just about ready to go up. [emoji3]

Liz! Great photo of you! You look so soft and round -- feminine. Lovely!
  •  

Moonflower

I told her that I don't miss my husband. She assured me that he won't be back. I assured her that I loved him dearly, and couldn't imagine better, but she is so much more welcome in my life. She took no offense, and is looking forward to using her new purse tomorrow.

We talked about how she could look feminine in the winter. She'd like a long black wool coat. I told her that it would only keep her warm when the temperature is around freezing. She needs a feminine, warm down coat. Any suggestions?

I think that face makeup, carrying a purse, and ... what else would be feminizing when bundled up to keep warm in winter? I'm looking forward to seeing her in her dresses out in public in the Spring.
  •  

DawnOday

Painted nails are a relatively easy way to express without drawing a lot of attention.  As long as we don't go overboard. I like French nails. Mainly because they are nude color.
How I cope.
I wear my hair in a bun.
I wear a dress shirt, unbuttoned except the middle button over a T shirt. I have size C breasts but by wearing a shirt they do not scream "Get me a halter top"  It's winter so out comes the sweatshirt.
I like my skinny jeans. Last but not least I now have 4 pairs of shoes that actually fit. Luckily my feet have shrunk an extra size.
I wear my dresses to events at the support group.
One of the juxtapositions of my life is that as a male I was an extreme grunge aficionado. But as my fabulous female self I'm a fashionista. Who'd a thunk it. Fortunately I don't like old lady wear.

You are a fabulous person. Your SO is extremely blessed. https://www.landsend.com/shop/womens-coats-jackets/
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/610?page=womens-outerwear   https://www.eddiebauer.com/browse/trenches---coats/outerwear/women/
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

AnneK

QuoteI can't wait to see what HRT does to her. I hope it has the affects that she wants.

I'm also anxiously waiting to see.  My doctor has referred my for hormones, but I haven't heard back yet, to schedule an appointment.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: DawnOday on November 16, 2018, 09:45:21 PM
Painted nails are a relatively easy way to express without drawing a lot of attention.  As long as we don't go overboard. I like French nails. Mainly because they are nude color.
How I cope.
I wear my hair in a bun.
I wear a dress shirt, unbuttoned except the middle button over a T shirt. I have size C breasts but by wearing a shirt they do not scream "Get me a halter top"  It's winter so out comes the sweatshirt.
I like my skinny jeans. Last but not least I now have 4 pairs of shoes that actually fit. Luckily my feet have shrunk an extra size.
I wear my dresses to events at the support group.
One of the juxtapositions of my life is that as a male I was an extreme grunge aficionado. But as my fabulous female self I'm a fashionista. Who'd a thunk it. Fortunately I don't like old lady wear.

You are a fabulous person. Your SO is extremely blessed. https://www.landsend.com/shop/womens-coats-jackets/
https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/610?page=womens-outerwear   https://www.eddiebauer.com/browse/trenches---coats/outerwear/women/

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement, Dawn.
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: AnneK on November 17, 2018, 10:54:16 AM
I'm also anxiously waiting to see.  My doctor has referred my for hormones, but I haven't heard back yet, to schedule an appointment.

Hooray Anne! How exciting! I hope that you can follow up on it tomorrow to help get the ball rolling.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteHooray Anne! How exciting! I hope that you can follow up on it tomorrow to help get the ball rolling.

I don't think it will be tomorrow, but I do plan to mention it here.  I already have a thread started.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Moonflower

Have you met my sweetie yet? She made her debut on the Intro board as BlueStar.

I was delighted by her response to questions on a health insurance renewal application. Next year at this time, she wants  her name and gender changed. It hurt both of us to have to use her male name and gender. I'm really liking her.

I took her International Orange nail polish off, and she chose to replace it with what looked like a pale pink. It turned out to be super sheer opalescent. Very pretty and subtle! She has a collection of 5 colors now: 4 pink/red/orange, and 1 blue/green. Such fun. She wants me to paint my nails, but I never was able to wait for them to dry before I scuffed them. She's so good about protecting her nails until they are dry. Today, she laid still while I read Susan's posts to her. It's great getting to know many people here.
  •  

Moonflower

Tips
That last shade of nail polish wasn't quite right: too pale, wrong shade, didn't work with her skin color. So I replaced it with the gem tone blue/green that I've been itching to try on her. We love it! Her skin tone does really well with such a strong color. Hooray! If you wear nail polish, do you prefer bold colors? Or ones that are not noticeable?

She is much better than I about protecting her nails until they dry thoroughly. I was never able to do that -- ever. I always brushed against a doorway, or bumped into furniture that smudged/scuffed the polish. I could never sit still long enough to let it set. I would love to try some of her softer colors. I still don't trust myself. I can't sit still without fidgeting, and can't think of anything productive that I can do while they dry. No reading, typing, cleaning, writing, rearranging... What can I do?

Tops
Beth jumped up to let me take her picture several times after I told her about a photo app that feminizes your face. It was great fun to see what it did. Our favorite three results gave me ideas for continuing to shape her eyebrows, reassured me that we're on the right path with styling her hair, and gave us somewhat of a preview for what her makeup will look like.

Of course, she didn't like any of the photos; she was ill at ease with being photographed, as usual, and wasn't feeling dressed or groomed for looking beautiful. She looks forward to preparing better and doing another photo shoot. What has been your experience with these apps?

Bottoms
Beth pulled out a WinterSilks catalog to look at with me. She had been admiring the leggings on the front cover. Leggings! I never considered that she'd like them! She recalls that I have been admiring the crazy patterned ones for the past couple years (but haven't bought any, choosing to stick with my dark drab warm soft thick sweat pants with wool thermal long johns all winter). She wanted to know what I thought of her wearing the leggings herself. Wow! What a surprise! Lovely!

You see, she has worn 3 styles of blue jeans during the 20 years that we've been together. First, baggy men's Ralph Lauren jeans that lasted almost forever. When they wore out, and she had lost 30 lbs., she switched to slightly more fitted Ralph Lauren boys' jeans.  Since they were fashionably distressed, they wore out, so she switched to similar American Eagle jeans. She wore out her first batch of them, and resisted replacing them until she was down to just two pairs. I thought she'd really like drawstring pants or sweatpants, but she persistently resisted. Finally now I know what she's been wanting! Yay! It makes so much sense now for her to gravitate to pants that will show off her changing shape as HRT takes affect, and to resist wearing "guy" jeans. Leggings are certainly the opposite of the pants she has been wearing.

Edited to add:
Blood
Three couples were in the waiting room while we waited for Beth's turn for her annual blood tests. She felt accepted by two of the couples. The husband of the third couple rubbed her the wrong way. I laughed with the gentleman as he sat down while he joked about his shoes matching his purse. You see, he was apparently uncomfortable carrying his wife's purse for her as she hobbled in an orthopedic shoe, using a cane, and clutching tightly to him. Beth told me later that the old man then turned toward her, and stared and glared.

My beloved spouse who existed a few weeks ago might have not wanted to return to that lab again, afraid of stirring up such an unpleasant experience again. But Beth talked out her feelings, and said that the first two couples were great, as was the wife of the third couple. She quickly realized that the miserable man was miserable, and she didn't have to be. He was unreasonable, and trapped in stereotypes, and she didn't have to be. She felt the choice and freedom to keep her head up, and enjoy her life. Who could imagine a better response than that?
  •  

Faith

Moonflower, everything in that last post sounds so familiar :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Moonflower on November 22, 2018, 01:22:42 PM
Tips

.... She quickly realized that the miserable man was miserable, and she didn't have to be. He was unreasonable, and trapped in stereotypes, and she didn't have to be. She felt the choice and freedom to keep her head up, and enjoy her life. Who could imagine a better response than that?

Sounds like a very valuable lesson learned. We are quick to blame ourselves when others have an issue with us. We are not dressed properly, or our makeup isn't right, or our voice is too deep rather than letting the person with the issue hang on to it we tend to blame our selves. I hope Beth can hang onto that piece of wisdom she has gained because I am sure she will be able to make use of it in the future.

Take care

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: LizK on November 28, 2018, 03:24:25 PM
Sounds like a very valuable lesson learned. We are quick to blame ourselves when others have an issue with us. We are not dressed properly, or our makeup isn't right, or our voice is too deep rather than letting the person with the issue hang on to it we tend to blame our selves. I hope Beth can hang onto that piece of wisdom she has gained because I am sure she will be able to make use of it in the future.

Take care

Liz
So true! Where did we learn such crazy lessons about being guilty for everyone else's feelings!
I suppose that when we gain wisdom, then we have to use it, huh? No point in having a tool if it just sits in the toolbox...
Thanks Liz.
Best wishes during your final countdown...
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: Faith on November 22, 2018, 03:01:27 PM
Moonflower, everything in that last post sounds so familiar :)
That's why I love discovering Susan's. I'm having such a good time.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Moonflower on November 28, 2018, 04:17:02 PM
So true! Where did we learn such crazy lessons about being guilty for everyone else's feelings!
I suppose that when we gain wisdom, then we have to use it, huh? No point in having a tool if it just sits in the toolbox...
Thanks Liz.
Best wishes during your final countdown...

@Moonflower
It can be a natural thing for us to feel guilty for other's bad and unhappy feelings ....   
...instead of guilt I try to exhibit understanding, compassion and empathy ... but there are those that do not want to receive those things and they would rather shun you and be miserable... or perhaps happy that they think that they are making you feel miserable.

Yes... best wishes to you and yours as you both countdown the days.   
Please continue to keep us all up to date...
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Moonflower

Today was our 2nd photo shoot! On Saturday we picked up some more of our favorite brand of makeup, and used it today on her. For me, it was like riding a bicycle. I knew exactly what to do with it, and it went where I wanted it to go. When I was done, she put on her newest dress, and let me take pictures of her. I caught two shots of her shining through, looking very little like her man-shell. She is considering using one for her profile avatar as soon as she has posted 15 comments.

Speaking of comments, how wonderful to see her interacting with people here! She only talked with her closest friend (besides me) in an annual Christmas card, but now she is bursting with things to say to everyone who commented on her thread, and has responded to someone else's thread. It's so good to see her so full of life.

We've been chipping away at her eyebrows. A few weeks ago I used a "personal trimmer" on the longest hairs. That made a huge difference. Next, I want to shape the lower edge, but when I used the tweezers on one strand, it hurt her awful! It reminded me of when I first plucked my eyebrows. Now I recall that I should use ice, cream, or Lidocaine first. I've been conspicuous about plucking my eyebrows (which I hadn't done in years), but she's not feeling encouraged yet. Funny how it doesn't hurt me at all any more.

Today, we tried our newest nail polish on her. Most of her nails have grown to a length that I think is lovely for her. This is one of her two favorite colors.

<edited to enlarge "thumbnail" -- pun unintended>
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 28, 2018, 04:27:11 PM
@Moonflower
It can be a natural thing for us to feel guilty for other's bad and unhappy feelings ....   
...instead of guilt I try to exhibit understanding, compassion and empathy ... but there are those that do not want to receive those things and they would rather shun you and be miserable... or perhaps happy that they think that they are making you feel miserable.

Yes... best wishes to you and yours as you both countdown the days.   
Please continue to keep us all up to date...
Danielle
Such wisdom, to respond with such kindness, regardless of what the other person wants. Thanks Danielle for the reminders. I'm sure that your wisdom was hard-earned. Fantastic to see what a great place you arrived at.
  •  

AnneK

We've been chipping away at her eyebrows. A few weeks ago I used a "personal trimmer" on the longest hairs.

I'd need a Weed Whacker on mine.   :D

Incidentally, I enjoy reading about you supporting your partner in her transition.  Was it always so?  In reading here, I've noticed it takes some partners a bit of time to come around and some never do.

•  

Anjanette Miranda

You are a wonderful S/O she is in good hands.
I am lucky to have one like you also.
I am going to follow her and your posts
And watch this butterfly come orut of her chrysalis.

AJ
  •