Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Opening the cage

Started by Moonflower, October 13, 2018, 05:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriDee

Great news!
Very glad things are working out.

Hugs!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Moonflower

Moonflower

Yes! Response #2 of 3. This one from my oldest child. She was the hardest to tell because although she is gender non-conforming, she has been clear about wanting medical transitioning to be unavailable to all trans people because she considers it an unreasonable decision.

She had the kindness and respect to respond by email, "Congratulations!" and ask how my sweetheart chose her name. I'm so happy that we've crossed this bridge. The cat's out of the bag, where it belongs.

I have a euphoric sense that I was born to be a trans supporter, and to be supported by trans people. It feels like very important work. My sweetheart also feels like she's here to be the one trans person who many of her acquaintances know. She's here as an example of a trans person who is reasonable and respectable, unlike what conservatives claim. She's here to help spread awareness of and consideration for trans living conditions.
:icon_wave:
1999 married :icon_archery:
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
Fall 2018 my sweetheart's coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

tgirlamg

Hi Grace!

More good news indeed!... As a lifelong caretaker of kitties, I can attest they hate being in bags! 😾

I believe there is great purpose in all our lives that extends far beyond the world we dwell in each day... if you are feeling a sense of purpose in the role of supporter I believe you may be on the right track... When we come upon our purpose I believe it resonates deeply within us...

I hope your daughter comes to see in days to come that there are as many viewpoints in the world as there are individuals and if medical transitioning doesn't seem like a sound decision to her... it may be seen as the only path to a meaningful life to others and they should be allowed to take on that journey if they choose!

All good things to you and your family my friend! Keep us posted on number 3 of 3!!!

Onward!

Ashley 😀🌻💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Moonflower

The jury of 3 has entered their unanimous verdict, and I'm delighted by the interaction. I'm delighted by how eloquently and empathetically my sweetheart shared her situation. And I'm delighted by how respectfully my 3 kids responded. As my sweetheart said, sharing this experience brought us together more as a family.

My son's response was the least expected. We know that he is struggling through tough life decisions, and were afraid that he might vent negativity. Instead, he wrote back,

QuoteHi [new name]!

It is so exciting that you are taking such a big step towards doing something that will help to secure your happiness. Especially after so much time hiding from others, it must be a huge relief to be able to act out your true self without judgement. I am so pleased that you wanted to share with me. You have my full support and I wish you health, through and after your transition.

Sincerely grateful,

May his blessing echo back to him.
The woman hiding behind my husband's facade gradually revealed herself to just me.
She began HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on coming out to protect her health.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!
  •  

LoriDee

Tears of joy over here for you!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

tgirlamg

💕💕💕🤗💕💕💕
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Great news all the way around, Moonflower! I hope everything continues to go smoothly for both of you.

Love always -- Jess
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Moonflower

It's so nice to hear from you and the fantastic, stupendous responses you have received from all of your children.  I'm thrilled to pieces that all 3 of your children, have accepted and supported your sweetheart unconditionally.  Congratulations are definitely in order for you and your family.

From your first child

Quote from: Moonflower on March 09, 2024, 06:46:21 PMWe're telling my kids!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning my youngest met my sweetheart as a woman. This one of my kids was the easiest to tell because when she was working in a mall shoe store, one day she said that her favorite customers were the women who were over 6 feet tall, had deep voices, and big feet. She said that they were so appreciative of her support, they brought her lovely gifts.

Karma at its best and your upbringing of your youngest played a definite part in her kindness.

Quote from: Moonflower on March 09, 2024, 06:46:21 PMThis morning, we were surprised when she said that she thought that my spouse might be androgynous. I was sure that she'd say something like, "Duh! I was wondering when you'd tell us." Or "Yeah, so what's your news?"

It's surprising what comes out of the mouths of ones children, they know more about what's going on than you might think.  I would have liked your youngest to have said, "Yeah, so what's your news?"

Quote from: Moonflower on March 09, 2024, 06:46:21 PMThen she asked me if that makes me pansexual. I'll have to look that up so I can answer accurately.

Yeah I had to look it up as well,  all these new terms, I just think "ugh".

Quote from: Moonflower on March 09, 2024, 06:46:21 PMIt was a great heart-to-heart conversation of love and appreciation all around.

That wiped us out emotionally but we had to tell her siblings before they heard it through the grapevine. Fortunately my sweetheart was prepared with nearly final drafts of letters for each, which she sent. Now we wait for their responses...

I wonder what their responses will be? (I know already)

I know what it means when you are telling your story, it's mentally and emotionally exhausting, because you are the one who is doing all the talking, with a few interruptions for questions along the way.  I have told my story 3 times in the last couple of months to family members.  They were very appreciative of what I told them.

From your second child

Quote from: Moonflower on March 10, 2024, 06:48:02 PMYes! Response #2 of 3. This one from my oldest child. She was the hardest to tell because although she is gender non-conforming, she has been clear about wanting medical transitioning to be unavailable to all trans people because she considers it an unreasonable decision.

Two down one to go!  In this day and age one is taught that they can do anything they want to do, regardless of where they are on the gender spectrum.

"Unreasonable decision", it would be interesting to find out why she thinks this is the case.

Quote from: Moonflower on March 10, 2024, 06:48:02 PMShe had the kindness and respect to respond by email, "Congratulations!" and ask how my sweetheart chose her name. I'm so happy that we've crossed this bridge. The cat's out of the bag, where it belongs.

Again your upbringing of your oldest played a definite part in her kindness and respect.  Did you tell your story how your sweetheart and maybe you came up with her name.  I do not recall seeing anything being mentioned in your posts, in regards to how you came up with your sweethearts name.

Quote from: Moonflower on March 10, 2024, 06:48:02 PMI have a euphoric sense that I was born to be a trans supporter, and to be supported by trans people. It feels like very important work. My sweetheart also feels like she's here to be the one trans person who many of her acquaintances know. She's here as an example of a trans person who is reasonable and respectable, unlike what conservatives claim. She's here to help spread awareness of and consideration for trans living conditions.

When I sit back and think about you and the story of your life growing up in your postings and the story of you, your children and your sweetheart as a family in your postings.  I get the sense not of helping 'trans people' only, an admirable trait, but of helping others.

Like you, I ended up teaching, which resulted in me helping others.  I care for others and hope that they succeed well in their life and this was the way, I could give back, the happiness that I achieved in my life.  My philosophy in life is this in a nut shell, "to pass on my knowledge to others" and this statement is exactly what you are doing and are going to do in the future.

Once again congratulations on your success in telling your children.  Take care and best wishes for the future, from downunder.

Love and Hugs for all the family
Sarah B
@Moonflower

Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Moonflower

My wife had a HoLEP procedure April 1 to address her BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), aka, enlarged prostate and large bladder stone. We've been stressed out preparing for her recovery, and then confronting crises during recovery. Exhausting! Her brother was here for a couple days, which was a HUGE help. Maybe next week we'll get back to our normal routines.

According to
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8937596/
Understanding holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) recovery:
She is the mean age.
Her total procedure time was the mean.
She was one of the ~13% who had concurrent urolithiasis (bladder stone) surgery.
Her inability to void was the exception. She needed the catheter for over a week. One of her nurses said that "they" remove catheters too early, to make their measures look good. She said that most patients would benefit from leaving the catheter in for a week instead of removing it in the recovery room.
Her incontinence is mild and vastly preferable to a catheter for her. The catheter tubing kept kinking, which made urine back up painfully in her bladder. She has been pain free since the catheter was removed yesterday. Ahhhhhh! Relief!
She's not peeing like a racehorse yet, but her flow and frequency are better than ever already. I was expecting that she would need additional treatment to enlarge her urethra, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Phew!

Our next big event will be cataract surgery for me. I'm a high-risk patient, so I chose the most experienced local ophthalmologist. I'm terrified and excited.

Moonflower

@Sarah B
Thank you!

Quote from: Sarah B on March 11, 2024, 06:27:33 PMIt's so nice to hear from you and the fantastic, stupendous responses you have received from all of your children.  I'm thrilled to pieces that all 3 of your children, have accepted and supported your sweetheart unconditionally.  Congratulations are definitely in order for you and your family.

QuoteI do not recall seeing anything being mentioned in your posts, in regards to how you came up with your sweethearts name.

Thanks for the question. I'm working on putting the pieces together.

QuoteI ended up teaching, which resulted in me helping others.  I care for others and hope that they succeed well in their life and this was the way, I could give back, the happiness that I achieved in my life.  My philosophy in life is this in a nut shell, "to pass on my knowledge to others" and this statement is exactly what you are doing and are going to do in the future.

Yes!

Thank you always

Maid Marion

Hi Moonflower

I'd find that exhausting as well.

Good luck with the eye surgery.

Marion
  •  

Sarah B

Hi Moonflower

Nice to see you pop your head around the corner!

Quote from: Moonflower on April 12, 2024, 02:28:34 PMMy wife had a HoLEP procedure April 1 to address her BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), aka, enlarged prostate and large bladder stone. We've been stressed out preparing for her recovery, and then confronting crises during recovery. Exhausting! Her brother was here for a couple days, which was a HUGE help. Maybe next week we'll get back to our normal routines.

I know you popped your head up once or twice during the past couple of weeks, I knew that you must have been busy.

Quote from: Moonflower on April 12, 2024, 02:28:34 PMAccording to
She is the mean age.
She was one of the ~13% who had concurrent urolithiasis (bladder stone) surgery.
Her inability to void was the exception. She needed the catheter for over a week. One of her nurses said that "they" remove catheters too early, to make their measures look good. She said that most patients would benefit from leaving the catheter in for a week instead of removing it in the recovery room.
Her incontinence is mild and vastly preferable to a catheter for her. The catheter tubing kept kinking, which made urine back up painfully in her bladder. She has been pain free since the catheter was removed yesterday. Ahhhhhh! Relief!
She's not peeing like a racehorse yet, but her flow and frequency are better than ever already. I was expecting that she would need additional treatment to enlarge her urethra, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Phew!

As you aware I have the same condition BPH.  I have yet to talk to my GP about what I'm going to do about it.  I remember in the long distance past how good my weeing was.  Now not so much now,

Its good to hear your wife is recovering well, despite the drama's going on around you.  Your wife's brother helping out is amazing.  Does he know?  I would assume he does.  In which case that is so good to know.

Spending time around my eldest brother and family, like yesterday was so hilarious, sitting around the kitchen bench, the subject was 'desexing' (meaning me?) and dogs as well.  We were in stiches.

Quote from: Moonflower on April 12, 2024, 02:28:34 PMOur next big event will be cataract surgery for me. I'm a high-risk patient, so I chose the most experienced local ophthalmologist. I'm terrified and excited.

When you have your eye surgery, I hope it goes well for you.  Will you have super vision afterwards?  I hope so!

Quote from: Moonflower on April 12, 2024, 02:38:43 PM@Sarah B
Thank you!

Thanks for the question. I'm working on putting the pieces together.

Yes!

Thank you always

I will wait for your replies to my question/s patiently.  Just remember you do not have to answer them.  Anyway it's nice to hear from again.  Obviously I look forward to hearing more from you and what happens in and around your family.

Love and Hugs Always
Sarah B
Official Greeter
@Moonflower
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story

imallie

Quote from: Moonflower on April 12, 2024, 02:28:34 PMMy wife had a HoLEP procedure April 1 to address her BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), aka, enlarged prostate and large bladder stone. We've been stressed out preparing for her recovery, and then confronting crises during recovery. Exhausting! Her brother was here for a couple days, which was a HUGE help. Maybe next week we'll get back to our normal routines.

According to
She is the mean age.

Our next big event will be cataract surgery for me. I'm a high-risk patient, so I chose the most experienced local ophthalmologist. I'm terrified and excited.

Glad things turned out well with your wife!

Good luck with the cataract surgery - that can absolutely be life changing! I completely understand why you're so excited!!!

Moonflower

Hi Sarah! I'm working on getting caught up here. I see from your recent post that you and I are the same age! Nice!

Quote from: Sarah B on April 12, 2024, 03:24:21 PMAs you aware I have the same condition BPH.

Yes. I wrote about it with you in mind. Her catheter is out. We're glad that she had it while she was too inflamed to otherwise pee at all. Now, we're glad it's out, especially because she can pee better than ever! She sleeps for more than an hour at a time! The post surgical incontinence and other ailments are improving!

QuoteDoes he know?

Yes. He might have been the second person (I was first) who she told. That was probably late in 2018.

QuoteWhen you have your eye surgery, I hope it goes well for you.  Will you have super vision afterwards?  I hope so!

Thank you 🥰😍

I hope so, but I'm high risk, so we'll see what's possible, (pun not intended but enjoyed).

QuoteLove and Hugs Always
Sarah B
Official Greeter

Love and hugs always to you, too!
  •