Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Can you be happy, if you stay in the closet

Started by helenmarie, October 14, 2018, 09:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jk4361

the thought of going out into the world is a worrisome one for me.
perhaps one day I will be ok with going public but for now prefer to remain a private dresser and I feel happy with that for now...
  •  

Wendi

I spent many years in the closet and it worked for me. The urge to go out kept getting stronger and stronger for me so I took the ball and ran with it. I'm happy I did as I feel really go out in public dressed but that's me now.

If you're fine staying in the closet there's nothing wrong with it. At least you're getting a chance to feel what it's like to me more feminine.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

ramilove

I think so and people should be happy. Happy in the closet, happy out of the closet, everybody is different, living different lives with different people. What works for one person may not work for another. Myself, right now I am happy out in the open being androgynous, partly male, partly female, gender non conformists who is most happy just being myself.
  •  

randim

It is a very individual thing, but I am finding it hard to stay closeted.  We are social beings, and essentially hiding such an important part of your core self from the world runs counter to our nature.  It makes it difficult to feel truly accepted.I think of that old motivational poster about boats being safe in the harbor, but that's not what boats are for.  Along those lines, you don't need cute shoes just to walk around the house.
  •  

Maid Marion

I've often gone to company dinners and outings and ate with the known gays and lesbians.  Never had any issues socializing with them.
  •  

Rayna

To update my response from last November 10th, I'm now more Ok in public places. I've also evolved more into an androgynous and non-binary presentation. I haven't worn makeup in over a month, yet I wear femme shirts, hats and pants publicly. I went grocery shopping in a very busy store that way today. No problems and I liked the way I felt out where I was visible. As @randim said, we are social beings and it feels good to be with others.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Wendi

Quote from: RandyL on May 18, 2019, 11:38:56 PM
To update my response from last November 10th, I'm now more Ok in public places. I've also evolved more into an androgynous and non-binary presentation. I haven't worn makeup in over a month, yet I wear femme shirts, hats and pants publicly. I went grocery shopping in a very busy store that way today. No problems and I liked the way I felt out where I was visible. As @randim said, we are social beings and it feels good to be with others.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad you felt good. I do the same thing sometimes if I don't have time to get dolled up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

•