Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Shopping tip

Started by Megan0000, November 10, 2018, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan0000

I hope this helps,. The other day I was shopping for my wife's birthday. For me I've never been comfortable shopping in the make up or womens sections of a store. While out I wanted to get some makeup, a nice makeup bag for me. As normal I circled the areas being afraid  to go in.  I had a carry basket and decided to go do other shopping. After getting  a couple things  I remember I needed birthday  wrapping paper and a card. After adding those items and  a big pink birthday bag I realized  there would be no judgement  because obviously I'm shopping for gifts. So into the dreaded makeup section I went. On the isle I went where the makeup bags were  there were 3 ladies, I felt like I was wearing armor. I even felt brave enough to solisit  opinion from the ladies 2 of which were teenage girls. I held up the bag I wanted and said " ladies if it was you which would you rather use a tackle box or this bag"?  They all answered saying the bag and laughed. The older lady told a short story of using a tackle box once. The two teenage girls continue helping  me shop answering questions and giving me advice. Yes under the assumption it was for my wife. Yes I know I'm chicken. It was so fun and wonderful shopping and not being afraid. Along the way more women chimed in with opinions and advice. So my tip get a roll of wrapping paper  and you get a pass.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Megan0000 on November 10, 2018, 09:42:28 AM
I hope this helps,. The other day I was shopping for my wife's birthday. For me I've never been comfortable shopping in the make up or womens sections of a store. While out I wanted to get some makeup, a nice makeup bag for me. As normal I circled the areas being afraid  to go in.  I had a carry basket and decided to go do other shopping. After getting  a couple things  I remember I needed birthday  wrapping paper and a card. After adding those items and  a big pink birthday bag I realized  there would be no judgement  because obviously I'm shopping for gifts. So into the dreaded makeup section I went. On the isle I went where the makeup bags were  there were 3 ladies, I felt like I was wearing armor. I even felt brave enough to solisit  opinion from the ladies 2 of which were teenage girls. I held up the bag I wanted and said " ladies if it was you which would you rather use a tackle box or this bag"?  They all answered saying the bag and laughed. The older lady told a short story of using a tackle box once. The two teenage girls continue helping  me shop answering questions and giving me advice. Yes under the assumption it was for my wife. Yes I know I'm chicken. It was so fun and wonderful shopping and not being afraid. Along the way more women chimed in with opinions and advice. So my tip get a roll of wrapping paper  and you get a pass.

@Megan0000
Dear Megan:
You are the brave one.   Kudos to you for taking your initial steps to venture into female territory.   Soon enough as you keep getting out there, it will become easier and easier in the future and you will not have to hide behind the facade of shopping for your wife....   be confident and continue to be brave.

Thanks your for posting and sharing.

Wishing your well,
Danielle   
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

AnneK

Many years ago, I was also scared to go shopping for female clothes, initially pantyhose or stockings.  However, I eventually got up enough courage to tell the clerk I was shopping for myself and found that made things a lot easier.  The clerks tended to be very helpful.  I'd even go to one store where there were three older women working.  They couldn't do enough for me.  They'd make suggestions and bring items to try to the change room.  They even took a picture of me.  There are also some stores, such as the one where I by my bras, that make a point of fitting men.  In fact, clerks in that store have to be prepared to fit men, if they want to work there.

So, quit hiding and you'll find things go a lot easier.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Megan0000

THANK YOU ❤❤❤XOXOXO
  •  

Denice

Quote from: AnneK on November 10, 2018, 12:42:53 PM
Many years ago, I was also scared to go shopping for female clothes, initially pantyhose or stockings.  However, I eventually got up enough courage to tell the clerk I was shopping for myself and found that made things a lot easier.  The clerks tended to be very helpful.  I'd even go to one store where there were three older women working.  They couldn't do enough for me.  They'd make suggestions and bring items to try to the change room.  They even took a picture of me.  There are also some stores, such as the one where I by my bras, that make a point of fitting men.  In fact, clerks in that store have to be prepared to fit men, if they want to work there.

So, quit hiding and you'll find things go a lot easier.

So true! We're really in a happy place. Brick and mortar stores are happy when dollars are floating in from whoever, so get while the getting is good.

My next goal is to get fitted and buy a bra. I'm sure I'm a 44B, but best to do it right.
I'm a man. I like being a man. I also love wearing women's clothing. It's my way to show honor, respect and solidarity with them.
  •