Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Why so Soon

Started by Frostey, September 23, 2018, 11:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frostey

Hy, my first post so it's nice to meet everyone.

I'm mtf  and I've just started HRT.  I'm on day 10 of estradiol (told to and takeing sublingualy), progesterone and finnistrad.  <Dosages removed by moderator>  And I was under the impression it would take at least a month for me to notice any changes or affects.

But I noticed on day 3 I started to feel really good and kinda happy,  my wife and I noticed my skin started to feel smoother. And my throat started to feel scratchy

Than yesterday The area around my thighs and butt and the underside of the pec/breast area feels achy and tender. My nipples feel kinda pointy like it's cold out. And I had horrible cramps and muscle spasms in my stomach and I fealt sad and lonely and I started having mood swings from happy to crying.

I new all of this would happen, but I thought it took months.

Should I feel happy,  or concerned.
  •  

Faith

and the answer is ... happy and sad, that's mood swings for you. Concerned? I'd get the cramps and spasms checked out, jic, nothing else stands out (except the nipples :D)

YMMV, Your Mileage May Vary .. everyone is different, age, genetics, previous hormonal balance .. on and on and on.

welcome to Susan's

Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Frostey

Thanks. And yeah I wondered if it was just an everyone's different thing.
  •  

Kendra

Hello Frostey, welcome to Susan's! 

When I started HRT last summer I was hoping to see physical changes within a few weeks or months.  A few physical changes did gradually occur but I was astonished at the almost immediate mental effects I experienced.  Within a day I started seeing and noticing things I had been ignoring.  My sense of smell, touch, and even the way I hear music and conversations.  I think HRT affects the way my brain processes information.  After adjusting to the new normal I realized I had been living with depression which began when I was a teenager.  It's like I am suddenly experiencing the world as I did before my body started amping up the wrong hormones.  I can once again enjoy the sights, scents and sounds of walking through a forest on a nice day instead of focusing on every perceived flaw on every tree. 

This was your first post so I'll add information to help with navigation and site rules.  HRT needs to be customized for every individual by a medical professional so we cannot include specific dosages in posts.

Things that you should read

When you get a chance it would be great if you introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum.

Great to see you here!

Kendra
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jessica

Hi Frostey, I'm Jessica 🌸🌸🌸
I reacted to Estradiol early on also. For me in the beginning, it was a matter for me to get used to it all.  Roller coaster ride to say the least.  It settled down to a large degree once I was comfortable with my medications.
And as Faith mentioned...ymmv!

I see the ever alluring Kendra has given you a warm welcome.  Don't forget to take her up on her advice to visit the links she provided.  They really can be handy.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

@Faith @Kendra

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Frostey
Dear Frostey:
Thank you for your interesting and detailed posting introducing yourself.  Many of our members will now be aware of your arrival to the Forums and will be able to share with you and you with them regarding your questions and comments.

I see that you have already been Officially Welcomed to Susan's Place
by our lovely member @Kendra

Please allow me to also give your a warm Welcome to Susan's Place.
I am thinking that you may have lots more questions and concerns, this is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done that may have been in your circumstances.
Be aware that there are a lot of members here that can identify with your situation..

You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others  and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here on the Forums if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....

***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 
Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace. 

In her Welcome Message  Kendra  included Important LINKS that will tell you about Susan's Place.  Included there is information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.   

Please don't be a stranger, we want to share postings and thoughts with you.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Frostey
Oh, and another thing Frostey:
Just before I let you have your posting back so that other members can comment on your posted thoughts.....   
... as   @Kendra   mentioned in her recent Welcome Message to you earlier today
would you please stop by the  Introductions Forum  to tell more members about yourself and your arrival here on the Forums.  You can include some brief information about yourself so other like-minded members will be able to share with you, and you with them.

If you are one of our younger members, please stop by the Youth Introductions Forum

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

•  

Sabrina Rei

I had a similar initial spike like that but it evened out once my body acclimated to its new normal. My throat started out scratchy like yours but it's fine now too. Additionally, I may get "triggered" sometimes especially when it concerns children (I have a young daughter) but I'm pretty in control of my moods.

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Frostey on September 23, 2018, 11:50:24 AM
Hy, my first post so it's nice to meet everyone.

I'm mtf  and I've just started HRT.  I'm on day 10 of estradiol (told to and takeing sublingualy), progesterone and finnistrad.  <Dosages removed by moderator>  And I was under the impression it would take at least a month for me to notice any changes or affects.

But I noticed on day 3 I started to feel really good and kinda happy,  my wife and I noticed my skin started to feel smoother. And my throat started to feel scratchy

Than yesterday The area around my thighs and butt and the underside of the pec/breast area feels achy and tender. My nipples feel kinda pointy like it's cold out. And I had horrible cramps and muscle spasms in my stomach and I fealt sad and lonely and I started having mood swings from happy to crying.

I new all of this would happen, but I thought it took months.

Should I feel happy,  or concerned.

@Frostey
Dear Frostey:
First and foremost, you should indeed feel happy....  do not be concerned, for what is happening can be quite normal.

Here are some of my thoughts as it may relate to what you might expect from HRT.
First, the transition journey is indeed exciting but the road can also be full of potholes and frustration... that is where this Forum can be helpful.  In your good times we will rejoice with you and in your not so good times we will be there to support you with our thoughts and words... and our virtual hugs.

As has been stated over and over here on the Forums on various posts, HRT will work uniquely in your own unique body. What you read about other transitioning members experiences with HRT most likely will not be identical to your own experiences.
Some will experience more significant changes more quickly and then some will experience less significant changes more slowly....   it is all up to your genes and how your body reacts to the HRT.   Your doctor will  undoubtedly be looking at your frequent blood test results during your journey to determine if any alterations in the HRT regimen are needed.

The adage that you should know about regarding HRT and how it may work for various individuals  is "YMMV"  meaning that Your Mileage May Vary.

PATIENCE is definitely required.... usually not much happens very quickly with HRT... but changes will happen.  Do some reading of other transitioners posts and look at many of the posted HRT timelines and the before and after pictures. ....  they can give you a rough idea of what you MIGHT expect.

Many times the very first noticeable changes can be felt and seen within the first 1 to 3 months... breast tenderness, breast bud lumps forming under the nipples and possibly changes in body hair growth, your own body and urine smell, changes in erections becoming less intense, libido, etc.

Without a doubt this can be very "EXCITING and SCARY all at the same time."   One needs to hang on for an amazing ride.  Some of my best and most appreciated and dramatic body changes happened at about the 5 month point through the start of year #2 of my HRT journey.   
Even though I was able to very successfully pass before I went full-time... when I did go full-time at the 1 1/2 year mark I have been passing 100% of the time.  Of course that is just my own personal experience, I suppose I can thank my unique body makeup and my genes for all that.

One more time.... PATIENCE is required.   The attitude of many people today is "I want it all and I want it now" ... that will not apply to HRT.   You might want to re-read what I just wrote so you can get a good grasp of the details that I mentioned.

I will be looking forward to your continued updates as you feel free to post them.   
Wishing you well,
Danielle

•  

Frostey

Thanks again.

My body does seem to be leveling out.  I've actually started to develop an Ass (hope that words okay) rich has been kinda flattering as people have noticed.

A part of me is happy about the fact it will be a gradual change. Nothing to overwhelming to soon. But I also kinda wish I could jump to the end. So to speak, I figure its going to be an endless journey of discovery and growth and something about that feels like a right of passage or something special that I feel happy and excited to experience.

Oddly my sex drive has been increasing wich I'm not sure if its hoe my body's reacting or psychological or both sensation is changing its interesting.

Did hrt increase anyone else's libido or sensation ? 
  •  

DustKitten

I guess I'm slightly ahead of you on hormones...I got breast buds within maybe 2 weeks? They're rather prominent and sensitive now (at 6 weeks) :P they were aching a bit all day yesterday. So, yeah...changes do start pretty quick for some of us. Are your lips supposed to change color? I swear mine are a different shade of red than they used to be.

Haven't seen a huge change in emotions, but I'm much happier in general, and I have cried over almost-nothing twice. But only twice. I wouldn't consider that a massive difference, but I am in a good mood more often now.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello Frostey

Congratulations on starting HRT on Sept 14th. It is wonderful feeling isn't it? You'll remember that day forever!

Sorry to see you had to suffer spasms just afterwards but glad that progress is now being seen emotionally and physically. Softer skin and breast buds were the early signs for me aswell. My HRT Record is here on HRT Board at page 2.

I wish you every success and happiness as you continue your HRT journey.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: DustKitten on October 12, 2018, 03:15:18 AMAre your lips supposed to change color? I swear mine are a different shade of red than they used to be.
Definitely, that is one of the possible changes that can occur.  It happened to me rather suddenly, somewhere about two months on HRT.  One week, I was putting on lipstick to go to the support group, something I only did weekly, since it was before I was full time.  As I looked in the mirror, I suddenly realized, "Those aren't my lips!"  They had gotten fuller and redder in the space of one week.

One of the fun things on this remarkable journey.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Frostey

Can anyone point me to a MTF HRT photo timeline for someone 8n there 30s.  I keep looking around and  I find alot of teen to early 20s and a few 50+

But its been really hard to see find someone in my age group that has a timeline I can look to for guidance or  comparison or just kinda what to I can see is possible  and relate to
  •  

Sonja

@Frostey

Have a look through the posts from these users, they are in their 30's and have pics up, you can find them looking through their older posts.

emma-f   - 37yo before and after.
SiobhánF   - 34yo  a beautiful WIP  - like all of us ;-)
Rachel_Christina  - Rachels 28 but she's got pics up through her timeline.

Hope it helps,

Sonja.
  •  

Frostey

Any chance you can link me, I've tried searching and always get "access forbidden"
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello again Frostey

You can view before and after pictures on Transsexual Talk MTF Board now.

After 15 posts you will gain further access rights.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Frostey

•