Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Expected Levels for t on HRT

Started by esphoria, October 14, 2018, 03:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esphoria

Hey guys as of late i've been running into a huge issue, I have had debilitating fatigue (awake time is typically around 4-6 hours, less if i walk even around a store). I'm m2f btw

I just got into the doctors to get my blood drawn, when i got my results back on Saturday I noticed that I had very low vitamin d and my t didn't even register on the test (it said 2.34>). now i'm a bit concerned that i may be on too high of dose of the blocker or that my body isn't capable of producing t anymore. Does anyone here know what the t level should be around (any units are fine i can convert) and if low t could also be a contributing factor to my tiredness. I noticed that cis women should been in the high teens at least, and i'm uncertain if trans women can use cis women guidelines and if we would see the similar issues associated with low t.

So the tldr is what levels of testosterone should i be seeing on my blood work? and would we experience similar issues to that of cis women when we have low t?

I refuse to let negativity define me, I've let enough of others define me for long enough, I'm going to be the person I set out to be even if that means I drag myself kicking and screaming over thresholds to become the most amazing version of me.
Cheesy? Maybe... but why should that stop me ;)

-Jess

~-"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. "
  •  

Devlyn

My doctor aims for normal female range of both E and T, which is where my levels are, and I feel great. Some people want their T crushed down to zero. It really comes down to where you feel good. Discuss it with your prescriber.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

esphoria

Ok good to know, I already messaged them but sometimes they respond rather slowly. Just a bit worried about it is all. ty for the quick response
I refuse to let negativity define me, I've let enough of others define me for long enough, I'm going to be the person I set out to be even if that means I drag myself kicking and screaming over thresholds to become the most amazing version of me.
Cheesy? Maybe... but why should that stop me ;)

-Jess

~-"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. "
  •  

Veronica J

its entirely possible your E levels arent high enough. if both are low you can get the same result. if you are on a high dose of blocker you could simple halve it for a couple of days and see what happens. my suspicion tho is your E levels are not high enough.

it took me some time to get used my levels, like you my T is very depressed and low as well. my E wasn't high enough, it was increased and i am back to normal now. tho i need around 8 hours sleep per night or the bitch of tiredness says hello.

As for vitamin D, thats fairly simple. during summer spend time daily outside in the sun. If around noon you dont need much time in the sun.

QuoteWhen your skin is exposed to sunlight, it makes vitamin D from cholesterol. The sun's ultraviolet B (UVB) rays hit cholesterol in the skin cells, providing the energy for vitamin D synthesis to occur..

here is a page https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun#overview

read the site, much good information.
  •  

pamelatransuk

Hello Esphoria

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,240175.msg2170247.html#msg2170247

I am also interested in expected levels of E&T and I just thought you may like to see the tables in my thread in which so many of us have kindly provided their readings. Whereas I am obviously comparing and examining results, I believe that each individual is different and hence would have different theoretical "target range".

Good luck with your doctor.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

KathyLauren

My doctor aims to have my T less than 2 nmol/l and my E between 400 and 600 pmol/l.  In fact, my T is less than 0.1 nmol/l, meaning that it is too low to measure accurately.  My doctor is happy with that result, as am I.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Becca Kay

The goal should me managing your t and e levels so they fall within a normal female range.  Which for T is 15 and 70 ng/d

Having unmeasurable T levels is not considered ideal, and could potentially cause health problems.  Many post op trans women are prescribed T because of this.  Cis women with T levels that low are often prescribed T as well.

I am pre op.  My T levels were close to zero on my last blood test (with low dose Spiro)  My E levels were 150 on a modest dose of estradiol. I react very well to oral estradiol. My doctor stated that if my T levels stayed that low on my next blood test we would discuss stopping Spiro completely. 

•