News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Am I intersex? Could be!

Started by Linde, October 22, 2018, 12:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josie76

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on November 15, 2018, 03:40:48 AM
I always wished to be intersex so that I could have a physical excuse for the way I am.
I have something similar to what you described with my anus being abit funny or deeply set, but between it and the penis there is a small opening about an inch long, maybe half an inch deep. If I open it, the skin inside is a different colour like pinkish and it's sensitive.
I always though it could be a strange sign.
But I don't genuinely don't think I'm intersex, maybe a test some day may confirm it.

Rachel, that sounds like a partial unfused raphe. If its right at the base of you scrotum, then yeah, its what would have remained the lower 1/3 of a vagina. Assuming you have/had a normal scrotum? If you are lying down and spread out your legs does the skin come back more or less flush, or does it remain a depression? That might also give you a better idea of how much it may have remained in the feminine form.
You don't need to answer that here if you dont want to. Just something to think about.

But yes, even if it was just by odd chance, you would fit the definition od intersex. It doesn't have to be chromosomal or gene related. It includes any genital misfformation or internal organ formation other than "normal" binary.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Rachel_Christina

I was never told anything about it. My mum didn't want to see it when I took pics of it once haha,
I kinda wanted opinions is all. Also to show some sort of sign that I am this way other than what everyone thinks ( we are nuts)
I feel pretty though, thank god. I just feel totally right now, totally confident in myself.

And yeah Josie, I have to open it with my fingers, inside does look to be a funny colour. But maybe and unclosed raphe does sound like it's in the right position for that possibility.
But the rest of me is perfectly normal as regards a man D:

•  

Linde

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on November 16, 2018, 12:05:14 PM

And yeah Josie, I have to open it with my fingers, inside does look to be a funny colour. But maybe and unclosed raphe does sound like it's in the right position for that possibility.
But the rest of me is perfectly normal as regards a man D:
Any skin that is inside a fold has a different color and texture than exposed skin.  If it would be left over from a vagina, the inside should be some kind of mucous membrane.  Which means, a different texture than skin and probably excreting some moisture. 
My little "hole" is to small to allow for any guesses, I need a Q-tip to clean it. 
If you are really in doubt, you should see a doctor and have the doc take a look at it.  Self diagnosis is always dangerous (I am a medical professional, and tend to do this, but I should not o it either)

Concerning your looks, you are a pretty girl, no doubts about this!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Myranda

Quote from: Dietlind on October 27, 2018, 12:16:00 AM
I am a study object of the RIGHT 10K study
(https://oneome.com/news-and-events/oneome-collaborates-on-nation-s-largest-population-based-pharmacogenomics-study),
and this means my entire genome is available to Baylor University and Mayo University.
I am currently in contact with May to see if they can use this study to find out what my genetic makeup concerning intersex is.
An interesting fact I learned from the study (they shared my results with me) that all the opioides everybody is concerned with currently, don't do anything to me!  My metabolism will not process them and they just go in and out, but they would not work as pain meds either!  I hope they find a good one for the case that I am ready for bottom surgery!

How did you get involved in that study?

•  

Linde

Quote from: Myranda on December 06, 2018, 03:44:22 PM
How did you get involved in that study?
I worked together  with the Mayo clinic University on a variety of research projects. And theyw ere looking for volunteers to participate in this study.  They were looking for certain demographics, and I fit the requirements.  As a thank you their shared my individual results with me.

•  

Myranda

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on November 15, 2018, 03:40:48 AM
I always wished to be intersex so that I could have a physical excuse for the way I am.
I have something similar to what you described with my anus being abit funny or deeply set, but between it and the penis there is a small opening about an inch long, maybe half an inch deep. If I open it, the skin inside is a different colour like pinkish and it's sensitive.
I always though it could be a strange sign.
But I don't genuinely don't think I'm intersex, maybe a test some day may confirm it.

For the last several years after I first heard of the term intersex or Klinefelter syndrome, I began to wish that I too  had a genetic make up to support this to at least help give me a reason to feel the confusion that I feel.  Sadly that was ruled out when I had genetic testing done when my then wife and I were seeking fertility help.  To this day, they have no explanation as to why my T is low.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Myranda on December 06, 2018, 04:20:28 PM
For the last several years after I first heard of the term intersex or Klinefelter syndrome, I began to wish that I too  had a genetic make up to support this to at least help give me a reason to feel the confusion that I feel.  Sadly that was ruled out when I had genetic testing done when my then wife and I were seeking fertility help.  To this day, they have no explanation as to why my T is low.
It almost seems to be that here is a million and a half different versions ans combinations of intersex syndromes.  If the lab is not advised to look for certain chromosome combinations and genetic markers on those, nobody might ever find the reason why you are different.  We are just at the early morning of all this genetic and chromosome mapping and research.
I went through most of my life, and that as a medical professional very deeply involved in microbiology, and had no idea what was going on with me.  I could have done the testing myself, I had the alb equipment to do it, but I had no idea what to look for where!  I just knew that I was different.  If my breasts would not have started to grow, and if I would not have gotten the results from my genome analysis, I would not have started to look around and insisted on testing.  Now, after putting the individual puzzle pieces together, I can form a picture in my mind,on what was going on with me.  But I know only about the rather easy mutation of my body, the XXY chromosome structure, but I have the feeling that there is something else outside the norm going on with me.  But, again, I don't know what to look for.  I am pretty good in microbiology, but genetics is another absolutely different playing field.

What I want to say, you may as well be an intersex person, ne just has not yet discovered your mutation, because it might lay outside of the commonly looked at pattern of chromosome arrangements.

If you are outside of the appearance or conditions of the general public, it is very likely that a mutation has occurred while you were developing inside your mothers womb!

•  

Marcie237

I love your sig.

I don't know your age, but many many years ago intersexed people sometimes wound up institutionalized, simply because they were different and society wasn't able to fit them in.  So parents and doctors very often hid the truth.  An infinity of times when I was growing up and questioning, I was told I was "normal" - end of discussion.  Now I laugh, but they were truly frightened for my safety and well being, but couldn't express it.

This verification to post keeps asking me if I am human. I tell it yes because I doubt it would accept a "no" answer. :)  we have to laugh at all this insanity!
No pain, no pain. - I suggest gentle and persistent. (GCS 1975)
  •  

Linde

Quote from: kristiM on December 07, 2018, 11:08:35 PM
I love your sig.

I don't know your age, but many many years ago intersexed people sometimes wound up institutionalized, simply because they were different and society wasn't able to fit them in.  So parents and doctors very often hid the truth.  An infinity of times when I was growing up and questioning, I was told I was "normal" - end of discussion.  Now I laugh, but they were truly frightened for my safety and well being, but couldn't express it.

This verification to post keeps asking me if I am human. I tell it yes because I doubt it would accept a "no" answer. :)  we have to laugh at all this insanity!

I was almost 20 years old, when Klinefelter made the discovery of XXY chromosomes in rats! I was over 40 years old, when they found a correlation of the rat data in humans!  Yes, there were hermaphrodites know  at that time, but hey were mostly attractions in carnivals.  I am sure that my parents did not want me to be displayed as such an attraction.

If you consider that the large majority of people have still not heard about the fact that there are people living among them, who are neither male nor female (biologically), but mostly present themselves as either of the two genders.
And this clearly shows that we are still trying to fly underneath the radar of general acceptance.

•  

Marcie237

yep!

edit: and then there's the shame of hatching a kid that isn't perfect. still to this day.
  •  

Linde

I just found out that I have another mutated chromosome inside my body!  I have the MYH16 chromosome mutation!

This is another nice on, cause it is responsible for the fact that I never developed any wisdom teeth!  Yeah!! No problem for this girl to ever have them to be dug out in an extremely painfull procedure!

If I do more research on the intersex ting, I might come to the conclusion that I am not human, but some strange alien life form, which was forgotten on earth when the spaceship left!
Who knows, I might be Superman's older sister and should find my way back to Krypton?????

•  

Marcie237

Go for it!!! :)

How did you find this out?
  •