Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I AM THERE! I need to plan to just come out to everyone. ADVICE PLEASE!

Started by Marcieelizabeth, October 23, 2018, 08:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcieelizabeth

Hi all, 

I am Marcie, Ive been on HRT for a year, and I am out to my immediate family, -wife and kids, and a few friends and relatives who are very good I hope at keeping the secret.  I am at a point I need to come out and just be myself to a myriad of people; my family, sisters, sister and brother-in laws, close friends, others at church, work...  I was hoping maybe those who have done this and those near this popint can help with their experiences, and ideas about how to get the word out to everyone.  I mean who did you tell face to face, or in a face to face video format, and who did you write to, were ther groups who you gave a different message than pothers.  I am thinking if I end up with a letter to others I should keep it simple and let them ask if they want more. I do have a couple of really good friends nearby that will help if I ask... Not sure I cvould do it at all otherwise.

Any help or experiences would be wonderful to hear!

Love and hugs from me at this critical time...or so it feels. 

Marci
:-*

First memory of cross-dressing - age 8 - 1967
Marcie Since 6-17-17   :D
Out to wife 6-27-17  :D :D
Started HRT 10-13-17  :D :D :D
First time completely me at therapy on 10-31-17 <3
Started Finestrade on 11-1-17 <3
Estradiol and Spiro to therapeutic levels on 12-4-17
Went out totally as Marcie with friends sans beard 3-24-18
Estradiol increased second time 3-27-18
Out to both sisters 2-3-19

...it makes me smile to know its me, fearful about losing the good things in my life, anxious about every single step, doubting my resolve, determined to stop living a lie,  VERY hopeful for the future as myself, Marcie, and I am thankful to have this safe place
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Marcieelizabeth on October 23, 2018, 08:20:59 AM
Hi all, 

I am Marcie, Ive been on HRT for a year, and I am out to my immediate family, -wife and kids, and a few friends and relatives who are very good I hope at keeping the secret.  I am at a point I need to come out and just be myself to a myriad of people; my family, sisters, sister and brother-in laws, close friends, others at church, work...  I was hoping maybe those who have done this and those near this popint can help with their experiences, and ideas about how to get the word out to everyone.  I mean who did you tell face to face, or in a face to face video format, and who did you write to, were ther groups who you gave a different message than pothers.  I am thinking if I end up with a letter to others I should keep it simple and let them ask if they want more. I do have a couple of really good friends nearby that will help if I ask... Not sure I cvould do it at all otherwise.

Any help or experiences would be wonderful to hear!

Love and hugs from me at this critical time...or so it feels. 

Marci

@Marcieelizabeth
Dear Marci:
I have been pondering about how to advise you about coming out to everyone ever since I saw you posting several hours ago this morning. 
Everyone's situation with family, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, etc...
...is unique and there is not one-size-fits-all solution as far as I can see.

I wanted to make certain that I was not the subject of the gossip circles so in my own situation I made a point of revealing my "secret" whenever I could in a personal face-to-face announcement.  As it is for most of us, it was difficult at first but with each coming out announcement, it became easier and easier.  I have said this before, it is like a big heavy weight is lifted off of our shoulders, and off of our mind.   
Obviously there will be those that do not readily accept our transition but I found that I had a lot more acceptance that I thought that I would.

Regarding coming out to others that you do not meet face to face... personally I don't think that sending a video or even a letter works well for all of those on your list, although I know of some other transitioners here on the forums have successfully sent coming out letters.  I am thinking that perhaps something on your Social Media pages might work well.   For others that you want to come-out to perhaps a phone call will be a good way to go.

Anyway.....  the fact that you have already come-out to the ones that you are closest to is a very good start...  the hard part is over....... now on to all the others.

I am wishing you well and am looking forward to your future updates about all of this. 
Oh, by the way, it is so nice to see that you have changed your profile Avatar photo to a real photo of yourself, that is a big step in your self-confidence...  keep on keeping on.
Thank you for sharing.

Hugs and hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

KathyLauren

There is no one right way to do it.  Much will depend on your relationships with the various people.

For relatives and friends across the country, I sent emails.  Some were personalized (immediate family); some were cut & pasted with some personalized details.  For a couple of groups that I am a member of, I sent emails to the group mailing lists.

For people I interact with regularly, mostly neighbours, I came out in person.  There were a couple of community groups I came out to where I was concerned about the spread of gossip.  I had to plan the order and timing of my announcements so control the gossip.  There were some people that I didn't want to hear by gossip, so those were the ones I told first.  People whom I didn't care if they heard by gossip, I told a couple of days later.

Good luck, however you do it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •