Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Politics and this site

Started by Susan, October 21, 2018, 03:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadieBlake

QuotegingerViktorKay on Yesterday at 11:19:40 pm
Sadly enough there are groups of gay and lesbian people who do not accept transgender people. The division is already here.

A house divided against itself will not stand
Quote from: Dietlind on October 24, 2018, 07:28:45 AM
It gets worse, there is a group of transgender people who consider anybody, who did not transition in childhood as not real trans.  If you ever used your sexual organ to create a child, you cannot be transgender I was told.  I am only a horny old guy who jumps the transgender bandwagon to be ale to spy on the transgender people and get high on this!!

That is what I was told (not in this group, though).  How can you expect lesbians or gay people to react different if there is a transgender police out there who decides who is transgender and who not?

I'm sorry, I get tired of hearing this. You think LGB aren't perfect allies today? Some feminists are terfy?

Try 20 years ago. Terf was the mainstream of feminist thinking and the Advocate was running editorials about why LGB must not accept adding "T". Today the mainstream is intersectionality, the LGBT movement is certainly more unified than not.

Don't like that some younger trans people are wary of older? Locally a few months ago, I kid you not someone apparently trans created a Meetup group named "young s[word not allowed on Susan's] or mtf transgender". The name and group description could not have felt more icky and was clearly attracting pervs interested in trans women.

If I were teen or twenty something I wouldn't have to see many of those to conclude that older trans women are something to avoid. Welcome to gender politics, it happens, move along.

Yes, as we become more visible there's some backlash and (minority) terfs are becoming vocal in some places. My experience has been the LGBT and feminist communities are far more welcoming than they used to be.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Alice V

Elite separate themselves in every group, guess it's humanity trait. And since transgenders are humans, well, we have such persons who consider themselves "true" in our numbers too. So, basically, there's nothing unusual.
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •