Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

This is an open web site

Started by Susan, October 26, 2018, 12:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

This website was founded on the simple principle that the information it provides would be open and freely accessible to all!

I remember growing up and not being able to attend the Southern Comfort Conference in Nashville Tennessee just 45 minutes away because I could not afford the price of admission! When I founded this website, I vowed that that would never happen to another transgender person on my watch.

I could easily have used the grounds of protecting member privacy to justify charging a subscription for access to the information in question and would make a lot of money from doing so. But some people who need it would be unable to access the information and companionship that might literally save their lives.

Each post, thread, and story can be found through search engines which is the most common way that people discover this website. Many of the members who come here are in a state of crisis.

We provide guidance during the registration process to potential members which includes an admonishment not to give out personal information! We encourage people to use aliases and alternate social media accounts.

Member profiles are not viewable by new members until they have made multiple posts, which makes them inaccessible to nonregistered users and search engines. IP addresses and member emails are only available to trusted site staff.

For sensitive topics which necessarily would require exposing personal information, we provide a number of member-only forums, including peer groups for the various segments of our community.

In short, we do everything we can to protect your information while at the same time maintaining an open and accessible website, which is at the core of our mission of support to the Transgender and Non-binary Community.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Alice V

I mentioned that to few people and I wanna repeat it: protection of our info is our own task. It's internet, and if some person would really wish it can learn any info you left here. So be smart, share info if you sure it won't make any harm, use vpn and ssh to protect your connection if you feel it neccessary.

Susan can do what she described, and it helps in our protection, but it really up to us to keep things safe. Our security is in our hands.
"Don't try and blame me for your sins,
For the sun has burn me black.
Your hollow lives, this world in which we live -
I hurl it back."©Bruce Dickinson

My place
  •