News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What is your favorite makeup item?

Started by ChrissyRyan, October 28, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 01, 2018, 04:46:21 PM
Eyeshadow and eyeliner for sure. I love  subtle yet smokey eye look. I've got nice brown eyes and love to make them stand out more with the right colors and shades. Maybe once I reach the required post count I can show off a little. I'm no makeup expert, but I know my way around a brush set so to speak lol
I for one, could use all the help and information I can get!  I don't know how you ladies do that with your eyes, if I came even close with anything, they shut up like Fort Knox!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: Dietlind on December 01, 2018, 06:24:11 PM
I for one, could use all the help and information I can get!  I don't know how you ladies do that with your eyes, if I came even close with anything, they shut up like Fort Knox!

I'd be happy to lend tips. I'm only 28 but I've been playing with makeup since I was 10 and wore it frequently in high school. Like I said. I'm no expert, but I can get by lol
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 01, 2018, 08:09:09 PM
I'd be happy to lend tips. I'm only 28 but I've been playing with makeup since I was 10 and wore it frequently in high school. Like I said. I'm no expert, but I can get by lol
Thanks, for me you would have to write a manual "how to".  First I would need to know how to put anything on or around my eyes.  i can't even come close to them and the lids shut down for good!

•  

Sky1090

Quote from: Dietlind on December 01, 2018, 08:17:40 PM
Thanks, for me you would have to write a manual "how to".  First I would need to know how to put anything on or around my eyes.  i can't even come close to them and the lids shut down for good!

Highlight and shadow the right areas. As for eyes closing when you bring the pencil or brush to your eye, try focusing strictly on your reflection. Your brain is naturally sending sensors to your eyes saying "something is coming in! Shut down!" I struggled with that for a while but after a lot of practice, I finally overcame it.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Sky1090 on December 02, 2018, 08:53:29 AM
Highlight and shadow the right areas. As for eyes closing when you bring the pencil or brush to your eye, try focusing strictly on your reflection. Your brain is naturally sending sensors to your eyes saying "something is coming in! Shut down!" I struggled with that for a while but after a lot of practice, I finally overcame it.
I have the additional problem that I have to wear glasses (a thing of old age), when I want to see something closer.  And glasses and the eye make up process don't compliment each other very well!

•  

ChrissyRyan

I still think that lipstick and lipgloss are what I like the most.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Roxanne90

Mascara! And nail polish, too! My favourites are a fandango one and a scarlet one that belonged to my sister before she moved out.:)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I still think it is lipstick.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

LizK

No contest for me....got to have the lippy...
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Mascara is the one item that I cannot go without.
I can leave the house wearing only mascara and still feel confident! :)

•  

Megan.

Lippy - my normal go-to day brand/colour being Lipstick Queen - Morning Sunshine.

This is my day look for work. Matt foundation, blusher, mascara, brow liner and some lipstick.

I'll often go without any at weekends. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Chloe

Living in the sunny South as I do . . .

Would say SPF foundation is my one must have, goto item!
Quotethe elephant in the room: flashback

Comes in 15, 20, 23(?), 25, 30, 50+ in a varying variety of cover & shades!
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

CynthiaAnn

•  

Peach

Mascara and a lipstick, that's all that I need.  :icon_chick:
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Peach on April 18, 2019, 11:58:55 AM
Mascara and a lipstick, that's all that I need.  :icon_chick:

That sounds good to me Peach!

Chrissy
  •  

ChrissyRyan

I think that I will still say lipstick.
But using less makeup is better for me, and easier.  Less is more.  But a little can make a nice difference.

Chrissy

•