Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Referal for hormones

Started by AnneK, November 05, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

I still wear a bra when it's hot.  They're just uncomfortable then.

Incidentally, yesterday I noticed a tingling feeling in my penis.  Is this a normal experience when starting hormones?  I haven't felt it since and don't recall experiencing it before.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

AnneK

One thing I've noticed is I can't wait to take my next dose of HRT.  I take it first thing in the morning, but spend the rest of the day looking forward to the next morning.  I recall reading here, a while ago, about someone who waited a while trying to get up the nerve to take the first pill.  That certainly didn't happen with me.  I took it as soon as I got my prescription home.  I just couldn't wait any longer.  In fact, I was tempted to take it as soon as I had paid for it at the pharmacy.

Has anyone else experienced this sort of feeling?
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

Rachel

Hi Annie, congratulations.

As the HRT switches your from a T based to an E based primary sex hormone your gonads may ache as well as your penis. If you have an erection it may become painful as the tissue had not expanded for a while.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

AnneK

I have been on HRT for 11 days.  It could be my imagination, but I seem to be filling my bra a bit more.  Is it too soon for growth?

•  

jkredman

Quote from: AnneK on April 18, 2019, 04:43:25 PM
I was just reading through the information sheet that came with my estradiol.  It's obvious it wasn't written with trans women in mind.   ;)

I have thought about this for many years and after I asked my doctor for the referral, I had moments when I wondered if I was doing the right thing.  Now, though, there's absolutely no doubt I am.  I couldn't wait to take the first pill yesterday and now look forward to the next one, and the next, and the...

I am very happy I've started this phase of my life and waiting to see the physical results.  They can't come soon enough!
Anne

Congratulations.

I pray your big win comes about the same time mine did. 

Roughly 4 weeks after starting HRT I finally felt at peace with myself.  That was this last Christmas.

Now I enjoy each day as it comes.  Each day I'm a little more feminine.   Where my transition journey will lead; I don't care.  That peace was all I ever wanted.

(OH, yes I have growing boobs!  ;-). )
Kate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

AnneK

I've now been on HRT for 17 days.  I get the impression my breasts are a bit fuller and look more feminine.  I hope what I'm seeing is real!

•  

AnneK

One other thing I've noticed is I seem to be bumping a breast with my arms more often.

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: AnneK on May 06, 2019, 10:00:50 AM
One other thing I've noticed is I seem to be bumping a breast with my arms more often.

Yeah, that'll happen.  :o
  •  

AnneK

I wasn't sure if it's real or not, as according to timelines I've read, it should start around 3 months and I haven't hit 3 weeks yet.  However, my bra seems fuller and I've noticed a more feminine profile.  I haven't noticed buds yet.

•  

GinaG

Anne we are in close synch. I started Hrt on. 4/15.   It is difficult to say how much has changed.  Breasts are a little sensitive..  Real calm though.  I am 67.  I am outside Cleveland. Things here are very supportive,  my wife says I am more relaxed and it shows.  Patience, Sister!   

Gina
  •  

AnneK

QuotePatience, Sister!

I guess I'll just have to hurry up and wait!   ;)

•  

AnneK

QuoteHowever, my bra seems fuller and I've noticed a more feminine profile.

Also, I wear a bra 24 hours/day.  Hopefully that might influence shape.

•  

jkredman

Quote from: AnneK on May 06, 2019, 10:09:08 PM
Also, I wear a bra 24 hours/day.  Hopefully that might influence shape.
Hi Anne:

I don't know if it will influence shape, but it will protect your growing girls!

For me, from about 1 month to 4 months on HRT, any bump or rub caused a very intense neurological response.  We'll just call it pain!  The extra layer of covering protected them some and made for a less intense neurological response. ;-)

Kate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

Allie Jayne

Quote from: AnneK on April 19, 2019, 01:17:38 PM
I still wear a bra when it's hot.  They're just uncomfortable then.

Incidentally, yesterday I noticed a tingling feeling in my penis.  Is this a normal experience when starting hormones?  I haven't felt it since and don't recall experiencing it before.

Anne, I am also 65, and started HRT in March, and have had no noticeable changes, except...... I am starting to have morning half erections, and my penis is slightly larger. I have had low T for years, so didn't need Spiro. My outy had almost shrunk to be an innie, and I was having trouble with my urine stream going all over the place, but since starting E, I have enough penis to at least manipulate a stream direction. I can even use a urinal which hasn't been possible for some time. I'm guessing the hormone has woken up my system and I'm going through some reactions, and I'll talk to my Endo about it at my next review soon, but it certainly hasn't been what I was expecting!

Allie
  •  

AnneK

QuoteHowever, my bra seems fuller and I've noticed a more feminine profile.

A couple of things I've noticed.  First, my right breast used to be a bit larger than the left.  That's now reversed.  Also, they seem to be growing on the side towards my arms.

•  

AnneK

I just noticed something else.  As I was about to get dressed, I looked in the mirror and saw what might be the areola:growing on my right breast.  When I examined it closer, I found a small area, just above the nipple that has similar texture to the areola.  Is this the way the areola normally grows?

•  

jkredman

Just wait until they grow enough that you feel movement (jiggling) when you walk.  Talk about a weird and at the same time exciting sensation....

Kate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: jkredman on May 08, 2019, 06:38:44 PM
Just wait until they grow enough that you feel movement (jiggling) when you walk.  Talk about a weird and at the same time exciting sensation....

I've often noticed that, particularly on stairs.  Even now, I'm starting to feel as though I'll need new bras shortly.

•  

Jessica311

Hi,
You are right we are so lucky to be up here in the great white north with the recent changes. Once I finally decided to start HRT I simply made an appointment with a local psycologist specializing in gender issues and got in right away. Went to see my GP and got a referal to my Endo that only took a couple months and I had the hormones in my hands. I also work for municipal government so I have great benefits and Sun Life benefits in Canada just announced they would cover extras not covered by OHIP like FFS, Tracheal shave, voice surgery etc. Within a couple months I was on my way.   
  •  

AnneK

For me, the only wait, after telling my doctor, was the endo appointment.  Apparently he's quite busy.  He has a regular practice in a hospital and decided to take on trans care.  According to his business card, he does endocrinology and metabolism.  My appointment took about a half hour and I then went across the street for the blood tests and then drove to my pharmacy to get the pills and took the first as soon as I got home.  As I'm 65, my prescriptions are covered under the Ontario Drug Benefit plan and I pay only the dispensing fee.  Of course all the medical stuff is completely covered under OHIP and that's not dependent on age.

•