Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Referal for hormones

Started by AnneK, November 05, 2018, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie Jayne

At around 3 weeks my smell and taste changed. I used to like Coke, now it just doesn't taste good at all..and I'm way more sensitive to odours, both good and bad..

Allie
  •  

AnneK

Quoteused to like Coke, now it just doesn't taste good at all.

That change hit me years ago.  I used to like soft drinks, including Coke, Pepsi, etc., but these days I prefer water.  A few years ago, I bought a dozen cans (ginger ale IIRC) and it took me over 2 years to go through it!
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 14, 2019, 10:00:14 AM
there is a nice selection of 38b out there  :)

It looks like I'll be needing new bras sooner than I thought.  I was fitted about 3.5 years ago and have been comfortably wearing 38A since.  However, over the past week or so, my bras are now getting uncomfortably tight!  The way things are going, I don't know that I'll be stopping at B.

Perhaps I should stop by the bra shop and see about sports bras.  Walmart "quality" isn't that great.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: AnneK on May 16, 2019, 11:35:24 AM
It looks like I'll be needing new bras sooner than I thought.  I was fitted about 3.5 years ago and have been comfortably wearing 38A since.  However, over the past week or so, my bras are now getting uncomfortably tight!  The way things are going, I don't know that I'll be stopping at B.

Perhaps I should stop by the bra shop and see about sports bras.  Walmart "quality" isn't that great.

wow that's great news, you're on your way !

The sports bras I wear are by Spanx, I am sold on their "workout to waves" model, so comfy.

Enjoy !

C -
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 16, 2019, 01:29:17 PM
wow that's great news, you're on your way !

Yes, it's great to be getting real breasts!   ;)

They are noticeable in so many ways, aside from the tight bras.  For example, my arms are frequently hitting them and they're far more noticeable in my peripheral vision and more.  I am quite excited at the results that I've waited so long for!  I check the mirror every morning and night, to see if I can find more differences.  Perhaps I'll soon be passing Dolly Parton!   ;) :D :D :D

•  

CynthiaAnn

mirror mirror on the wall, show me girls after all.....
  •  

Linde

Quote from: AnneK on May 16, 2019, 06:05:15 AM
I think my testicles are starting to shrink.  Looking forward to more change!!!  I just wish I'd started years ago.
At about 3 1/2 months on estrogen I had the absolute shrinkage.  I took a nap in the morning, and when I woke up I had not a single testicle left!  >:-)
They were gone, as if somebody had cut them off!  ???
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 16, 2019, 07:43:16 AM
at 3 weeks of E I noticed my sense of smell went bonkers

3 weeks to about 9 weeks was awful scent wise. I was in an elevator with 6 guys and the conflicting scents of sweat and axe body spray applied with a hose, I was nauseous. Getting overwhelmed by smells has calmed down a bit thank goodness!

I have a weird one for you: About 4 months on E and 1 month on Spiro, my tinnitus calmed down to almost zero. I am so not unhappy about that!

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Stepheewt

Quote from: Allie Jayne on May 16, 2019, 08:13:43 AM
At around 3 weeks my smell and taste changed. and I'm way more sensitive to odours, both good and bad..

Allie

I noticed this same thing, don't remember that in the side effects before starting. I absolutely can be turned to neaseu and gagging. I was never that way before. The worst part of all of it to me is the weight gain. Just packed on the pounds. Now the task of losing it all.
Always look forward because the past will never change.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Stepheewt on May 19, 2019, 03:12:52 PM
I noticed this same thing, don't remember that in the side effects before starting. I absolutely can be turned to neaseu and gagging. I was never that way before. The worst part of all of it to me is the weight gain. Just packed on the pounds. Now the task of losing it all.
Yes, the taste will change.  I used to like beer a lot, and now I can't stand anymore the taste and the smell of the stuff!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

jkredman

Quote from: Ricki Wright on May 17, 2019, 10:16:50 PM
3 weeks to about 9 weeks was awful scent wise. I was in an elevator with 6 guys and the conflicting scents of sweat and axe body spray applied with a hose, I was nauseous. Getting overwhelmed by smells has calmed down a bit thank goodness!

I have a weird one for you: About 4 months on E and 1 month on Spiro, my tinnitus calmed down to almost zero. I am so not unhappy about that!

Ricki

Ricki

I haven't had the tinnitus calm down yet, but yes the sense of smell has changed.

Yes, please keep me off of elevators, and help me make sure the food in the home is fresh!!!!!

Either that, or I need to put cotton up my nose....   ;-)

Kate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kate
  •  

Stepheewt

Speaking of changing tastes here's a weird one, for me. I've never been into really eating much candy, not my thing,  suddenly I'm craving it.  I'm big-time dying for like Caramello bars.  Once again bringing back to the weight gain thing  Lol
  •  

Ricki Wright

Quote from: Stepheewt on May 20, 2019, 08:20:23 AM
Speaking of changing tastes here's a weird one, for me. I've never been into really eating much candy, not my thing,  suddenly I'm craving it.  I'm big-time dying for like Caramello bars.  Once again bringing back to the weight gain thing  Lol

I would be willing to bet a half pound that it is not the candy bar, but the 75mg of salt in it that you are craving. Have a pickle next time instead. Dammit! Just typing "pickle" is making my mouth water!

Ricki
At 5 I forgot who I am. Fortunately, who I am protected me all these years until I remembered. Whatever else happens, I will live the rest of my life whole.
My story: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244130.0.html
HRT 07Nov18
  •  

Stepheewt

Quote from: Ricki Wright on May 22, 2019, 08:17:28 PM
I would be willing to bet a half pound that it is not the candy bar, but the 75mg of salt in it that you are craving. Have a pickle next time instead. Dammit! Just typing "pickle" is making my mouth water!

Ricki

Ok so I read that and said yeah right, of course I then craved Candy. So I just tried your suggestion, keep in mind I have never been big eating pickles.......

You were right...... I hate to admit it, but it was great.....who the heck knew E would make me like pickles.....Lol....
So Ricki......I bow to you the all knowing....seriously that's just crazy(and so much better on calories)

•  

AnneK

After just over 5 weeks on HRT, there is no doubt my breasts are growing and taking a more feminine shape.  My testicles also seem to be shrinking, so it appears my magic pills are doing their job.   ;)

BTW, I have long loved dill pickles, not just since starting HRT.

•  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: AnneK on May 24, 2019, 08:29:14 AM

BTW, I have long loved dill pickles, not just since starting HRT.

me too, and popcorn, OMG the salty cravings
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 24, 2019, 08:48:29 AM
me too, and popcorn, OMG the salty cravings

Actually, I've lost my appetite for popcorn over the past few years.  While I enjoy some salty things, I don't use a lot of it on my food.  I don't have a craving for it, as Nancy Crater does.   ;)

•  

CynthiaAnn

@AnneK, that's a classic, my coffee is spilling this morning !! does that mean when the salt is gone you turn into Nancy ?

Thanks for the smiles this morning  :D
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: CynthiaAnn on May 24, 2019, 09:13:36 AM
@AnneK, that's a classic, my coffee is spilling this morning !! does that mean when the salt is gone you turn into Nancy ?

Thanks for the smiles this morning  :D

Of course, the important question is why those guys who croaked aren't wearing red shirts! 

•  

AnneK

I've been on HRT for almost 6 weeks and all I can say is it appears to be working!  My breasts are definitely growing and my testicles are shrinking.  I'm very happy with the changes!   :)

•