Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Kicked off gic clinic for making a complaint

Started by ChristineHaylett, July 26, 2018, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristineHaylett

I need some help I've been kicked off my gic clinic in Nottingham  for making a complaint.

Basically in January I had sex reassignment surgery and started applying for my gender recognition certificate,  it requires a letter from my doctor in the gic .
I was told this would be sent to me and after many weeks nothing got sent out, I phoned serval times and kept being told they will pass the message on or it will be in the mail in x amount of weeks. Each time there was no response.

The other week I decide to email them my complaint that's it's now been half a year and that I need this sorted as I'm trying to also get a new passport.
I got no response by email as expected and instead they sent a letter to my house telling me I've been removed from service and told to go back to my gp to referred to get treatment.

I feel suicide as my doctor has sent a complaint for me and been told I have to now wait 3 years again to see them again. I've not had no follow up following surgery and not seen them for over a year.
I've sent another email complaining but no response to it.

Please advise help, they just pushed surgery on me and got rid off me.

Christine Haylett x
You will only be truly happy when you learn to accept yourself.
  •  

MissyMay2.0

•  

Paige

Quote from: ChristineHaylett on July 26, 2018, 10:54:20 AM
I need some help I've been kicked off my gic clinic in Nottingham  for making a complaint.

Basically in January I had sex reassignment surgery and started applying for my gender recognition certificate,  it requires a letter from my doctor in the gic .
I was told this would be sent to me and after many weeks nothing got sent out, I phoned serval times and kept being told they will pass the message on or it will be in the mail in x amount of weeks. Each time there was no response.

The other week I decide to email them my complaint that's it's now been half a year and that I need this sorted as I'm trying to also get a new passport.
I got no response by email as expected and instead they sent a letter to my house telling me I've been removed from service and told to go back to my gp to referred to get treatment.

I feel suicide as my doctor has sent a complaint for me and been told I have to now wait 3 years again to see them again. I've not had no follow up following surgery and not seen them for over a year.

Christine Haylett x

Hi Christine, 

Have you tried talking to them in person?  Or are there any LGBT advocacy groups or press you could talk to about this?

So sorry to hear about your problems.  This whole situation sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Take care,
Paige :)

•  

Gertrude

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about the permanent record where Elaine gets labeled a crank and hypochondriac. She wasn't, but because one doctor put it in her file, it followed her no matter where she went to a doctor. Since it's single payer, is there a government agency to complain to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

SallyChoasAura

Omg! How rude!!!😡
I'm so sorry that happened to you...
  •  

ChristineHaylett

Quote from: Paige on July 26, 2018, 01:13:00 PM
Hi Christine, 

Have you tried talking to them in person?  Or are there any LGBT advocacy groups or press you could talk to about this?

So sorry to hear about your problems.  This whole situation sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Take care,
Paige :)

Sadly they are based in Nottingham and I live in Norfolk so it's a long expensive trip.
I'm looking for a lbgt advocacy in my area but no luck yet.

Thank you everyone,  the gic has completely ignored my emails and phone calls even my doctor and support worker, I've never seen anything like it.
You will only be truly happy when you learn to accept yourself.
  •  

big kim

I got my passport without a GRC, though I had to pay for a letter from my Dr to say my gender reassignment was permanant!
  •  

Aibhilín

Quote from: ChristineHaylett on July 26, 2018, 10:54:20 AM

Christine Haylett x

Were you rude in your complaint email?

Nevertheless, I found the Nottingham gender clinic staff to be quite weird, mostly my actual psychiatrists than anyone else, with the exception of my psychosexual therapist who is absolutely lovely.
  •