Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Post orchie questions

Started by bonkatie, April 21, 2019, 01:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonkatie

I got an orchiectomy last Monday.  Everything went well and was back on feet the day after.  However I do have some questions, sorry some might be considered graphic?  Not sure, anyway...

1.  Any advice on properly maintaining the wound considering its position high in scrotum / base of penis.   Also any advice on minimizing scaring?

2.  I've noticed that my scrotum is hanging pretty low.  I get that it used to have two testes in them, but I'm wondering will it shrink and retract to get smaller over time?

3.  Penis size?  Now that I don't have any endogenous T (yes know about the adrenal glands) will my penis shrink over time?

Thanks!

Kate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Linde

I can only describe my experience.  I cleaned the wound daily with wet wipes, and applied the typical tripple antibiotics cream to it in a generous amount.  The cream also ensured that the scar tissue stayed rather soft an pliable.
I now do some gentle scar massage, to keep the scar soft, and the scar tissue to a minimum.

Your skin will shrink over time, just be patient, and it will pul pretty close up to the body.

I had a rather atrophied penis prior to the surgery, it did not shrink after it by a measurable amount.  I guess it will shrink a little more over time.
At this time I would have a hart time to use a urinal in a bathroom, because I might wet myself more than the urinal!  But I am used to pee sitting down, my mother trained my dad and I very well in keeping the bathroom floor clean!

Tucking is not  problem anymore for me, because that little bit of skin left, does not cause a male appearance.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

KimOct

I had mine in 2017 so it has been some time.  Incision care I did nothing special just kept it clean.  Penis size shrinkage for me - none.  Scrotum - yeah it did tighten / shrink up a bit over time.  Kind of like after going swimming.

Tucking really isn't something I care about anymore.  When wearing snug pants I have a small bulge but much less than before the orchie.  It's small enough that I figure if anybody notices that they are intentionally looking so that's their problem.
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •