Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Nail Polish

Started by biannne, November 05, 2018, 04:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biannne

I started doing my own nails recently and I never realized how different various nail polish brands are. Quick dry, gel and etc. My favorite so far is La Colors.

My other big problem is the patience as they take time to dry.

I like to hear more from others like me.

Anna
Truth Shall Set You Free
  •  

Natsuki Kuga

I love doing my nails and change them every week. It's taken me forever to get a good result, i.e. smooth coverage, no streakiness, etc. Practice, practice!

My big discovery has been to feel comfortable coloring outside the lines. Nail polish comes off skin pretty easily, so I don't worry about getting a little sloppy. It fixes itself soon.

My favorite brand is OPI. Way worth the price.

Even though it's stinky, I use Seche Vive topcoat. Dries fast and dries like granite.

I used to feel a little edgy about being out in public with nail polish. Now I don't give it a second thought. Confidence is everything, and the gals at my local Ulta think I'm the coolest thing going.
  •  

AnneK

I go for a manicure every week and pedicure every three weeks, so I let them worry about putting the polish on.  However, there are still times when I do it myself and find I'm getting better, though nowhere near as good as the  salon.  Most of mine is OPI too.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Sonja

I've tried lots of different nail polish - OPI is easily my favourite, goes on so much better than the others!
\
Sonja
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I agree that OPI does go on nicely.  My wife gave me a bottle she bought but then didn't like the color as much as she thought.  It was real close to my favorite color by Essie.  I've used this Essie for some time and really like it.  I do my own and will let my nails "breathe" without polish for a day or so between new application.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jin

Practice is key. If I go several weeks with naked nails, the first attempt is less than satisfactory. A co-worker turned me on to the waiting game, open two beers and set the TV before starting. I also use a quick dry top coat.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Natsuki Kuga

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on November 05, 2018, 09:22:51 PM
I agree that OPI does go on nicely.  My wife gave me a bottle she bought but then didn't like the color as much as she thought.  It was real close to my favorite color by Essie.  I've used this Essie for some time and really like it.  I do my own and will let my nails "breathe" without polish for a day or so between new application.

Essie is my other favorite brand. Lots of beautiful sparkle and pearlescent colors. I mean, if you're presenting male and wearing nail polish, you may as well go over the top!

When I started wearing nail polish, I had it done at a local salon, and I was always too shy to choose my own color, so I'd ask the manicurist to choose for me. She would inevitably hold a consultation with the other gals involving lots of chattering and giggling. Too much just for selecting a color, if you ask me. Made me wish I could speak Vietnamese.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteMade me wish I could speak Vietnamese.

I've used Google Translate a few times.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.translate&hl=en
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Donica

I like the quick dry polish. The trick is in the manicure. The smother your nail surface is, the smother and shinier the polish looks. My biggest problem is I can't stop my nails from cracking and splitting. They are very thin.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Using nail polish boards and blocks, I often simply smooth, then highly polish my nails.
They end up having a nice, polished, natural tone look.  If you later get them wet, they look like they have clear nail polish on them as they can shine so brightly.

The polish just wears off, or it can be simply buffed off using a coarser nail board or block, no acetone is needed. 

True, no pretty colors.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

biannne

I have the same problem as Donica. I take Calcium C and nail and hair vitamins and still they seems to crack.
It doesn't help when I work inside clean room FAB that is extremely dry.

Anna
Truth Shall Set You Free
  •