Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Bra shoulder straps too short

Started by snbab, November 10, 2018, 10:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: mm on November 14, 2018, 01:11:19 PM
yes, TonyaW, using extenders to go from a 36 to a 44 would throw the shoulder straps completely out of place.  Don't have a good answer for you, you need a smaller chest size or bigger boobs or both.

I'd take both.  Not going to go down too far on band size, might be able to hit 40 there.  HRT has been slow but there's still time.  I'm at 21 months and I'll give it 3 full years before any consideration of BA, which I really don't want.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Jessica_Rose

I also have problems with shoulder straps that are too short. I am 6' 1" and wear a 36B. I have found that 'convertible' bras, ones designed to be worn normally or by crossing the straps over each other (like an 'x' on your back) usually work. These typically have shoulder straps which are much longer than normal bras.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

valerie anne

I have had this problem since I have needed to wear a bra every day. When wearing a thin top, my bra strap buckles have often been clearly at the top of my shoulders, instead of down my back, as is the case for normal women, and they do notice the difference!

Here are a few ideas, not necessarily solutions, though.

Firstly, try going down a band size and up a cup size. Bra strap lengths are often related to the cup size. If the bra band is too tight, you can use an extender until it stretches. You may also be surprised that using "swoop & scoop", you can actually fill the larger cups.

A larger cup permits you to experiment with chicken fillets, and, as a regular breast pumper, I find the cup room is useful for wearing nipple shields and nipple pumps.

Finally, try a multi-way bra. You may not be able to wear it cross-strapped (although if you can the extra support is nice!), but the straps will be longer, making conventional bra wear easier.

The problem is that the bra straps are attached by plastic hooks, which can ping off, and the front fastenings are often too far apart, leading to dropped bra straps.
  •  

snbab

Quote from: Maid Marion on November 15, 2018, 06:44:40 AM
http://blog.lulalu.com/2013/10/08/small-bust-big-band-how-to-pick-a-bra-right-for-your-proportions/

Hi,
After visiting the link you provided, which I thank for doing.
I realised I had visited it before, then blocked it from my mind because of the prices.
Sadly at this point, trying, out new items can become very costly.
  •  

Maid Marion

Hand sewing may be practical if the stitches merely need to be functional and not "professional" quality.
You may also want to buy and learn how to use a seam ripper, which is a device used to take apart seams.  It needs to be done carefully to avoid creating holes.
  •  

snbab

Quote from: Maid Marion on November 17, 2018, 04:02:33 AM
Hand sewing may be practical if the stitches merely need to be functional and not "professional" quality.
You may also want to buy and learn how to use a seam ripper, which is a device used to take apart seams.  It needs to be done carefully to avoid creating holes.
A very big thank you.
  •