Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Rambo 4

Started by shanetastic, January 08, 2008, 01:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanetastic

So I totally just saw a commercial for this movie and well. . .

Is this movie really made to be for real?  This looks like a horrible joke for people to go see a movie where he kills a whole army or some junk all by himself.  Nice  a gory it seems like.  Can I get some opinions?  Haha.  The only way I'd ever consider seeing this movie is with a little bit of alcohol in my system, that's for sure.
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

cindybc

I can't watch anything with guts and blood I get to emotional. I don't mind a good action movie though.

Cindy
  •  

shanetastic

Quote from: cindybc on January 08, 2008, 01:46:24 AM
I can't watch anything with guts and blood I get to emotional. I don't mind a good action movie though.

Cindy

I just can't believe they like attempted a serious Rambo movie lol.  I laughed when I saw the commercial, so I don't think it can be that good of an action film :D
  •  

MeghanAndrews

I haven't seen the movie and I'm sure I won't, but I saw a guerilla marketing ad on the side of a wall, designed to look like grafitti, which was Rambo's profile and it TOTALLY looked like the Che Guevara profile that is on many t shirts. I just thought about the kind of statement that makes, the juxtaposition of what Che Guevera was about and what Rambo represents:

from Wikipedia:

"Despite the controversies, Guevara's status as a popular icon has continued throughout the world, leading commentators to speak of a global "cult of Che". A photograph of Guevara taken by photographer Alberto Korda has became one of the century's most ubiquitous images, and the portrait, transformed into a monochrome graphic, is reproduced endlessly on a vast array of merchandise, such as T-shirts, posters, cigarettes, coffee mugs, and baseball caps largely for profit. The saying "Viva la revolucion!" has also become very popular and synonymous with Guevara.

In North America, Western Europe and many regions outside Latin America, the image had been likened to a global brand, long since shedding its ideological or political connotations, and the obsession with Guevara has been dismissed by some as merely "adolescent revolutionary romanticism."

I just find it ironic that Rambo's image was on the side of an upscale clothing store in West Hollywood and appeared in the image of Che Guevara. Maybe it's the English major in me that sees things like that and finds serious irony, who knows?
  •  

RebeccaFog

Rambo.

The final nail in the coffin of militarism.

I hope.

I carried an m60 machine gun when I was in the mechanized infantry and I actually used to carry it when I did battle rolls.  Stallone is 61 years old.  I know he's in good shape, but this movie....

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
  •  

RebeccaFog

Rocky vs. Rambo:Fists & Firearms

In a world of sports & war, a rugged elderly man suffering from dementia argues with himself constantly and in a fit of fury, finally declares all out war upon himself and attempts to regain the Title of Champion while taking out a village of elderly residents in a Florida retirement community.

warning: This movie may not be appropriate for anyone over the age of 7.
  •  

tekla

He is only doing Rambo because he didn't get the nod for the other 'old guy' movie, The Bucket List.  Turned out they only wanted actors, so they got Jack and Morgan. 
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

shanetastic

Quote from: tekla on January 08, 2008, 12:22:01 PM
He is only doing Rambo because he didn't get the nod for the other 'old guy' movie, The Bucket List.  Turned out they only wanted actors, so they got Jack and Morgan. 

:D lol!
  •