Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Looking for other Transgendered Christians

Started by MarshaJoy825, November 17, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

I am Christian and transgender. Even though I believe in a higher power. I do not believe in the church. There are over 4000 sects calling themself Christian. Why, if there is only one God. Why the variance in interpretation. My grand parents helped build the Foursquare Church in the 1930's with Aimee Semple McPherson and the Angeles Temple.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

MarshaJoy825

[quoteuthor=DawnOday link=topic=242585.msg2236286#msg2236286 date=1552686865]
I am Christian and transgender. Even though I believe in a higher power. I do not believe in the church. There are over 4000 sects calling themself Christian. Why, if there is only one God. Why the variance in interpretation. My grand parents
helped build the Foursquare Church in the 1930's with Aimee Semple McPherson and the Angeles Temple.
[/quote]
Dawn, thanks so much for sharing with me on this post. I do understand that many here do not believe in the church. Of course, I have my opinion, but I don't think it is necessary. I did post this thread to see if I could find a few people who are likeminded. I do hope that we can chat sometime in the future.   Marsha
  •  

Julie -2010

I'm a Christian and Trans.  I searched out churches in my area until I found the right one for me that has really helped me down my trans path as well as my life.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Julie -2010 on March 15, 2019, 08:02:08 PM
I'm a Christian and Trans.  I searched out churches in my area until I found the right one for me that has really helped me down my trans path as well as my life.

Julie
Julie, thank you so much for writing here. I started this topic because I wanted to meet others who are Christians and are transgender. I have struggled much with this and the acceptance has not been easy. I wanted to get to know others who would have a Christian perspective about this. Julie, I am so glad that you have found a church. This is very important. If you would like, I would love if we could PM each other. If this would work, please drop me a PM. May the Lord bless in your life.    Marsha
  •  

Julie -2010

Marsha,

You are welcome.  There are a lot of Christian transgender individuals, but I understand have have a group of friends that really don't want anything to do with church.  A lot of time that is too bad since they probably just haven't found the correct one.

I would be happy to talk more.  I will PM you.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

amandam

I am also a transgendered Christian. I grew up in non-denominational and Baptist churches. I hold a traditional viewpoint of Christianity.

Currently, I am trying to decouple the "fetish" part of my dressing from my gender confusion. The purpose of this is to see if (1) my trans feelings can exist without a sexual component, to see if (2) my trans feelings are the dominant force and the sexual part just a side-effect, or see if (3) the sexual part is dominant and I'm "really" just a confused "transvestite".
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

gracefulhat

Hi Marsha! I am  Tg and a Christian as well. It is a unique problem to be both, and it is likely the reason I waited to transition for so long. I am now at complete peace with myself and with Him about it because 5 year olds don't choose to "live in sin".  You can always PM me as well if you ever want to.
XOXO
Jamie
Above all, love
  •  

Autrement

Welcome back Marsha!

I am transgender and Christian, Roman Catholic.

I remember what Pope Francis recently said to a gay man: « God made you gay and loves you like that ». This means for me: « God made you TG and loves you like that ».

May God bless you.

Pascale
  •  

stephaniec

•  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: amandam on March 16, 2019, 11:39:28 PM
I am also a transgendered Christian. I grew up in non-denominational and Baptist churches. I hold a traditional viewpoint of Christianity.

Currently, I am trying to decouple the "fetish" part of my dressing from my gender confusion. The purpose of this is to see if (1) my trans feelings can exist without a sexual component, to see if (2) my trans feelings are the dominant force and the sexual part just a side-effect, or see if (3) the sexual part is dominant and I'm "really" just a confused "transvestite".
Amanda,
    Thanks for sharing on my topic here. We sound like we have the same Christian background and the same "thing happening in our lives. I use to have the same problem of it being a fetish, but for the last several years, there has been no real "sexual" component to this for me. I am still struggling at times with acceptance of who I am, but Marsha seems to keep getting stronger all the time. Amanda, if you ever care to write, please PM me. It is nice to have others who have included a Christian element to being TG.  Please take care. I do hope that you will have some direction in all of this.  Marsha
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: gracefulhat on March 17, 2019, 01:12:07 AM
Hi Marsha! I am  Tg and a Christian as well. It is a unique problem to be both, and it is likely the reason I waited to transition for so long. I am now at complete peace with myself and with Him about it because 5 year olds don't choose to "live in sin".  You can always PM me as well if you ever want to.
XOXO
Jamie
Jamie,
Thanks so much for sharing on this thread that I started! Yes, I have waited way too long to move forward as Marsha. Like you, I had these feelings when I was real young, but I had no where to go. I thought I was the only one like this. It was scary. Finally, there was an article in Look magazine about "transsexuals" I devoured the article. "This is me!" However, I was fourteen. What was one to do? I then became a Christian when I was nineteen. Since than, I have struggled to accept myself.  Jamie, I will try to PM you soon. Please PM me when you have the chance.  Hugs, Marsha
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Autrement on March 17, 2019, 02:07:58 AM
Welcome back Marsha!

I remember what Pope Francis recently said to a gay man: « God made you gay and loves you like that ». This means for me: « God made you TG and loves you like that ».

May God bless you.

Pascale
Pascale,
   I feel so bad about not writing to you when I left here. Please forgive me, it had nothing to do with you but everything to do with me. You have been a good friend. I do trust that you are doing well. Thanks again for all the wonderful correspondence we had in the past. I do hope that we can write to each other again.  God's blessings to you, Marsha
  •  

Autrement

Dear Marsha,

Thank you. Yes I am doing well on my side.

No problem at all, I understood that you were struggling with issues, that I fully respect.
For sure, we will continue discussing, on the forum or by PM.

Hugs.

Pascale
  •  

ReubyLouise

Hello Marsha, and all the others on this thread,

I asked Jesus to be the Captain of my life in high school in 1972 in a Pentacostal church. From there I ended up in a Southern Baptist Church in another town, while away from home. When I returned a friend invited me to his First Baptist Church.  I finally left home and joined a communal ministry that was started from a team out of Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel, with Kathryn Kuhlman, the healer.  I went to Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Denver, Houston, and finally South Lake Tahoe. I went to the ministry school in Oregon. Denver, Houston and SLT I was staff after graduating.  That was all in three years. All during that time and before I had this insatiable urge to wear girls clothes. I loved the silkiness and softness. It was not a sexual thing. I just preferred them to what I wore. 

I had three years with my first wife.  She lied to me and told me she was Christian, having left the faith, but needing to come back. She always avoided going to church. There was always one excuse or another. When I was standing with her and discussing how our three children that she ran off with and turned into Social Services, telling them I was dead and she could not take care of them on her own, were now in foster care and they were Christians. I thought if they could not be with us, at least they were in Christian homes.  Well, my wife said to me that all that Christian stuff was b.s. and the only reason she told me she was a Christian was so I would stop telling her about Jesus. Oh, and she wanted a divorce.  After that I was more careful.

My second wife and I celebrated thirteen years together before she crossed in late 98.  During those years I realized, through therapy that the years of anger and temper were caused from frustrations from as early as five years old. The biggest one was I hated men, thereby hating myself because I was being raised one. From that point my therapist had me try an experiment and tell my second wife what we talked about and that he wanted me to go home and start dressing as a woman just at home until our appointment next week. When I did, I received unconditional support from my wife. I was 36. That started my transition and I have been a mtf pre-op ts ever since.  I think now the proper term is trans woman before srs. 

During all this time, from the beginning in high school, until today, I have had a very strong spiritual relationship with Jesus. The holy spirit has been powerful in my life. Everything else may have been falling apart, but that one thing is strong and powerful. I too struggled for a long time with whether what I was doing was wrong or something hated by God or out of His will.  But no matter what pastors and others told me, that still voice told me all is well.  I was even told by a pastor that I better listen to the printed word and stop listening to the voices in my head.  Well, those voices, or spirit is what has brought me this far, and has not been wrong since.  There are so many reasons for having dysphoria. We really do not know why it happens.  One thing I know. God created me, just as I am.  Even imperfect and unfinished. God is the Creator and knows what he is doing and what our purpose is.  I don't believe for one second that anything big or small escapes his notice. So why would the fact we are dysphoric be a mistake?  It was intended. There is a purpose and therefore it can not be an abomination to him.  God loves us and all Creation.  But all of creation do not all choose him because of lies and the smokescreen that satan places in our lives. We have to hold on to the truth that God made us this way and there is a purpose and therefore our life is blessed by God. If I was to try and deny a part of me, I would be thumbing my nose at God's purpose for my life.  We actually go through what we go through so that we can help others when they have the same questions as us.  I too went through the buy clothes, purge clothes cycle because of the devil's guilt. The devil gives us guilt. God convicts. There  is a difference.  That is what victory is all about. Realizing we are free from guilt and condemnation. As Christians we have the holy spirit, the expression of God, to guide us. We just have to learn to be still and listen. If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth Jesus is the christ (Son of God, Messiah), you shall be saved. We are his children. We are heirs of the throne. We are God's royal family.  We have to start reaffirming that in our hearts and not the lies and accusations of the devil.
If you ever want to talk to me, I am here. You can pm me anytime. Thank you for starting this thread. It is the work of God.

Maranatha!

ReubyLouise
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Autrement on March 17, 2019, 06:17:06 AM
Dear Marsha,

Thank you. Yes I am doing well on my side.

No problem at all, I understood that you were struggling with issues, that I fully respect.
For sure, we will continue discussing, on the forum or by PM.

Hugs.

Pascale
Pascale, I will look forward as well to getting back with our discussions! Hugs, Marsha
  •  

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: ReubyLouise on March 17, 2019, 07:23:31 AM

If you ever want to talk to me, I am here. You can pm me anytime. Thank you for starting this thread. It is the work of God.

Maranatha!

ReubyLouise
ReubyLouise,
      Thanks so very much for sharing on this thread! You really shared your heart! I do hope that we can communicate some more. I have been very pleased with how many Christians I have met through putting up this thread. I trust that we can be a blessing to each other.  Please know that I am open as well to a PM from you. Have a great evening!
  •  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Autrement on March 17, 2019, 02:07:58 AM
Welcome back Marsha!

I remember what Pope Francis recently said to a gay man: « God made you gay and loves you like that ». This means for me: « God made you TG and loves you like that ».
I was Roman Catholic, but found a different church.  The pope did say that but the church still views LGBT as wrong.  I couldn't take it anymore.  Where is the love. 

I'm now at a church where everyone is accepted and can fully participate in the service.  It has really strengthen my belief.

Julie
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: MarshaJoy825 on November 19, 2018, 10:48:56 AM
Sarah, thanks so much for responding to my post. I do enjoy meeting many of the people here. However, it is nice to talk about being TG and a Christian at the same time. As a Christian, I have found some unique challenges in accepting being Marsha. I have been fifty years going back and forth on this. How did you ever get peace in being TG and a Christian? Also, would it work for us to PM from time to time? If not, I do understand.

PMing me is fine but I tend to babble. I don't see the conflict.  I try to imagine Jesus saying, "F you!  Your TS" or a Lesbian or whatever. I can't remember who said this and its probably not an exact quote but "I think Jesus is cool.  Its just some of his bone head followers that bug me."  Or words to that effect. These are the people who go to Church who are using some really twisted logic to rewrite the Bible to suit themselves.  Its like the era where it was torture people to confess their sins.  Or kill them if they don't convert.  I would say its madness but this would be very insulting to people with mental health problems.

Again this is horrible trying to get my awful memory to provide the exact words but there is some section of the Bible where the organized religion experts of the time try to use the 10 commandments like lawyers against Jesus.  Something like if you heal the sick on Sunday your not doing this day of rest thing.  So... (Again I'm sorry this is so not a quote) Jesus says something to the effect that if you can't deal with 10 laws?  Lets make it easy.  Just one.  Love God and each other. I went to a local church where the sermon was about this.  First I was a bit shocked. Then I thought to myself maybe I was at the right place?  Anyway I was just a babbling fan to the minister who looked at me like "Chill out.  This is basic.  Ok! Glad you liked it! Now please go away."
  •  

Jennifer300

I listened to an audio book once called "embraced by the light" or "Saved by the light".  I don't recall which one.  They talked about dieing and being in heaven for a short time before being sent back to finish their work here.  In the book, an angel pointed out a homeless alcoholic that slept outside a lawyers office daily.  They were told this was the assignment of one of their angels, to be there to remind the lawyer of those in need.  I don't know how much truth there is to the story, but it seems we all learn from others and likely teach others by simply existing.  The old saying "no one is worthless, they can always serve as a bad example" reminds me that there are those who teach us by being an inspiration, and those to serve as a warning as how cause and effect work.  Perhaps our journey can be an inspiration to others as to how to deal with a non standard hand we are dealt.  Perhaps it may help others to see variations in their own lives and be an inspiration that if we can handle this, they might work up the courage to handle something not as dramatic.

Also stereotypical men are from Mars and women are from Venus.  Sometimes they need someone from a neutral planet to help them communicate.  In a way I think we are gifted.  Some times a person with strong male thought patterns can't make decisions tempered with emotions, and some women have trouble making decisions without emotions getting in the way.  We have a gift of being a bit of both if we can learn to love ourselves and harness this non binary gift.

As to Transgender Christians, I can't imagine they are mutually exclusive.  If our creator made the universe, and we are in it, then we are not a mistake.  We of the transgender community know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that being transgender is no more a choice than being born with a different skin color.  We may not be able to prove it by medical science yet, but we know this to be a fact.   
  •  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Jennifer300 on March 21, 2019, 05:36:23 AM
   As to Transgender Christians, I can't imagine they are mutually exclusive.  If our creator made the universe, and we are in it, then we are not a mistake.  We of the transgender community know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that being transgender is no more a choice than being born with a different skin color.  We may not be able to prove it by medical science yet, but we know this to be a fact.
Jennifer,

I love this last bit.  That is how I feel.  We are not a mistake, we aren't making this up.  We know!!

Julie
  •