News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Looking for other Transgendered Christians

Started by MarshaJoy825, November 17, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshaJoy825

Quote from: Jennifer300 on March 21, 2019, 05:36:23 AM
I listened to an audio book once called "embraced by the light" or "Saved by the light".  I don't recall which one.  They talked about dieing and being in heaven for a short time before being sent back to finish their work here.  In the book, an angel pointed out a homeless alcoholic that slept outside a lawyers office daily.  They were told this was the assignment of one of their angels, to be there to remind the lawyer of those in need.  I don't know how much truth there is to the story, but it seems we all learn from others and likely teach others by simply existing.  The old saying "no one is worthless, they can always serve as a bad example" reminds me that there are those who teach us by being an inspiration, and those to serve as a warning as how cause and effect work.  Perhaps our journey can be an inspiration to others as to how to deal with a non standard hand we are dealt.  Perhaps it may help others to see variations in their own lives and be an inspiration that if we can handle this, they might work up the courage to handle something not as dramatic.

Also stereotypical men are from Mars and women are from Venus.  Sometimes they need someone from a neutral planet to help them communicate.  In a way I think we are gifted.  Some times a person with strong male thought patterns can't make decisions tempered with emotions, and some women have trouble making decisions without emotions getting in the way.  We have a gift of being a bit of both if we can learn to love ourselves and harness this non binary gift.

As to Transgender Christians, I can't imagine they are mutually exclusive.  If our creator made the universe, and we are in it, then we are not a mistake.  We of the transgender community know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that being transgender is no more a choice than being born with a different skin color.  We may not be able to prove it by medical science yet, but we know this to be a fact.
Jennifer, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I did enjoy all that you wrote, especially the part that Julie highlighted. I have spent all these years believing that it is a choice. I knew in my deepest heart it wasn't a choice, but the way I was born. I just couldn't be honest with myself. I am glad that I am understanding more and more that I was born Marsha. Now to work on moving forward as Marsha. 
  •  

MarshaJoy825

I am thankful for all of those who have responded to this post. I have found some good Christian fellowship as a result and also help in gaining perspective on what it means to be a Christian who is transgender.  Here is a devotional thought that I shared on another location. I hope it will be a blessing.

"Sometimes it seems as though we are an emotional wreck. Physically and emotionally, we feel as though we can't go on. What does God say? "My flesh and my heart faileth: BUT GOD IS THE STRENGTH OF MY HEART, and my portion for ever." (PSALM 73:26). When our bodies and emotions are at their worst, God is right with us to exchange our weakness for His strength. Is God the strength of our heart today?"
  •