Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Just had my orchi this morning. I have a couple questions.

Started by salaniaseviltwin, November 19, 2018, 11:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on January 04, 2019, 08:07:09 PM
NO UPDATE, but the is a question for anyone that had the procedure done scrotal. The right "cord" has retracted, the left however seems to have attached itself to the incision during the healing. It also seems to be hard and rather large. Is this something that I should be concerned about given its been roughly 6.5 weeks?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Contact your surgeon if you think the healing isn't progressing as expected. I did find that the knots dissipated at different rates. They were definitely still discernible for awhile.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

JanePlain

Quote from: Devlyn on January 05, 2019, 03:17:30 AM
Contact your surgeon if you think the healing isn't progressing as expected. I did find that the knots dissipated at different rates. They were definitely still discernible for awhile.

Hugs, Devlyn

Yes for sure this is a good thing to check in with your doctor about.
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

What has anyone done in regards to loss of energy? Any recommendations on improving or regaining that energy?

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

Devlyn

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on February 18, 2019, 03:52:28 PM
What has anyone done in regards to loss of energy? Any recommendations on improving or regaining that energy?

A loss of energy could be low T. A loss of strength could be normal female hormone levels catching up to you. Which are you experiencing?
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

The issue is definitely energy, which I will gladly attribute to low T. I successfully dropped from 250 to 20 after my orchi. But the low energy is kind of starting to annoy me.

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on January 04, 2019, 08:07:09 PM
NO UPDATE, but the is a question for anyone that had the procedure done scrotal. The right "cord" has retracted, the left however seems to have attached itself to the incision during the healing. It also seems to be hard and rather large. Is this something that I should be concerned about given its been roughly 6.5 weeks?

Sorry I didn't reply to this question but the dangling cords problem and having them reattach was a concern that my pain doctor brought up.  His suggestion (Which I did) was to do this inguanaly and that way the cords could be cut high up so there would be nothing dangling around.  Its too late to do that but I expect there will be others who want to read about others experiences. 
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

Quote from: JanePlain on February 19, 2019, 07:09:43 PM
Sorry I didn't reply to this question but the dangling cords problem and having them reattach was a concern that my pain doctor brought up.  His suggestion (Which I did) was to do this inguanaly and that way the cords could be cut high up so there would be nothing dangling around.  Its too late to do that but I expect there will be others who want to read about others experiences.
This is sound advice and something I didn't think about to ask my doctor before the surgery. I will admit to not doing enough research.

It makes no difference cosmetically, but like you said, in terms of comfort it can make a bit of difference.

•  

JanePlain

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on February 19, 2019, 07:49:33 PM
This is sound advice and something I didn't think about to ask my doctor before the surgery. I will admit to not doing enough research.

It makes no difference cosmetically, but like you said, in terms of comfort it can make a bit of difference.

I mentioned this on another thread but the same pain doctor said to request the cords be numbed up before they are cut. His theory was that this might avoid have phantom limb / pain later. The idea is that any amputation has the nerves sending pain signals to the brain (even if you have a general and are totally out of it) Numbing the cords keeps these massive pain signals from "wiring" the brain.

As far as I know this was just a theory that my doctor had. For what its worth my orchie was quite a few years ago and I've had no problems with phantom limb or pains. Anyway as the surgeon said it couldn't hurt to do that so why not?
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                        19 February 2019

I've posted on this subject several times. Before I had my orchi, i did a good bit of research on the subject. There are three types of orchiectomy performed: Simple, Inguinal, and Subcapsular.

In my less than humble opinion, the inguinal (Bilateral, Radical, inguinal) orchiectomy causes the least trauma to the patient. Doctors performing this surgery (inguinal) require more training and experience. I had mine done by Dr. Peter Raphael in Plano (Dallas) Texas; He is a plastic surgeon and he and his staff do these on a routine basis. They are the only Orchiectomies they perform.

I had zero pain, mild discomfort for two days handled by 6 Tylenol capsules over the two days. I was back to doing heavy work 1.5 weeks after the surgery. There were no external sutures, all internal and dissolvable. The small incisions were covered by a small piece of tape which fell off after the incisions healed, less than a week. I have a difficult time locating the scars, which are very faint. I suspect by the time 2 years has passed they will be virtually invisible.

Which orchi is best? Only you can decide after doing your own due diligence. Would I do anything differently? Yes, I would have done it years ago and I would have done it without anesthesia.

Choose wisely, there is no going back for a "Do-over."

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on February 20, 2019, 12:52:03 AM
Hi Folks,                        19 February 2019

Which orchi is best? Only you can decide after doing your own due diligence. Would I do anything differently? Yes, I would have done it years ago and I would have done it without anesthesia.

Choose wisely, there is no going back for a "Do-over."

Best Always, Love
Christine
For me it is the bilateral conventional, because the only cost I have is $250 copay!  That is the best argument for me for the one I am getting!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dietlind on February 20, 2019, 05:43:14 PM
For me it is the bilateral conventional, because the only cost I have is $250 copay!  That is the best argument for me for the one I am getting!
@Dietlind
Dear Linde:
Please un-confuse me,
I had thought for a moment that you already have had your orchi
but I am now thinking that your procedure will be on Friday February 22nd...
...am I correct with that revised thought? ???
Either way, I am always wishing you the best...

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on February 20, 2019, 09:11:50 PM
@Dietlind
Dear Linde:
Please un-confuse me,
I had thought for a moment that you already have had your orchi
but I am now thinking that your procedure will be on Friday February 22nd...
...am I correct with that revised thought? ???
Either way, I am always wishing you the best...

Hugs,
Danielle

I wish I would have it behind me Danielle!

I will see my endo tomorrow, and discuss with hm my new meds requirements, because no baals, no spiro!  That tuff started to drive me crazy!

Thank you again for your good wishes!
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•