Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

These Are the Trans People Killed in 2018

Started by stephaniec, November 01, 2018, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

•  

Johnni Gyrl

Wow, that made some depressing reading. All those beautiful souls taken before their time, and many of them doing so much for transgender activism. God Bless Them. R.I.P.
  •  

Lisa89125

Very depressing. It's sickening how many of us are killed every year. All most of us want is just to be our selves and live authentically.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Swedishgirl96

La dolce vita
  •  

NatalieRene

May they Rest In Peace.

I would like to point out one thing though, the murder rate of the country is much higher. It's just as a minority each one tends to have a greater impact.

I think that this is a good opportunity to think about personal safety to help avoid more loses. When out in public or meeting new people we should strive to avoid condition white. I would also suggest learning some form of self defense (don't plan on going toe to toe with an attacker but something to disable long enough to retreat is optimal) and also to know your routes for egress so in the event of danger you can get out quicker.
  •  

BrianaJ

I took self defense and my first thought was, "I'm gonna be a Kung Fu master baby!"  LOL  The whole first part was on situational awareness, avoiding bad situations, good decision making, and how to run...really really fast and far.  👠👠👠👠  It was pretty far in b4 we even started the physical part...the punch kick bite gouge scratch pull what ever you have to do part.  One of the best things I ever took.  Made me rethink safety. 
~~Be kind~~
  •  

wonderland

•