Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The bain of my existance. (Shoes)

Started by Lisa89125, November 21, 2018, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa89125

Hey everyone, I hope I'm not the only one with huge feet and can't find the types of shoes I really want to wear? In guy sizes I wear Size 12 4E shoes. That equates to size 14 in women's which is very hard to find. I've been trying to find a nice pair of heels to go with a new outfit but haven't found anything that fits locally. Funny how I can find almost everything else in a size that fits except shoes.

Sigh, I hope my feet shrink on HRT. This is frustrating.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Aceofblackdiamonds on November 21, 2018, 12:18:20 PM
Hey everyone, I hope I'm not the only one with huge feet and can't find the types of shoes I really want to wear? As a guy I wear Size 12 4E shoes. I've been trying to find a nice pair of heels to go with a new outfit but haven't found anything that fits locally. Funny how I can find almost everything else in a size that fits except shoes.

Sigh, I hope my feet shrink on HRT. This is frustrating.

Lisa
Well I'm not saying that your feet will shrink during HRT but mine did shrink a size I went from a size 11 women down to a size 10 women's but yes it was even tough to find women shoes size 11 but I have a feeling that now that the transgender population is coming out or that more shoemakers will come out with larger sizes to accommodate our needs at least I would hope so also if it makes you feel any better I have a friend who wears a higher size shoe than me I think she wears a 13 so she has the same problem that you're having she usually shops online for her shoes I do hope that helps you in any way I know it's a really tough thing and we really want pretty heels or pretty boots for us but it's always tough to find the right size I do hope you find some

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Linde

I found size 12 shoes at Walmart, Payless and JC Penny.  Depending on the manufacturer and the style of the shoe, I can either wear a size 11 or size 12!

It would be a dream come true if my feet would shrink a size because there are way more shoes available in size 10.  If I would fit into size 10, I would own 20 or so pairs of shoes already.
Currently I just can look at them and drool over them like a little kid in the candy store!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Ryuichi13

*snip*

Quote from: Dietlind on November 21, 2018, 07:32:39 PM
I found size 12 shoes at Walmart, Payless and JC Penny.

As a former pretend "woman" with larger feet, I used to shop at Payless and Walmart.  Also, try TUK shoes' online store, they sell all kinds of shoes in larger sizes.

Ryuichi

•  

Linde

Quote from: Ryuichi13 on November 21, 2018, 10:23:29 PM
*snip*

As a former pretend "woman" with larger feet, I used to shop at Payless and Walmart.  Also, try TUK shoes' online store, they sell all kinds of shoes in larger sizes.

Ryuichi
Thanks, I have to take a look at TUK shoes!

•  

Lisa89125

I seem to come across sizes up to size 10 locally. I wish more places would accommodate transgender women and stock larger sizes. We can't change a lot of aspects of our bodies but manufacturers could change their product to accommodate our needs.

Lisa

•  

Maid Marion

I know all about the situation for small feet.  Men's 5.5 is about the smallest you can find.  Which equates to size 7.5 on the women's side.  Since Men's 5 is my true size, I just hunt for Women's size 7 in the style I want.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Maid Marion on November 23, 2018, 06:59:38 PM
I know all about the situation for small feet.  Men's 5.5 is about the smallest you can find.  Which equates to size 7.5 on the women's side.  Since Men's 5 is my true size, I just hunt for Women's size 7 in the style I want.
I wish my size would be women's 10 or less.  Almost all the shoes I could fall in love with are 10 or less, and I need 1 or 12 depending on the width of the shoe.
I hope really bad that my feet will shrink a little with the estrogen influence!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: Maid Marion on November 23, 2018, 06:59:38 PM
I think the sizing that they do is kind of weird like for men's I wore a 10 and a half for women's I used to wear an 11 of course the estrogen did make my feet shrink a size so that's a good thing but still the sizing is still weird they really need to just make men and women sizes the same save some confusion LOL

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I also wore a men's 12-4E. I'm not sure if it was due to HRT or losing about 25 pounds, but my feet are now standard width. Unfortunately they are a women's 13. Nordstrom Rack usually carries that size. If you want a wider selection try Long Tall Sally online, they carry up to size 15.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Lisa89125

Jessica, Thanks for the suggestion. I will check them out.

Hugs

Lisa

•