Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Vaginal PH adjusted, organic lube

Started by IsabellaSwan, January 13, 2018, 08:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Some useful info, thank you Susan. Care and maintenance of our equipment is something we often lack instruction in. [emoji846]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Colleen_definitely

That's a fact. "now jam these things in there according to this schedule and hose it out now and again, have fun" is about it.

That said, I tried that lube and it's not bad. I don't think it works quite as nicely as some of the others I've tried but I've only tried it a couple of times so far. I'll give it some more time before passing judgement though. It's definitely not bad, that's for sure.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Susan

It's not intended as a lube... These are the primary benefits in my opinion.

• ELIMINATES UNWANTED FEMININE ODORS that can result from monthly periods, sweat, semen, tight clothes and/or vaginal infections
  • PROMOTES OPTIMAL pH WITH AN ADVANCED pH BUFFERING SYSTEM of lactic acid, sodium lactate, and sodium hydroxide
  • WON'T KILL FRIENDLY LACTOBACILLUS BACTERIA* WHICH PRODUCE LACTIC ACID and keep the vagina in the optimal acidic range
  • BALANCED TO THE SALT CONCENTRATION INSIDE YOUR CELLS - IsoFresh is 100% Isotonic and Iso-Osmotic
  • STAYS PUT! According to 90% of users, IsoFresh isn't messy and won't leak out*
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Colleen_definitely

The YES WB as mentioned in the original post is supposed to be isn't it? 

I know the isofresh stuff you mentioned definitely is not. 
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

SadieBlake

Colleen,

Yes WB is advertised as a personal lubricant with pH balance. I like it better than isofresh because it costs about half as much and is based on ingredients from plant base, Mostly aloe vera.

the principal ingredient in isofresh is called carbomer which is the trade name for poly acrylic acid it's a perfectly good lubricant gel but I like the aloe better. I don't think it's as good as a lubricant as some other things I've used but that's in balance to it's better pH properties.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Dena

Quote from: SadieBlake on October 26, 2018, 01:11:48 PM
Yes WB is advertised as a personal lubricant with pH balance. I like it better than isofresh because it costs about half as much and is based on ingredients from plant base, Mostly aloe vera.
If you have never used aloe vera, test it somewhere on your skin before committing to it. Some people are very allergic to it and break out in a rash. Years ago a salesman I worked with bought a can of shaving cream with it in it on a sales trip. The rash was so bad he couldn't shave during the show or for a week afterward.

That said most people can use it safely and when I was a teen the burn center would drop by and remove leaves from a neighbors plants to treat burn victims.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: Susan on May 31, 2018, 11:41:31 PM
I am using another gel product which isn't a lube but is intended to adjust the PH of your vagina.

At my one one year postop checkup I had only one problem.  I had a raging yeast infection which was so bad she gave me a double dose of the medication. After taking the medication, the nurse had also recommended a week of monostat 7 which I did. A few weeks later I again started noticing the same musty smell as before. So I did another round of the monostat 7. 

I was also using a vinegar douche intermittently which took generally care of the musty smell for a few days.

Pretty much I would clean it out only to have it come back after a few days.

I read an article about vaginal ph and ordered some testing strips. These found my vagina was in a neutral state when it should have been on the acidic side of things. I started doing some digging and found the following product.

https://www.amazon.com/IsoFresh-Vaginal-Balanced-Applications-Paraben-Free/dp/B01M0U9MU0

It works amazing, it also changed totally changed the texture of the vagina, and has kept things nice and moist. The goal is to make the vagina more acidic which helps your bacterial culture get established and thrive.

I combined it with this product

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BF7JNS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Which is intended to provide the initial bacterial culture. Along with a capsule.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NALKHDL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far I am extremely happy with it!

I have been using this regimen for about a week.

So far I haven't had any further problem with the musty smell.

I have no affiliation, with any of these products in any way nor do I get any commission from Amazon for you checking them out.

When did you start using these products, Susan? I'd like to develop a healthy vaginal culture but I wonder is just over three weeks is too soon.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Susan

Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

SadieBlake

Wynternight, I started introducing lactobacillus at 2 weeks (I waited until it was clear that all was essentially healed in the vaginal cavity (I'd had no bleeding in over a week etc). My surgeon's standard protocol was a douche of 10% vinegar once or twice a week an I simply would open a probiotic capsule and include it in the douche bulb.

I continued to do this for the duration of time that I was directed to continue the vinegar & water douche and then again when I had a post-op staph infection (that was limited to the external vulva however the antibiotic treatment of course kills off the good bacteria so I felt it wouldn't hurt to be sure I stayed properly colonized :-)).

My pH has stayed neutral - in this we are like post-menopausal women, the vaginas of natal females release glycogen which is what the good bacteria thrive on and it's that metabolism that in turn creates the low pH which keeps the bacteria we don't want from thriving, hence avoiding BV or yeast infection. My neutral pH notwithstanding, it's clear my vagina has  had essentially the same odor since about 8 weeks post-op and that for now my lactobacilli friends are here to stay at least for the foreseeable future (I had a vaginal culture done the other day due to some problems with blood coming from my G-spot (aka prostate), a little bit of hangover from having once had male-bits so I'm certain there are no bad actors in my snatch right now :-)).

The person to ask is your surgeon in any case. Mine was fine with what I chose to do, felt it was a good plan.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •