Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

If you could only buy 2 bags / purses, what color and style would they be?

Started by sarahc, November 21, 2018, 01:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahc

So I'm starting to think about wardrobe building, and I've started to think about bags and purses. The thing is...I don't really want to get a bunch of bags in different colors and for different functions (at least not yet  >:-)).

Sooo...would love people's thoughts on what two "must have" bags are for at least starting the collection and usually being useful. I'm thinking about a small brown or tan crossbody that can also be held on a wristlet and a black tote...is that pair a good starter set?
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: sarahc on November 21, 2018, 01:19:12 PM
So I'm starting to think about wardrobe building, and I've started to think about bags and purses. The thing is...I don't really want to get a bunch of bags in different colors and for different functions (at least not yet  >:-)).

Sooo...would love people's thoughts on what two "must have" bags are for at least starting the collection and usually being useful. I'm thinking about a small brown or tan crossbody that can also be held on a wristlet and a black tote...is that pair a good starter set?

@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I think that you are on the right track.
Definitely BLACK for one of them.... and for the 2nd bag, a brown or light tan would be good.... then as your money supply and wardrobe increase, the sky is the limit with colors and varieties of bags.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: sarahc on November 21, 2018, 01:19:12 PM

I suggest a brown one or sand color, and for sure a black one.  Nice leather, if affordable

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Jaime320

Some purses come in a set. Big Carry all with a snap in removable cross body and a small wristlet. Nice soft leather for about $50.
  •  

Sky1090

I have two right now and why're all I need most of the time. I have one very small black crossbody for going out and I have a brown and taupe Tommy Hilfiger shoulder bag for daily use. I constantly see new bags and wallets I want but my money has to go elsewhere for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

barbie

Yes. Black is safe. I prefer red, but I wish a big blue bag.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

CarlyMcx

I have five or six but the mainstay is a grey leather tote from Coach with a zip top and a shoulder strap.

#2 is a dark brown Coach cross body meant to carry an iPad but it carries lots of other stuff.

#3 and #4 are totes in red and white.

#5 is a little blue/charcoal reversible crossbody evening bag big enough for phone/keys/cards.
  •  

sarah1972

What do you mean TWO? Two per shopping trip?

This girl @Jayne01 has recently hooked me on Coach bags... Lucky we went to an outlet mall with a 70% + 20% sale going on...

So, here we go:

• Most used: A small brown / black cross shoulder purse.
  • A white leather coach purse, medium size
  • A larger mix #9 purse
  • And a grey Coach tote bag
  • A black clutch for formal events

I also have a blue Calvin Klein purse I really like but that needs some repair. the shoulder strap came off.

I am still not sure I am too much into purse shopping. Shoes - absolutely.

•  

sarahc

Quote from: sarah1972 on December 13, 2018, 08:18:52 AM
What do you mean TWO? Two per shopping trip?

Don't goad me on...I'm not even full-time yet, and I refuse to spend gazillions of dollars before I know what I'm doing.  :)
----
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244009.0.html)
Hope to go full-time: July / August 2019
FFS / SRS: 2020
  •  

KathyLauren

I started with a brown fake-leather cross-body purse.  It is still my first choice most of the time.  However, I have been informed by my stylist (i.e. my wife) that it is a summer purse, and I should be using a winter purse right now.  My winter purse is a dark wine-red nylon cross-body.

I also have a larger black nylon purse that is great as a backup, or if I plan to carry some cargo, like gloves or a scarf.  And I have a dressy black knitted purse for going to the theatre.

I only have cross-body style purses.  I refuse to carry something that I have to clutch onto all the time.  And all my purses are what my wife considers small.  Even the "larger" black one is small compared to the Queen Mary that she carries around.  The dressy one has room for wallet, cell phone, reading glasses, lipstick and tissues.  The others can hold all that plus change purse, pen, compact mirror, and pocket knife.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •