Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hiding Stubble/Shadow MTF

Started by veronicashannon88, December 02, 2018, 08:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatalieRene

Quote from: Lucca on December 18, 2018, 02:27:41 PM
How much concealer should there be before putting on foundation? Should it be a thick layer, thin layer, darker, lighter? Should the shadow be totally hidden before putting foundation on? Last time I tried? I think I had too much and it mixed with foundation and made it orangey. But some shadow was still visible.

It really comes down to the individual. I found Revlon Colorstay combination/oily was decent at hiding a shadow before I had the vast majority of my facial hair removed. I still have a few persistent hairs that I pluck every few days. They are getting less and less as time goes on.

Right now I use Tranluscent Perfect light Pressed Powder from the No7 product line to mask blemishes.
  •  

dee82

Quote from: Lucca on December 18, 2018, 02:27:41 PM
How much concealer should there be before putting on foundation? Should it be a thick layer, thin layer, darker, lighter? Should the shadow be totally hidden before putting foundation on? Last time I tried? I think I had too much and it mixed with foundation and made it orangey. But some shadow was still visible.

There are lots of YouTube videos where they use a thick layer, but the dilemma I have is that I don't like wearing thick make-up. So while the YouTube how-to videos are certainly effective at concealing the shadow, the amount of makeup required leaves me feeling depressed.

All I can suggest is always go for thin layers. You can always add another layer the next time you try and do extra powder on top of the foundation.
  •  

Coffeedrew

My stubble always ends up being foundation colored.Is that the point of foundation on a beard? I tried a orange concealer NYX brand and my face looks so horrible when I put foundation on. I need to many layers. I need advice  on how to blend makeup better. That stuff feels like clay on my face. I almost like a small amount of foundation and powder with noticeable beige stubble.
  •  

sally0196

Lucca,

You'll have to experiment until you find what works for you.  I use orange concealer, applied with a small stippling brush.  I work the concealer into my skin by stippling and rotating the brush left, then right to work it into the pores.  I use only enough concealer to to neutralize the blue beard shadow.  Apply it in layers until you only see orange and there is no blue.  Then I let the concealer "cook in" to my skin for about 15 minutes before covering with foundation.  The cooking in step is pretty important, so don't discount it.  Cooking in simply means that you are letting the concealer settle into your pores.   Then, I use full-coverage foundation, but I apply it in very thin layers and stop as soon as the orange shade disappears. I have found that by applying foundation too heavily, you can end up with a shadow that looks much like beard shadow, kind of defeating the original intent.  The bottom line is to use only as much foundation as is absolutely necessary. Finally, carefully blend your foundation so it appears uniform in shade and looks evenly distributed across all of your facial features.

Practice, practice, practice should be your mantra, because perfecting makeup application isn't easy.  Best of luck,

Sally 
  •  

Linde

I have a question, why would one want to use foundation, what is it good for?
My wife never used the stuff, and neither does any of my female friends.  Every female I know seems to b anti foundation and they tell me that i on't need it.  What is the scoop with that stuff?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

sally0196

There are so many different reasons someone would want to use foundation, which might include: to even out uneven skin tone, or to cover flaws or discolorations of the natural skin.  I do agree, however, that using foundation is not necessary if you like the way your complexion looks without it.  Bottom line, it's a personal choice.  For me personally, it's a no brainer.  My complexion looks so much better with properly applied foundation, and because I need coverage to hide my male oriented facial flaws, like beard shadow.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

Linde

Quote from: sally0196 on December 24, 2018, 10:53:17 AM
There are so many different reasons someone would want to use foundation, which might include: to even out uneven skin tone, or to cover flaws or discolorations of the natural skin.  I do agree, however, that using foundation is not necessary if you like the way your complexion looks without it.  Bottom line, it's a personal choice.  For me personally, it's a no brainer.  My complexion looks so much better with properly applied foundation, and because I need coverage to hide my male oriented facial flaws, like beard shadow.

Hugs,

Sally
Thank you Sally, now I understand why I don't need it.  I never got adult skin, because of my condition, and have not to cover anything (just old age wrinkles), and my beard growth is so minimal that I need to shave only every 3 or 4 days.
Merry Christmas and hugs
Linde

•  

ChrissyRyan

Have any of you used facial hair remover, such as those under the brand names of Avon, Sally Hansen, or Olay?  Do they work well for facial hair removal?

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on December 24, 2018, 11:19:31 AM
Have any of you used facial hair remover, such as those under the brand names of Avon, Sally Hansen, or Olay?  Do they work well for facial hair removal?

Chrissy
How would they work?  You would not want anything harsh on your face!  I did not even know that they exist.  If they do work, I might not need to do electrolysis, because I do not have that much facial hair.  I have to take a lock at them!
Thanks for bringing this up! I can always relay on you to bring hot topics into a discussion!
Thanks again for being you!
Linde

•  

ChrissyRyan

Linde,

I do not know how they work.  I would not use Nair hair removal on the face but these cosmetic company facial hair removers are designed to be used on the face.  Let me know what you find out. 

Oh, there is a nice line of lace nightgowns I wanted to share information about with you, but I will start a new thread under Fashion so this thread here is not hijacked.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

sally0196

I tried facial hair remover once, but I think it is designed to be most effective on finer, typically feminine hair.  My hair is thicker, so I had to leave the remover on longer, which burned my skin.  That was the last time I ever used facial hair remover.

Hugs,

Sally
  •  

Linde

I read the Avon description, and the comments, and I don't think it is what I want.  It just removes the above surface hair, which means, you will get a beard shadow again once the hair grows back!  I may as well use my trusted Gillette shaver, and keep those nasty chemicals off of my delicate skin!

•