Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Cancer while on MTF Horomones

Started by gwenf369, December 04, 2018, 03:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwenf369

Hi everyone,

I plan to start HRT next year, but I have been diagnosed with what we expect will be a very treatable cancer :(.  I have some questions that I am hoping you can give some insight:

- Should I expect this to delay the start of my HRT?
- What are the risks of taking estrogen while being treated with radiation of chemo?
- If I have to delay, how long after the completion of my treatment will I need to wait to start HRT?

Feel free to share any personal experience that you or loved one on HRT has experienced if you feel comfortable doing so.

I cannot discuss HRT with my doctor yet.  That is why I am looking for input from SP members.

Thank you to everyone in advance.
Gwen :angel:

•  

Dena

In this case, there are two types of cancer. Ones that respond to estrogen and ones that don't. If you have one that responds to estrogen like breast cancer, there will be restrictions on hormones. Something like prostate cancer doesn't respond to estrogen and in some cases, estrogen is part of the treatment because it can be a blocker. This is probably a question that would be best answered by your doctor who is familiar with the type of cancer you have.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •